PDA

View Full Version : Dark Nations Update/Hirings

Matt
05-16-2005, 03:45 AM
Hi, recently there have been some changes with the Dark Nations.
LordVyse recently handed ownership to myself and made Stanislav the Manager. Stanislav has also decided to promote Xanthus to Co Manager.

Dark Nations will be a Fun/PK/Sparring server such as some of Graal's current Classic Playerworlds. There will be fun quests, player NPCs, alot of customized file such as the GFX (chairs,tables,ect.) More information can be found at www.graal.net under 'Latest News'

*Server Completetion*
Curent DB NPCs are 80% complete
Levels are 40% complete
Customized Graphics are 70% complete
Events/ET House are 80% complete

If you would like to check out the server please do so. :)
Due to recent inactivity there will be no staff on except Xanthus,Stanislav,Pandar, and myself.

*Hirings*
All hirings can be found at http://www.graal.net/people/

Matt
05-16-2005, 03:46 AM
You'll have to open the image in paint and zoom in a bit to see it better. Sorry.

Mykel
05-16-2005, 04:31 AM
Dark Nations will be a Fun/PK/Sparring server such as some of Graal's current Classic Playerworlds.:'(

maximus_asinus
05-16-2005, 03:49 PM
That level is horrible.

Matt
05-16-2005, 03:51 PM
:'(

In my opinion i just don't think a new RP Server will go far. I like classic servers with classic quality. :)

xAndrewx
05-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Goodluck o_o..

Matt
05-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Have some faith in us. We've gotten comments from players stating they like our playerworld and hope we get classic in the future. This will hopefully happen once i get everything more organized.

coreys
05-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Sorry I havent been on Matt, I got caught up in my server, might as well remove me if you havent already.

btw, Stan says DN is dying and I can see it too. Everytime I log on no one is on. ='[

Matt
05-17-2005, 04:01 PM
That level is horrible.

Keep your opinions to yourself. I did'nt ask for a rating on the level, it's just there to show what some of the server will look like. And i know it's not that good which is why i'm posting LAT hirings.

Matt
05-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Sorry I havent been on Matt, I got caught up in my server, might as well remove me if you havent already.

btw, Stan says DN is dying and I can see it too. Everytime I log on no one is on. ='[

How can it die when a private playerworld hardly gets players? Me and Stan have something planned anyway, so just AIM me a.s.a.p.

Currently it's just Stan,Xan,Scarz, and WarHead. Stan and i will set up a meeting on RC sometime so we can get this situation figured out. In the meantime i'll try and get some old staff to help out. I think i can get Ape and Okiesmokie to help out a bit again.

coreys
05-19-2005, 04:40 PM
Okiesmokey quit graal, that most likely won't happen, since he's never on AIM anymore.

Matt
05-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Okiesmokey quit graal, that most likely won't happen, since he's never on AIM anymore.

I'm pretty sure he got his new AIM sn awhile ago.

lucavi783
05-22-2005, 06:12 AM
Currently it's just Stan,Xan,Scarz, and WarHead.

You forgot about me. xD True, I haven't been active lately, but I have some spare time right now.

p2p_Sir_Link
05-22-2005, 07:01 AM
You forgot about me. xD True, I haven't been active lately, but I have some spare time right now.
*fired from kalypso*

Matt
05-26-2005, 04:07 AM

Message me a.s.a.p please.

refinoheat2
05-27-2005, 01:31 PM
I left before Vyse quit because it was dieing, I will check it out later though and see if it is worth coming back as a LAT maybe. But if I did it wouldn't be for a while, I will be working with Delteria as in makes some big development moves over the Next few weeks.

Hiro
05-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Wasn't this a gun server, then a RP server, and now a classic PK and Spar server? Make up you're mind!

zim5354
05-27-2005, 11:19 PM
i thought it was always a classic server with rp mixed in?

refinoheat2
05-28-2005, 08:40 AM
Imma get on real quick before I leave for the weekend, I'll give my opinion when I get back.

Matt
05-30-2005, 01:17 AM
Wasn't this a gun server, then a RP server, and now a classic PK and Spar server? Make up you're mind!

What in the world are you talking about? It was never a 'Gun Server' or an 'RP Server'. Dark Nations was always classic.

Matt
06-13-2005, 01:34 AM
-Update-
Dark Nations staff have just completed all of the DB NPCs and Customized GFX for the server that we think will be needed for when and if we go public.

All that's left to do really is our Overworld. We are really in need of LAT's so if you're interested just come to Dark Nations and pm someone to tryout.

We are also hiring people who can create Ganis and Scripts.

Matt
06-25-2005, 08:01 AM
Our new and permanant forums are now up. Register and post if you would like to.

*Note* Still under development with our 2 webmasters.

http://www.darknations.net/forums/

lucavi783
06-27-2005, 06:46 AM
Dark Nations is now hiring LATs. To tryout, please send the following information/examples to [email protected]

Information-
1. Account:Nick
2. Any past history of staff abuse.
3. Why you feel you should be an LAT on Dark Nations.

Examples-
1. An outside level showing your skills with cliff tiles.
2. An outside level showing your skills with water tiles.
3. Inside level with your choice of tile.

Good luck to all who apply.

Matt
06-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Applications for other positions will be posted here.

http://www.darknations.net/forums/index.php?

kenyonandelliot
07-06-2005, 03:26 AM
The server is being worked on and possibly going to be on the Hosted Tab. We still need LAT's, GAT's, NAT's, and other Development team.

