PDA

View Full Version : i think i've managed the dart gun

SayianOozaru
05-07-2005, 06:37 AM
ok, here's the dart gun. YES YES YES i no that this was already posted, but now that post is old...real old, and i've made the dartgun to my liking, and hopefully yours to:) here is stats:

Dart Gun:

type: gun
hands: 1
ammo: put below(i made the ammo, get 4 each time you buy 1 bullet)
ammoclip: 6
freezing: 2.0
bullets: 1
power: 8 hp
range: long
speed: 9 tiles/sec
Variance: 25 degrees
effect: slows enemy down (as much as goonadier) and makes them lose 2 hp per step (effect wears off after 45 sec.)

ummm let me no your comments ;)
also made GFX for it:)

Admins
05-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Looks quite nice, may be the haft (? not sure what the english word for this is, where you hold the weapon) could become more shading or so

Crono
05-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Looks nice but the handle thingy needs more detail.

ssnniitt5
05-07-2005, 05:19 PM
its good.. but i dont get why that slice is in the handel? and the little canister comming from the trigger?

SayianOozaru
05-07-2005, 07:40 PM
more detail :) ok i've fixed the handel thing :) hope you guys like it^^

here is it's stats again:

Dart Gun:

speed: 9 tiles/sec
effect: slows enemy down (as much as goonadier) and makes them lose 2 hp per step (effect wears off after 45 sec.)

and a bullet should cost like $50-75

Magadal
05-07-2005, 08:13 PM
4 darts for 75 $?._. damn thats expensive xD

Gambet
05-07-2005, 09:04 PM
I dont see why people keep making poison effect weapons >.>

SayianOozaru
05-08-2005, 01:44 AM
it's supposed to be expensive,....or at least i thought it should be......but maybe a bullet could cost 15-25?

maximus_asinus
05-08-2005, 05:42 AM
Someone should make a dart gun like the one on perfect dark. (firing it in function 'D' would fire a poisen dart at a reasonable speed, while poisening the person. Function 'S' would instantly kill the target via lethal injection).

Chris
05-08-2005, 06:00 AM
Someone should make a dart gun like the one on perfect dark. (firing it in function 'D' would fire a poisen dart at a reasonable speed, while poisening the person. Function 'S' would instantly kill the target via lethal injection).
Whoa.. Neato.

its good.. but i dont get why that slice is in the handel? and the little canister comming from the trigger?
CO2 tank I would assume. Guns like that are powered via compression.

SayianOozaru
05-08-2005, 06:16 AM
maybe that idea could work.........and if it could the stats could probly be:

Dart Gun:

(s, button)

speed: 11 tiles/sec

(d, button)

ammo: put below( get 1 each time you buy 1 bullet,only for the 1 hit kill dart)
ammoclip: 3(the 1 hit kill darts only have 3 darts per round)
power: 100 hp
speed: 8 tiles/sec
effect: kills enemy in one shot

do you guys like this idea??? i like it, but i could live with the other idea....:)

Crono
05-08-2005, 01:24 PM
D button should do 75 damage instead in my opinion.

Gambet
05-08-2005, 02:10 PM
No. We wont have any instant K.O weapons. People complain already that some weapons are too strong and they only take out like 40 dmg or so. Instant death weapons will just upset the players.

Akoalin
05-08-2005, 03:42 PM
It still could use more shading... use the other Zone guns as a referance...
(gah... I haven't been on Zone because my keyboard is weird, can't explain, when I try to move, it goes forward a little, stops, then goes forward again.)

Crono
05-08-2005, 04:09 PM
No. We wont have any instant K.O weapons. People complain already that some weapons are too strong and they only take out like 40 dmg or so. Instant death weapons will just upset the players.

Agreed. The Dart gun should have insane freezing time though, to make up for any high damage it does.

maximus_asinus
05-08-2005, 06:34 PM
As I suggested, lethal injection. You'd need to be close range. It'd use an entire clip of dart ammo (which would be expensive to buy), maybe a limit of 5 darts / clip, and max capacity of 15 - 25 darts? This way if people decided to lame with it, they'd only manage at most 3 - 5 kills before they'd have to switch guns.

Also I'd like more than gambet's input. I think its quite interesting.

SayianOozaru
05-08-2005, 08:07 PM
ok so it would be something like this?....

Dart Gun:

(s, button)

(d, button)

ammoclip: uses the whole round (6 darts)

and the max ammo that this can hold will be 35 shots......

does anyone like this idea?

maximus_asinus
05-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Definately not long range.

SayianOozaru
05-08-2005, 08:35 PM
lol forgot to change that......

Dart Gun:

(s, button)

(d, button)

ammoclip: uses the whole round (6 darts)
range: short

ok, fixed it.....let me no what you guys think.:)

Gambet
05-08-2005, 08:46 PM
One hit K.O wont happen, dont even bother. Only way a weapon can be one hit K.O is if its nearly impossible to hit someone with it, but what good would that be?

SayianOozaru
05-08-2005, 10:46 PM
ok....well then just this for stats:)

ammo: put below(i made the ammo, get 6 each time you buy 1 bullet)
speed: 10 tiles/sec

maximus_asinus
05-09-2005, 12:01 AM
One hit K.O wont happen, dont even bother. Only way a weapon can be one hit K.O is if its nearly impossible to hit someone with it, but what good would that be?
Would you shut up? You act as if everything that goes into Zone has to be approved by you and only you. Others think my idea was quite interesting. I'd like to see what Stefan says before you trying shutting out the idea. If the players like it let it go up. Just because you dislike it doesn't mean you should dismiss the idea.

