PDA

View Full Version : I've acted out on someone's idea of a sword

SayianOozaru
04-26-2005, 03:20 AM
ok, i did not come up with the idea for this sword......but i did make the graphics

................all feed back is apprieciated..............

Stefan.....if people like sword can it be in game? if it can then the stats of the sword are listed below:

it would be a sword that when you press (D) you shoot with the one gun thing, and when you press (S) you slash enemy.

the slash will do 40 damage, and take up 15 energy
the bullet will do 10 damage, and take up 10 energy

the bullet will only go as far as the bullet for the plasma riffle will go, but the bullet will look like the bullet found from the chaingun.
and maybe you could give it it's own 3d light?:)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok this part is up to you guys as well, since this sword is not only a sword but also a gun, i was thinking that you would have to buy sword like you would jetpack. the sword would be worth 6 k.

or it could be in the lightinfantry class, and commando class, along with sapper class.........and if you guys think it should be in a class you should have to be a veternaran to use it......that way not everyone can use it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you guys have any suggestions please post them, thank you very much.

.................let me no which one you like most....................

(links have better pic, than the one shown)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

and when you press "D" you swing sword straight out infront of you and fire the bullet, and it stays like this until you move, or press "S"

SayianOozaru
04-26-2005, 05:47 AM
can't post any more on the other post so i'll post them here. let me no if you guys like this one more than the one with gun, or let me no which one you think will be best in game, or if you HATE them all. I don't really care if you don't like them, just don't say that they suck if you can't make better ones........ok:)

SayianOozaru
04-26-2005, 07:03 PM
but do you like the sword with the gun attached? i really want it to be in the game, because everytime i use the sword and a noob, or someone sees it they run till i can't hit them turn around and shoot, then when i get close to them they do the same thing........so i really think that if we had a gun attached to the sword this would solve my problem, and i'm sure this has happened to you to. so please let me no if you think the sword with the gun is good, and i'd also like the red sword to be in the game....though i don't really care if it is........I JUST WANT THE SWORD WITH THE GUN IN THE GAME..................

here are the 3 swords in gif form.........

Kaimetsu
04-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Isn't this just a case of combining all the strengths of two weapons into one? Doesn't sound like good balancing.

SayianOozaru
04-26-2005, 07:35 PM
look at the stats i gave in the first post.....i think i evened everything out......but i wanna no if you guys agree with me on the stats....and if you don't then post what you think the stats should be, and i also said that the sword should have to be bought, but to answer you question no it isn't a case of combining all the strengths of two weapons into one............

and i made it to where the bullet takes up 10 health and takes up like 10 energy

Kaimetsu
04-26-2005, 07:43 PM
So the actual sword slash is significantly more powerful than that of any other sword? Unless this (http://www.graalonline.com/graal2001/downloads/zone/zoneweapons.html) is outdated?

zim5354
04-26-2005, 11:16 PM
the gun thing would kill balence unless it was like a one shot poisen dart

Gurran_303
04-26-2005, 11:26 PM
To balance it make the wepon hold like 5-10 ammo MAX! Now that sounds fair to me, nice GFX the second one has to be the best.

SayianOozaru
04-27-2005, 01:04 AM
new stats:

slash does 35 damage, takes up 15 energy
bullet does 10-15 damage, takes up 15 energy

you will have to buy this sword, like you do the jetpack for 6k

i think this even things out, if the red sword can be put in game i'll make stats for it.

so, what do you guys think?

Kaimetsu
04-27-2005, 02:17 AM
slash does 35-45 damage

That is still almost twice as much as the next most powerful weapon, yes?

SayianOozaru
04-27-2005, 02:19 AM
not really......the most powerful weapon does 50 damage and thats the plasmabre.........then it's the muramasa(does 30-40) then it would be this weapon........
and the bullet isn't even that strong......

Stefan can this be in game?

Kaimetsu
04-27-2005, 02:34 AM
not really......the most powerful weapon does 50 damage and thats the plasmabre.........

Ah, then the page I linked earlier must be out of date.

