PDA

View Full Version : Element

Slash-P2P
04-03-2005, 12:49 AM
The new management of Element isn't too great and nobody is doing anything. A lot of people said they enjoyed Element and I myself did. I want some people to help with Element.

I am looking for developers (graphics, ganis, levels, scripters) with decent skills.

Post here if you are interested in a job. I won't hire anyone without samples of original work that is not on any other server or planned to be on any other server.

eds1003
04-03-2005, 12:53 AM
what about dev server I CANT ACESS IT STILL!

eds1003
04-03-2005, 12:56 AM
ps the old server is gone

Xcessive54321
04-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Can i tryout for LAT i hope you like my levels. so how do i tryout

Slash-P2P
04-05-2005, 10:11 PM
I know the dev server is gone. I didn't feel like paying for the gserver again (its up to MD) and we use bravo's gserver for Element since it isn't part of the gserver billing.

Only hired staff are given access because I have already seen implementations of my creations on other servers. I caught a server using the same server message HTML (coloring, headers, etc..) which was pretty sad. Currently, some Aeon RCs are using a recolored version of the RC Head (still sad) and when I logged on and asked around, none of the staff would respond. Nobody talked to me about this and with MD's absence, I doubt anyone asked him.

Attach your works in an email and send them to elementpw at gmail dot com.
Any email containing a file type that isn't used in the development will be deleted (only send .nw, .gif, .png, .mng, etc..).
I've had people try to send me viruses before so no .zip files either. Sorry.

Please include in the email in addition to the files:
Your graal nickname
Your graal account name
Previous staff jobs.

Xcessive54321
04-06-2005, 02:28 PM
ok o.O

Kaimetsu
04-09-2005, 04:45 AM
I've had people try to send me viruses before so no .zip files either. Sorry

wtf, dude. Zips aren't dangerous.

Slash-P2P
04-09-2005, 04:47 AM
wtf, dude. Zips aren't dangerous.

Back in the days of Bravo, and when I thought Norton AntiVirus was useful, someone sent me a .zip file containing "heads". Norton caught a trojan when I went to open the zip file. Ever since I've never trusted people sending me zips.

Kaimetsu
04-09-2005, 04:51 AM
Back in the days of Bravo, and when I thought Norton AntiVirus was useful, someone sent me a .zip file containing "heads". Norton caught a trojan when I went to open the zip file

Then presumably the files inside the zip were infected. Simply opening it would not involve any danger! Zip is simply a container medium, it is not executed and (unless you prompt it) neither are its contents.

Slash-P2P
04-09-2005, 04:53 AM
Then presumably the files inside the zip were infected. Simply opening it would not involve any danger! Zip is simply a container medium, it is not executed and (unless you prompt it) neither are its contents.

I've had a corrupted .zip file turn out to be a virus before. I never even opened the file.

Kaimetsu
04-09-2005, 04:55 AM
I've had a corrupted .zip file turn out to be a virus before

No you haven't. Not unless it was something like virus.zip.exe.

Slash-P2P
04-09-2005, 05:08 AM
No you haven't. Not unless it was something like virus.zip.exe.

I remember seeing "The archive is invalid or corrupt" so it wasn't a .zip.exe

Kaimetsu
04-09-2005, 05:17 AM
I remember seeing "The archive is invalid or corrupt" so it wasn't a .zip.exe

Then, I dunno, some idiot thought he could rename an exe as a zip without removing its potency.

Here is the thing, again: Zips are not executed! Nor do they automatically execute their contents! It is conceivable that a file could exploit buffer overflow exploits in specific clients, but that possibility exists whenever you open almost any file - be it PNG, ZIP, NW, etc. Unless you're using an exceedingly stupid, unpatched client, you don't have anything to worry about.

Slash-P2P
04-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Then, I dunno, some idiot thought he could rename an exe as a zip without removing its potency.

Here is the thing, again: Zips are not executed! Nor do they automatically execute their contents! It is conceivable that a file could exploit buffer overflow exploits in specific clients, but that possibility exists whenever you open almost any file - be it PNG, ZIP, NW, etc. Unless you're using an exceedingly stupid, unpatched client, you don't have anything to worry about.

I don't know what I did. It was like a few years ago.

Lets keep this thread on topic.

Crono
04-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Slasher I would help you but I quickly lose interest in projects and just go inactive :( right etd?

Slash-P2P
04-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Please no more posts regarding antivirus, firewall, spyware, etc or something stupid like pointing out how I want to get the topic back on track.

Please post whether or not you would like to help out with Element. I will be guiding the project until my account expires. Once my account runs out, the project will be in the hands of someone else and I will become a player. I won't be doing a huge amount of developing in my final days, but I will help a little.

I am looking for some people with skill and have been around Graal for a while. Nobody who joined the forums this year. (I've been a forums user since Dec 2001 with my old account: bigkow44 (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/member.php?userid=1265)). If you wish to send me examples of your work, e-mail them to the element email (elementpw at gmail dot com). Please don't send generic crap such as your head and shield, custom house, or a script like "touch me for beer". I don't want to brag about my scripting skills (and I'm definately not saying I'm a god or anything) but if I can look at it and know the code behind it, I don't wanna see it.

zokemon
04-12-2005, 11:02 PM
*sigh*
I don't know anymore...

MysticalDragon
04-13-2005, 02:39 AM
*sigh*
I don't know anymore...

C'mon Zero dont tell me you your loseing hope, you always had faith!

Yes I'am back and hopefully for good.
I got in a bit of trouble and ended up waisting 38 days of my life,But thats behind me and I'am looking foward to continueing element.Slash has done so much work, i would never turn down this great opportunity.We need Help and it will be great if people would apply and lend us a hand to add a great server to this server list full of dull and boring waiste of talent.Don't get me wrong some are alright but thats a very few while other lack the potential to even be up.Alot is done with element already and where not really seeking NAT's our main concern in hiring is LATs and GATs.Please Post if your interested in one of these positions so we can contact you and explain to you how you can obtain one of these titles.

Sincerely,
MysticalDragon
(It's Good To be back)

Eagle
04-13-2005, 03:03 AM
Welcome back MD. :)

Xcessive54321
04-13-2005, 03:06 AM
Y0 Md :d

StanislavHunter
04-13-2005, 05:56 AM
Question for Slash: What kind of theme is Element? Medieval, Modern, etc..?

Slash-P2P
04-13-2005, 09:46 AM
Question for Slash: What kind of theme is Element? Medieval, Modern, etc..?

Medieval.

thrashsoul
04-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Sounds like a nice project

Skyld
04-26-2005, 07:11 PM
I think Element has a lot of potential, I hope it works out for you guys.

Hiro
04-27-2005, 04:37 AM
All Element really needs is to finish up the main stuff, get some stuff up, lets us actually go on the server, and your set.

zokemon
04-29-2005, 08:43 PM
I wish you all luck.

Maybe I will sign on and help sometime...

Thrashsoul3
05-01-2005, 04:20 PM
I'd help with GFX but I don't think I'm good enough for your server.

Matt
05-01-2005, 09:15 PM
I'd help with GFX but I don't think I'm good enough for your server.

You'll never know unless you tryout.