PDA

View Full Version : New Bug Monster

Liquid_dragon
04-01-2005, 10:06 PM
I tryed my best. But all the creativity is kind of sucked out of me from making it in the first place. But I made the face better, smaller eyes, and it now actually has 4 eyes! ^^

falco10291029
04-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Very nice.

Liquid_dragon
04-01-2005, 10:08 PM
AH CRAP! I posted this in the wrong section. Sorry :(

Admins
04-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Moved it to the gfx submissions subforum. The eyes look better now. A different color for the eyes might be good, but it also looks good like it is. Would be good to check it in-game

Liquid_dragon
04-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Awesome! So are you going to put it in the game? :O

I could probably make the planet gfx. But I have no idea how to make tiles. I would make some tiles if you told me how though :)
And this is just a question. Am I good enough to be staff? Because back when I used to play maloria, everyone hated my gfx. (I wasn't staff there though.)

smurfmidgetninja
04-02-2005, 02:31 AM
Thats pretty cool but you know what would be better? If we took something that looked like a Half-Life 2 Antlion or a Starship Troopers bug...those things are kick ass but this will do if its all we can get...maybe they could make more than one type...they should like be in the SP campaign or maybe even a new playable race that uses Melee or like some kind of gas blast from its mouth....or other end (omg like in tremors 3... Assblasters :) )

Liquid_dragon
04-02-2005, 02:52 AM
Hmmm. Out of all of those I have only seen tremors. I should watch the other ones. I will make more bug things and whatnot though. I will try my best.

Akoalin
04-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Because back when I used to play maloria, everyone hated my gfx. (I wasn't staff there though.)

they uploaded my GFX, gave me one of the weapons, and the next day I see 50 edits of my weapons
x_x

Admins
04-02-2005, 06:37 PM
We need a desert tileset for this mission, should be quite realistic

Liquid_dragon
04-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Alrighty then I will try.
Wait, do I have to make a completely new tileset or can I edit some?

csod123
04-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Thats pretty cool but you know what would be better? If we took something that looked like a Half-Life 2 Antlion or a Starship Troopers bug...those things are kick ass but this will do if its all we can get...maybe they could make more than one type...they should like be in the SP campaign or maybe even a new playable race that uses Melee or like some kind of gas blast from its mouth....or other end (omg like in tremors 3... Assblasters :) )

how about something a little original. i like it.i shall enjoy killing it :D

Liquid_dragon
04-03-2005, 03:03 AM
Im going to make a gun. I feel like making one right now. So expect it to be posted in maybe an hour. Wait! Im going to make some melee. To be put in the class "commando" Because you need to be fast to actually hit people. :rolleyes:

smurfmidgetninja
04-05-2005, 03:27 AM
We need a desert tileset for this mission, should be quite realistic

Hmm ill go find some sand and take a picture with my digital camera and start making a tileset when im done ill post it. (where am I going to find sand in Iowa? I don't know)

Gambet
04-05-2005, 03:35 AM
Hmm ill go find some sand and take a picture with my digital camera and start making a tileset when im done ill post it. (where am I going to find sand in Iowa? I don't know)

http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi&q=

smurfmidgetninja
04-05-2005, 03:39 AM
http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi&q=

Im sure if Graal just took images from google they would run into copywrite issues.....it has to be all original...

Gambet
04-05-2005, 03:51 AM
Im sure if Graal just took images from google they would run into copywrite issues.....it has to be all original...

Well didnt you want to see a picture of sand? Then search google.

Liquid_dragon
04-06-2005, 04:49 AM
Here is a new bug I made too! :)
Well its like a small version of the other bug. ;)

Evil_Trunks
04-06-2005, 11:32 PM
I seriously hope you're kidding because that's the dumbest idea I've ever heard for making a tileset

smurfmidgetninja
04-07-2005, 11:10 PM
I seriously hope you're kidding because that's the dumbest idea I've ever heard for making a tileset

Why? Some things on Graal Kingdoms are realistic like that...I don't think they were actually just pictures but very good graphics that look like pictures...alot of Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Quake, et cetera textures are just pictures taken with a digital camera....its how you make **** look good...you use real things.

Evil_Trunks
04-08-2005, 05:20 AM
Why? Some things on Graal Kingdoms are realistic like that...I don't think they were actually just pictures but very good graphics that look like pictures...alot of Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Quake, et cetera textures are just pictures taken with a digital camera....its how you make **** look good...you use real things.
it wouldn't look good at all

it makes no sense to take a real picture with a camera and make a tileset with it

Admins
04-09-2005, 11:30 AM
For textures it is sometimes good to take real pictures, for tiles it is not working the same way. It can still be good to have a real picture though to get ideas for drawing the tiles and making them realistic, since it is not easy to do graphics without any idea of how it could look like.