Anyway. If a melee weapon were to fire a projectile then I'd expect it to be some kind of energy wave thing. Having a gun nailed to a sword is pretty strange.

Googi
04-27-2005, 02:37 AM
It could be fair as long as the gun sucked.

haunter
04-27-2005, 02:37 AM
Ah, then the page I linked earlier must be out of date.

Anyway. If a melee weapon were to fire a projectile then I'd expect it to be some kind of energy wave thing. Having a gun nailed to a sword is pretty strange.

How did those swordgun thingers in that Final Fantasy game work? I thought they fired bullets... I'm not really sure though, I havent actually played that game for any length of time.

Kaimetsu
04-27-2005, 03:22 AM
How did those swordgun thingers in that Final Fantasy game work? I thought they fired bullets...

Yes. But gunblades (http://www.geocities.com/lunaticpandorasbox/gunblade.jpg) were essentially just big sword-shaped guns. They weren't swords with guns attached.

SayianOozaru
04-27-2005, 03:39 AM
well Kaimetsu i re-did the sword just for you:)

tell me which one you like better now

the one to the left is the new one

SayianOozaru
04-28-2005, 02:19 AM
or this one

Kaimetsu
04-28-2005, 02:34 AM
Maybe put some kind of handle on the blade? It would be quite difficult to aim that thing with one hand. It'd be easier if there were a blunt section on the back of the sword where you could rest it on your other hand.

Brad
04-28-2005, 06:20 AM
Yes. But gunblades (http://www.geocities.com/lunaticpandorasbox/gunblade.jpg) were essentially just big sword-shaped guns. They weren't swords with guns attached.

i thought in FF8 you had a limit breaker which fired bullets

im pretty sure atleast i havent played in years

Admins
04-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Sorry I have removed several messages because people just can't stay ontopic :rolleyes:

The swords look nice, although I don't know if they would fit in Zone. It could be more interesting to make a combination of two weapons, like you hold the red sword in the right hand and a red gun in the left hand. Then it would be futuristic :)

KuJi
04-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Sorry I have removed several messages because people just can't stay ontopic :rolleyes:

The swords look nice, although I don't know if they would fit in Zone. It could be more interesting to make a combination of two weapons, like you hold the red sword in the right hand and a red gun in the left hand. Then it would be futuristic :)
How would that make it futuristic if you have a gun and a sword equipped at once? I think that is impossible.

Admins
04-28-2005, 03:38 PM
How would that make it futuristic if you have a gun and a sword equipped at once? I think that is impossible.

? You see that in some films. In Star Wars you also have people with two laser swords and such.

Fry
04-28-2005, 03:45 PM
? You see that in some films. In Star Wars you also have people with two laser swords and such.
You even have some with four swords :D

SayianOozaru
04-28-2005, 04:43 PM
alright then i'll get to work making a gun to go along with the sword, and thanks for removing those messages stefan, i appreciate it:)

alright i'm done with it, let me no what you think:)

Brad
04-28-2005, 11:25 PM
that sword looks like it fell in some mutant acid from another planet

in other words its ugly

Akoalin
04-29-2005, 01:59 AM
I prefer a Goldeneye: Rogue Agent style dual-wield system, like most weapons can be placed in one hand along with another weapon, but some, like rocketlaunchers, require 2 hands.

SayianOozaru
04-29-2005, 03:55 AM
so do you like it?

ALSO ON ANOTHER NOTE, MY HAIR WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PUT IN GAME, BUT NEVER WAS....AND THE HEAD I THINK WAS TO, SO I'M GONNA POST ALL 3, THE HAIR, THE HEAD, AND THE SWORD.

and i've also made another head, please let me no what you think of all of these, let me no if you think there good and should be in game, just good, or bad and need more work.

Brad
04-29-2005, 06:33 AM
the weapons are ugly

i dont want ssj ninjas on zone

that head looks like crap

SayianOozaru
04-29-2005, 06:51 AM
ok, you've said that once before, you didn't need to post it again. and by the way the hair, and the zone face2 hasn't had anything bad about it said at all, so your retarded. and the sword has been liked by everyone but 2 people, and one of them is you......

