PDA

View Full Version : Zone Stats Recorder

fexii
03-25-2005, 05:29 AM
All right well I always thought this would come in handy and I finally found the time to make something this extensive. I've hosted it on http://zonestats.cjb.net , it's a zone stats recorder. It's very simple to use, you just create your own name and update your kills / deaths periodically. It will keep track of your scores and display your ratios, as well as generate a graph of your kill/death ratio over time, so you can see your improvement. The graph is flexible so the image can change sizes and be used on any other site, even in a signature on this forum. There's also a read-only mode for your username, for if you want to show somebody else your stats.

Right now it's simple and still in beta, but if it grows big enough I may start adding more features like top-10 list. Also, please report any bugs you find while you are using it. Have fun ^^

Kaimetsu
03-25-2005, 05:35 AM
Is there anything to stop me claiming a 242128:0 ratio?

fexii
03-25-2005, 05:40 AM
Well technically that's not a ratio since division by 0 is infinity =p But no, there's nothing to stop you from putting absurd ratios. What's the point though? There's no top-10 list just yet, everything is just for personal statistics.

Kaimetsu
03-25-2005, 05:46 AM
Well technically that's not a ratio since division by 0 is infinity

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ratio

no, there's nothing to stop you from putting absurd ratios. What's the point though? There's no top-10 list just yet

Bolded for significance.

I think it would be cool if this kind of information could be requested from the relevant Graal server. As is, it's probably too much work for most people.

xManiamaNx
03-25-2005, 06:03 AM
I think it would be cool if this kind of information could be requested from the relevant Graal server. As is, it's probably too much work for most people.

Stefan has mentioned adding this before. I don't think he has ever done it yet though.

fexii
03-25-2005, 06:08 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ratio

Bolded for significance.

Yea I know... but for people interested in their ratio it might be worth the time. I wish it could be requested from the server and I would've done it that way if possible :frown:

And as to the definition of ratio, my scripts concern the mathematical definition which is
The relation between two quantities expressed as the quotient of one divided by the other
according to your site, so it still holds true that you can't divide by 0. >_<

Kaimetsu
03-25-2005, 06:11 AM
I wish it could be requested from the server and I would've done it that way if possible :frown:

Well, maybe it will encourage Stefan to add such a feature :)

And as to the definition of ratio, my scripts concern the mathematical definition

I don't particularly care. I used the word to refer to a coupling of variables, meant to compare or contrast. There is nothing wrong with what I wrote.

fexii
03-25-2005, 06:13 AM
Well, maybe it will encourage Stefan to add such a feature :)
That'd be great ^^ Grabbing variables from graal would be pretty heavenly for a PHP scripter

I don't particularly care. I used the word to refer to a coupling of variables, meant to compare or contrast. There is nothing wrong with what I wrote.
Yea I know what you meant, I was just making the point since it did actually come up as an issue in my scripts

fexii
03-26-2005, 07:19 AM
Improvements
I made some changes to the graphing system, including changes in the calculations as well as the display of the graph.

I found out that some people were being driven away because they thought I was stealing passwords, so now a new password-free option is available to anybody that wants to sign up.

You can now view a list of all the users so you can find out how others are doing compared to you. Also you can link to users directly by adding ?user= to the end of a URL. http://zonestats.cjb.net?user=fexii

Credits go to Zelph for the password and user list ideas

Zero Hour
03-26-2005, 08:07 AM
I believe it would be Magical Tuxx doing the adding of information, but it's probably possible to do it now. Please contact me regarding the "Signature" thread in GRT forums, Fexii.

Kaimetsu
03-26-2005, 08:08 AM
I believe it would be Magical Tuxx doing the adding of information, but it's probably possible to do it now

Well, it would require integration with the GServer, so I think Stefan would be quite heavily involved.

Zero Hour
03-26-2005, 08:11 AM
Well, it would require integration with the GServer, so I think Stefan would be quite heavily involved.
Details, details.