Gambet
05-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Would you shut up? You act as if everything that goes into Zone has to be approved by you and only you. Others think my idea was quite interesting. I'd like to see what Stefan says before you trying shutting out the idea. If the players like it let it go up. Just because you dislike it doesn't mean you should dismiss the idea.

No, but weapons have to be approved by myself also. Honestly, I hardly get on client, so why the heck would it bother me? Do you know what bothers me? When I get on RC and I get like 40 pm's when a new weapon comes out with players complaining saying that there too strong/powerful. A one hit K.O weapon just WONT WORK. Whats the point on having a one hit K.O weapon anyways? So people could get lamed like crazy? I dont think so. Zone was made to be fun, not for players to find ways to lame the heck out of everyone and ruin their time.

maximus_asinus
05-09-2005, 01:42 AM
No, but weapons have to be approved by myself also.
I doubt that weapons have to be approved by you. They are most likely run by you, but if you didn't approve, I doubt it would effect whether or not the item is uploaded.

Honestly, I hardly get on client, so why the heck would it bother me?
*insert RC idling comment here*

Regarding the rest of your post I'd say a weapon like this could work IF IT FOLLOWED THE STRICT GUIDELINES I MENTIONED. Laming with the one hit kill function would be limited due to the small amout of ammo. I'll even limit it even further.

max capacity: 15 darts
darts per clip: 5 darts
damage: 5 - 8 HP semi automatic. 100 HP lethal injection.
lethal injection can only be used with a full clip, so of course a lethal injection would cost 5 darts.
freeze time: 2 seconds semi automatic. 5 seconds lethal injection.
Uses both hands to prevent combinations with other weapons.
To refill ammo you'll need to purchase each single dart for 50$

With these rules set in place even laming would be difficult. If players attacked a dart gun user in a group they'd be able to kill the player before they'd be able to kill anyone. Really it'd be a weapon of last resort.

Kaimetsu
05-09-2005, 01:52 AM
I don't personally like the idea of instant-kill weapons. It would just be too frustrating for the people that get hit.

And adding a high price doesn't justify anything. There should be a limit to how much power people can buy, or newbies quickly become even more disadvantaged than they already are.

MasterNuke
05-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Even though we have a crossbow :whatever: ...
My personal opinion... there should never be a weapon that does more than 85 damage.

SayianOozaru
05-09-2005, 03:54 PM
......y r we still on this 1 hit ko topic?^^ i said forget it, lol, we'll just stick with the old stats:)........(only cause the people didn't like the idea...^^)

ammo: put below(i made the ammo, get 6 each time you buy 1 bullet)
speed: 10 tiles/sec

the most the gun can hold is 30 bullets...

SayianOozaru
05-11-2005, 03:57 PM
.....no new posts for like 3 days :'( does this mean that this thread has died?? if so i'll use GFX for Choas Reign (server) that's where i wanted it to go originally.......but i thought it would be good enough to go into zone.....so let me no if this has died or what......

Admins
05-11-2005, 09:07 PM
I think the gfx looks nice, but we already have a lot of other poisoning weapons, so we need to think about something original

Crono
05-11-2005, 09:25 PM
How about darts that have different properties? They'd all do the same damage but have different affects -

Fire Darts, puts you on fire, but doesn't take off as much hp as flamethrower
Poison Darts, poisons you
Ice Darts, freezes you but for less time than the ice missle thingy

Gambet
05-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Fire darts and freeze darts I suppose would be fine, but we have enough poison weapons for now.

Crono
05-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Fire darts and freeze darts I suppose would be fine, but we have enough poison weapons for now.

Hmm, we'll need another effect for fun. I mean 2 effects are boring. 3 is always a good number :p

SayianOozaru
05-12-2005, 12:00 AM
hmmmmm:

fire darts
ice darts

and...

gravition darts?:) or maybe a time warp dart?^^(this would send you back to where you were 30 sec. ago, but would only work on battle field, so if you tried lame n' with it, it wouldn't work, because your enemy hasn't been on the battle field for 30 sec.) let me no if you guys like any of the idea^^

Gambet
05-12-2005, 12:01 AM
gravition darts?:) or maybe a time warp dart?^^(this would send you back to where you were 30 sec. ago, but would only work on battle field, so if you tried lame n' with it, it wouldn't work, because your enemy hasn't been on the battle field for 30 sec.) let me no if you guys like any of the idea^^

No.....just no.

SayianOozaru
05-12-2005, 01:24 AM
ehhhh, i hate it when you people do this, you say you don't like it and then don't say why. PLEASE LET ME NO WHAT YOU THINK, NOT YES OR NO, thanks^^

zim5354
05-12-2005, 02:12 PM
becuse think of it your the enemy you run inside base one and just shoot those time warp things not to mention its even to unrealistic for zone.

Crono
05-12-2005, 07:57 PM
How about parasite darts?

These darts make it so that the person is parasited for 30 seconds. Once someone is parasited, the opposing team can view this person (like setfocus or whatever command it is) for that time. This can be used to predict attacks and positions since you can see everything around this person too.

SayianOozaru
05-14-2005, 08:02 PM
ok we'll have fire darts, ice darts, and sleeping darts(puts enemy to sleep for 15 sec., cannot be hurt) or exploding darts(would do like 10 damage) do you guys like these ideas?

Crono
05-15-2005, 12:29 AM
exploding darts? Wtf?

Sleeping darts? Wtf? Thats essentially the same thing as ice darts.

I like my parasite idea best :)