Darlene159
04-29-2005, 06:57 AM
ok, you've said that once before, you didn't need to post it again. and by the way the hair, and the zone face2 hasn't had anything bad about it said at all, so your retarded. and the sword has been liked by everyone but 2 people, and one of them is you......But you dont have to keep putting it in different threads, Stefan has seen it in the other several threads you have made with those images in them......

SayianOozaru
04-29-2005, 07:05 AM
i no, but he probly forgot.....he said he'd put them in within' a week and they were never putin, and it's been like a month....so i was just reminding him.........

NOW TO STAY ON TOPIC:

DO YOU GUYS LIKE ALL 4 OF THESE ITEMS?

Kaimetsu
04-29-2005, 07:29 AM
NOW TO STAY ON TOPIC:

Brad gave his opinion and you insulted him for it :\ If you're already assured that your images are super-awesome, why do you need to keep asking?

Anyway, the face is too asymmetric.

Magadal
04-29-2005, 02:50 PM
NOW TO STAY ON TOPIC:

i hate red swords, i hate green faces and i hate dbz hair...and the other weapon is just a recolor of the g18 x-x i hate ALL ur gfxes..

SayianOozaru
04-29-2005, 04:41 PM
the only reason i insulted him is cause he'd already stated that he didn't like them before and there was no reason for him to do it again, and i keep askin' because i want them to be in game:), and how is it to asymmetric??? and what about the link with the face, that's the one i really like, it looks kinda 3d i think.....thanks for your posts:)

and i re-did the gun from scratch, yesterday i was in a rush, and was almost late for the bus, so i just used that gun x_x

Kaimetsu
04-29-2005, 05:44 PM
how is it to asymmetric???

It's unbalanced. It's not symmetrical (and I'm not just talking about shading).

zokemon
04-29-2005, 08:36 PM
The muramasa is SUPPOSED to be one of the best weapons in any game (it and the masamune are real swords). Some stupid painted sword with a gun welded on should not even come close to comparison. My your sword have a really small amount of damage like 10 or something (I don't play zone really so I don't know how much that is) then you can have your little gun.

Magadal
04-29-2005, 09:40 PM
the only reason i insulted him is cause he'd already stated that he didn't like them before and there was no reason for him to do it again, and i keep askin' because i want them to be in game:), and how is it to asymmetric??? and what about the link with the face, that's the one i really like, it looks kinda 3d i think.....thanks for your posts:)

and i re-did the gun from scratch, yesterday i was in a rush, and was almost late for the bus, so i just used that gun x_x

u often use only 4 or 5 colors....that looks stupid....and the sword red is just the normal paint red x-x looks ugly on a sword

Brad
04-29-2005, 10:27 PM

i didnt say anything about the head before i said something

I had to get my comment in ssj oozaru

SayianOozaru
04-30-2005, 12:51 AM
damn nothin' good from you guys.....but that's ok:) zokemon, if you don't play zones why do you post on here? 10 damage would be like a punch,lol:) then i'm sorry brad but i thought you'd already critisized all my stuff....ummm, i like the color red that's why it's that color, and how does a color of a sword make it look ugly? i can always re-color it.....
o the head is symmetrical, but i shaded each head differently, that way is was realistic, so if you faced left and the light was comming from the right, you wouldn't turn right and have the light commin' from the left.......do you under stand what i'm tryin' to say? i tried to explain it the best i could.....and what about this head?

Kaimetsu
04-30-2005, 01:04 AM
the head is symmetrical

No it isn't. Look at the forward-facing sprites.

SayianOozaru
04-30-2005, 02:24 AM
the very top face has to look different for some reason......don't no why......but w/e back to the question Do You Like The Items?

Magadal
04-30-2005, 09:49 AM
i think that would be a good red for that sword _

Gurran_303
05-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Isn't this the reaper? If it is why isnt that GFX on here as well.

SayianOozaru
05-03-2005, 12:52 AM
it's somewhere in the beggining of the posts, stefan made it sorter and made it darker....