PDA

View Full Version : addtiledef

jake13jake
04-11-2005, 12:02 AM
the addtiledef functions have been giving me a headache in the past 15 minutes.

1. addtiledef image,levelpre,1; would not load the tileset image on its own.
2. addtiledef2 image,levelpre,0,0; did load the tileset image, i used it accompanying the previous.
3. removetiledef levelpre; now my client has trouble loading pics1.png. It goes all level-editor with a bad tiledef file. I tried replacing the tiledef with pics1.png but that didn't help. When I restart Graal, it says that pics1.png is not in the graal folder after i hit "start" and crashes. So, then I reinstall Graal and it works again, but the problems recurr.

Any solutions or knowledge of what might be causing these problems?
#1 and #3 don't affect me offline, and #2 was a work-around.

This is on Classic. Thanks for the help.

jake13jake
04-14-2005, 02:12 AM
There seems to be a bug with going from a type 1 tileset back to a type 0, pics1.png tileset. This is -online-. When executed offline, it works. Online, however, pics1.png fails to load, and although it's in the Graal Folder, when I restart Graal I sometimes can't connect because it says that pics1.png is missing.

Admins
04-14-2005, 02:18 AM
Eventually remove FILENAMECACHE.txt or disable the caching of the folder structure in the Graal options.

jake13jake
04-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Eventually remove FILENAMECACHE.txt or disable the caching of the folder structure in the Graal options.
Stefan, what happened was that somebody had uploaded a phoney pics1.png onto the server. I wouldn't have known because I only have access to GC Levels and Classes but not to graphics at all.

I wanted to post this last night but my ISP was being mean to me.