Server Completion:
Levels = 50%
Images = 80%
Events = 80%
NPCS = 90%

Thrashsoul3
07-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Very unoriginal and nothing new is promised.

Matt
07-08-2005, 04:22 AM
Check our past threads which are still on the front page. You can also check us our at www.graal.net

Matt
11-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Posting in this again because it shows alot of information people want when they tryout.

Anyway, yes Dark Nations is hiring. We are currently in desperate need of Scripters, some Level Makers, Graphics Artists, and Gani Makers. The Scripters should know enough GS2 so that you can fix the scripts that don't work when GS2 was installed. Although we have a new tileset Level makers can still use the normal tileset when applying.

*-Updates-*

New Tileset was uploaded today and small changes will be made throughout the week.

Pets are now buyable with Event Coins in the Events House.

Modified Events Gui

Events Bot and IRC Bot Added (v4 Only)

Our new Staff Team have been working everyday to finish the Overworld which should be done by the end of next week.

If you are interesting trying out for LAT, NAT or even GFX Teams, please send 2 examples of your work to [email protected] This email is checked every other day, depending who is on.

All other information you would like to know can be found in other posts in this thread
www.darknations.net/forums/

Current Staff Team

Managment
Seltic
Matt

Server Administration
FallChild
Sigma

Project Manager
Zen

Levels Development
Chaotic
Cyclone
Vengence

Best Regards,

Dark Nations Staff

Mykel
11-12-2005, 02:56 AM
What's the catch? What draws people into the server? What makes people want to play. You may like to play classic servers, but what will bring players from other servers to yours?

What will make people leave the servers they currently play that have events, PKing, and sparring to play your server that has events, PKing, and sparring.

StanislavHunter
02-03-2006, 05:26 AM
I'm black. Check me out. :cool:

Kronan
02-03-2006, 05:39 AM
I'm black. Check me out. :cool:

Why are you reviving this old thread?

StanislavHunter
02-03-2006, 05:41 AM
Why are you reviving this old thread?

'cause I feel like it. Got a problem with that?

Kronan
02-03-2006, 05:42 AM
'cause I feel like it. Got a problem with that?

Not really, was just wondering why.

StanislavHunter
02-03-2006, 05:46 AM
Not really, was just wondering why.

Well, I don't need a reason. I'm black. :cool:

Kronan
02-03-2006, 06:01 AM
Well, I don't need a reason. I'm black. :cool:

You're cool.

StanislavHunter
02-03-2006, 08:40 PM
You're cool.

I know. Hence the emoticon. :cool:

ApothiX
02-03-2006, 09:31 PM
LordVyse recently handed ownership to myself and made Stanislav the Manager.
I know. Hence the emoticon. :cool:
I can tell you're management material.

Matt
02-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Alot can change in 9 months, and for the better. ;)

StanislavHunter
02-03-2006, 10:02 PM

Too bad I don't even work on the server anymore. :cool:

And Dark Nations would be nowhere without my NPCs. I made 90% of the server's scripts, and they still use the same ones. They even hire a known script stealer (Knight) and make him a NAT. Good going. ;)

Matt
02-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Too bad I don't even work on the server anymore. :cool:

And Dark Nations would be nowhere without my NPCs. I made 90% of the server's scripts, and they still use the same ones. They even hire a known script stealer (Knight) and make him a NAT. Good going. ;)

According to the logs, you've been banned since you left. As i said before, alot can change in 9 months, including ridding of your 5-6 scripts you made, which is not 90% of what we have.

StanislavHunter
02-03-2006, 10:37 PM
According to the logs, you've been banned since you left. As i said before, alot can change in 9 months, including ridding of your 5-6 scripts you made, which is not 90% of what we have.

Hm, weird since the only NPCs other than mine were just an Admin NPC and a few others. And I'm sure you're still using my event GUI, along with the event coin GUI that I set up.

And I love my ban message. If I remember correctly, it was something about editing the client or somewhat along those lines. Couldn't think of a good reason to ban me for, other than you being mad that you lost your only good scripter?

And then you go and hire Knight, whom I had to ban on Seltic's old server, because he had applied with and uploaded illegal and/or stolen scripts to the server. He couldn't even script a simple horse NPC correctly, but now Seltic calls him good. I highly doubt that.

Matt
02-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Hm, weird since the only NPCs other than mine were just an Admin NPC and a few others. And I'm sure you're still using my event GUI, along with the event coin GUI that I set up.

And I love my ban message. If I remember correctly, it was something about editing the client or somewhat along those lines. Couldn't think of a good reason to ban me for, other than you being mad that you lost your only good scripter?

And then you go and hire Knight, whom I had to ban on Seltic's old server, because he had applied with and uploaded illegal and/or stolen scripts to the server. He couldn't even script a simple horse NPC correctly, but now Seltic calls him good. I highly doubt that.

You'll have to realize, your not the only player who can script well. As for your ban reason, it will be set when i get time tonight. The reason was automatically deleted when RC2 was released. Im still curious as to why your having an attitude, so talk it over with me on AIM instead of going off topic? MattHintonGraal

StanislavHunter
02-03-2006, 10:48 PM
You'll have to realize, your not the only player who can script well. As for your ban reason, it will be set when i get time tonight. The reason was automatically deleted when RC2 was released. Im still curious as to why your having an attitude, so talk it over with me on AIM instead of going off topic? MattHintonGraal

Attitude? Where do I have an attitude?

Oh, and I know I'm not the only person who can "script well." I just know that Knight can and never has been able to script, and you have a known script stealer working on your server. ^^

Ibonic
02-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Closed by thread creator's request.