PDA

View Full Version : map error x-x

WanDaMan
04-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Well, got bored and decided to make a map. Well, I get on to it and I find out there is a bug!

Check it out

So, I make the map levels and then I generate a map:

http://img75.echo.cx/img75/4269/wancronomap6qx.png

That's the map, but there is a mistake! look to the right of the detailed level. It's black! now in level editor it isn't, looky:

http://img75.echo.cx/img75/2781/graalskyld5af.png

Here is the insides of the map.txt
"","","","",""
"","","wanlevel_a-02.nw","wanlevel_a-03.nw",""
"","wanlevel_a-04.nw","wanlevel_a-05.nw","wanlevel_a-06.nw",""
"","wanlevel_a-07.nw","wanlevel_a-08.nw","wanlevel_a-13.nw",""
"","","wanlevel_a-10.nw","wanlevel_a-11.nw",""
"","","","wanlevel_a-12.nw",""

I can't see an error :o

I'll edit the post if you respond with a solution; throttle :\

Edits
Moonie: There isn't a tileset being used. I am using " addtiledef2 " but that shouldn't interfere.

Darlene159
04-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Looks like a tileset error to me

WanDaMan
04-15-2005, 08:42 AM
This is how it looks in client map:

How come it isn't working on the bigmap? x_x

http://img99.echo.cx/img99/2086/map8eu.png

EDIT

Stefan: How can I prevent it?

Admins
04-15-2005, 11:26 AM
May be there are different versions of the same map ?

-Ramirez-
04-15-2005, 03:34 PM
If I remember correctly, the bigmap.png image that Graal generates ends up with a diagonal line of blackness that starts from the upper left corner of the map and goes down to the right. I had this happen when I was trying to do something on Classic a while back. I never found a way to fix it.

WanDaMan
04-15-2005, 06:09 PM
If I remember correctly, the bigmap.png image that Graal generates ends up with a diagonal line of blackness that starts from the upper left corner of the map and goes down to the right. I had this happen when I was trying to do something on Classic a while back. I never found a way to fix it.

Well, I've tried everything and I've also recieved some help from CheeToS (thanks) and that didn't help..

This has only happend on one of my maps, on the others they work fine. Stefan, got any suggestions? x_x

Admins
04-16-2005, 01:15 PM
Well, I've tried everything and I've also recieved some help from CheeToS (thanks) and that didn't help..

This has only happend on one of my maps, on the others they work fine. Stefan, got any suggestions? x_x

Like I said, please check if you have different versions of the same map filename in your Graal folder. The level files are in a separate folder or in a subfolder of the Graal folder?

WanDaMan
04-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Like I said, please check if you have different versions of the same map filename in your Graal folder. The level files are in a separate folder or in a subfolder of the Graal folder?

Thank you for getting in to more detail.

It isn't in my Graal folder, it's in a new one I made on desktop. I've also named the map something completely different to any other map I've made. All the levels are in the same place.

I've made new folders for everything I've worked on and this is the first time it's done this.

WanDaMan
04-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Don't make me keep spamming this topic ;)

Darlene159
04-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Hmm, I just tried to make a map offline, which made black squares diagonally from the top left all the way down to the bottom right of the world...I have tried several times.
But my levels dont look like yours, Wan, in the black areas...they are the correct levels, and they auto complete when I walk on them, but even if I walk through all the black squares, and let the map auto-fill, then try to make the map again it comes out the same.... :(

WanDaMan
04-18-2005, 07:52 PM
My map is suppose to have black levels around it. So it may be a bug? STEFAN! :D

WanDaMan
04-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Bling bling bump >_<

It's still not working. Well, come to think of it every .txt map does this. I've experimented on N-Pulse...

Darlene159
04-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Bling bling bump >_<

It's still not working. Well, come to think of it every .txt map does this. I've experimented on N-Pulse...Yes, my map online is the same as offline, with the black squares...I deleted all the maps, and the text, and let them re-download...helped until I restarted Graal, so it's not just you
x_x

WanDaMan
04-22-2005, 04:30 PM
So this must mean it's a bug?

WanDaMan
04-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Dead. *bump ^^ *

Rick
04-24-2005, 11:15 AM
I've noticed these errors occur when some levels in the map definition don't exist.

WanDaMan
04-25-2005, 03:28 PM
So, if I made the blank level an actual level it could prevent this? ;O!

Admins
04-25-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't think so, the unholy nation map was ok even if there were black spots.

Fry
04-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Yes, I also don't think it's because of that, I have never had any problems with that.
Maybe try making a clean Graal installation and see whether it works there. If it does, it's probably because either the gmap or the level exists twice.

WanDaMan
04-26-2005, 08:31 AM
Yes, I also don't think it's because of that, I have never had any problems with that.
Maybe try making a clean Graal installation and see whether it works there. If it does, it's probably because either the gmap or the level exists twice.

I'm not using a gmap.

Well, what is the difference from my map.txt to UNs? :o

WanDaMan
04-28-2005, 05:49 PM
Bump. This is getting aggrovating :cool:

I'm just going to revive untill I get an prevention ^^

Darlene159
05-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Bleh, I formatted my computer, and STILL can't make a map because of the diagonal squares!

xAndrewx
05-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Are you using a map or a gmap?
Gmaps work fine.

Darlene159
05-17-2005, 04:42 PM
Are you using a map or a gmap?
Gmaps work fine.map

Rick
05-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Have you tried using blank levels filled with black tiles?

Darlene159
05-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Have you tried using blank levels filled with black tiles?huh? I have no blank levels in the map...they are all filled, detailed, named levels, including the water levels...the black squares in my map are levels, but they are showing up like there are no levels there...
I have checked the txt file, and it appears to be correct also

<Edit> Actually, there are some blank levels on the right side x.x <Edit>

Rick
05-17-2005, 07:00 PM
huh? I have no blank levels in the map...they are all filled, detailed, named levels, including the water levels...the black squares in my map are levels, but they are showing up like there are no levels there...
I have checked the txt file, and it appears to be correct alsoOdd. I have had this issue on Era both with a map and gmap, both were caused by empty level declarations or non-existant level files. Only thing I can think of is what Stefan said, multiple copies or versions of the different files.

Darlene159
05-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Odd. I have had this issue on Era both with a map and gmap, both were caused by empty level declarations or non-existant level files. Only thing I can think of is what Stefan said, multiple copies or versions of the different files.hmm, ok I will check more closely, thanks

<Edit> Fixed it, the problem was there were links to levels that were removed
Thanks, Rick :D