PDA

View Full Version : Snipers?

zim5354
04-06-2005, 04:31 AM
I was thinking maybe there could be a sniper class for Iricia it would be cool there back up weapon could be some pistols knives can use hmm a fair ammount of grenades high speed but slow refire rate on the rifle when in sniper mode its like if "Z" is presses it goes foward a screen maybe a max of two screen zooms? if "X" is pressed it goes back to your orginal view then when you line up with your targer (A red dot could be placed so if you zoom far enough and your guy is off screen you know where to shoot) you press "D" to shoot your rifle. Well anyway what do you guys think?

Magadal
04-06-2005, 04:34 PM
there is already a sniper gfx and sniper ammo in the shops, but its not online....i think its very hard to script o.o
im waiting for a sniper rifle too

Crono
04-06-2005, 05:31 PM
i think its very hard to script o.o

Right, because we all know Stefan can't script :rolleyes:

[/sarcasm]

I dont think it's hard to script something like this for steffeh.

Gambet
04-06-2005, 10:05 PM
....i think its very hard to script o.o

Not for Stefan. The only reason why Zone isnt updated every day or every other day is because, well, since Stefan is the technical director of Graal, he has to worry about a lot of things besides Zone, so he scripts things for Zone when he has time.

zim5354
04-06-2005, 10:54 PM
Yah he does do a wonderful job keeping it updated though and its nice how players can make items and what not and have it uploaded.

Crono
04-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Yah he does do a wonderful job keeping it updated though and its nice how players can make items and what not and have it uploaded.

Well...that IS the driving force of graal ;p

Admins
04-07-2005, 10:47 PM
The sniper has not been added yet because it requires some scripting to make it balanced. I am not a big fan of very powerful weapons so I have not finished it yet. It is planned to be more a weapon for attacking - when you switch to zoom mode you can move the aim, but not very fast so you cannot follow fast players with it. Also equipping /unequipping the weapon will take some time.
PS: right now I am trying to finish the deathmatch zone.

p2p_Sir_Link
04-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Will shot locations be and affect? Like, I expect that I shoot someone in the head that they'd flop instantly.

zim5354
04-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Well I dont see how you could score head shots in a 2d server unless its point and click.

smurfmidgetninja
04-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Read Stefan's post when you zoom in you will point and click...like the Ice Launcher thing I assume....on the servers ive seen sniper rifles it has been point and click.

Akoalin
04-08-2005, 01:01 AM
Wasn't there a sniper before? Someone told me it was too strong because all you did was click on them and they were dead x.x

p2p_Sir_Link
04-08-2005, 01:17 AM
It'd be ridicoulous to have a birds eye view while sniping. A good idea for the scope, is that the further they are away, the less large the players appear in the scope, so you don't just use some setfocus crap and be done with it.

axman36
04-10-2005, 09:29 AM
If they add sniping, can they make Binoculars useful then?

Kaimetsu
04-10-2005, 10:00 AM
It'd be ridicoulous to have a birds eye view while sniping. A good idea for the scope, is that the further they are away, the less large the players appear in the scope

Wha? You are advocating a first-person viewpoint?