PDA

View Full Version : The time has come...

Kefkin
03-24-2005, 03:18 AM
This day will enter into the annals of history. It is this day that I, Dictator of the Zormite Republic, declare war upon the Dustari. Tho once longtime friends and allies, they now are lead by an inneffectual leader who on too many occasions has spit in the face of the grand history held between our two nations. We will stand for this outrage no longer. Dustari, you will feel the wrath of the Zormite nation upon your shoulders. Surrender now, or face the consequences.

~Dictator Graynt Alexander Archigos

((Please keep personal insults out of this thread.))

OasaTor_PK
03-24-2005, 03:32 AM
((This is kind of off topic, but will this be fought as an RP, or a PK war? If its a PK war, ZR has the lead upon it, what do you guys the way this will be fought out as?))

Zurkiba
03-24-2005, 03:51 AM
(yeah, I'll keep this to IC too I guess
*METAGAME*
Oh sorry...

And you cant do PK wars, the only way to do wars now are naval battles and RP battles. Not to mention you wouldn't be able to actually invade us seeing how our RP navy would descimate you)

You forget that Dustari has conquered the Zormites twice already.

Gambet
03-24-2005, 03:55 AM
*METAGAME*
Oh sorry...

And you cant do PK wars, the only way to do wars now are naval battles and RP battles. Not to mention you wouldn't be able to actually invade us seeing how our RP navy would descimate you)

Oh I have a feeling that ZR will win this time around.

MasterNuke
03-24-2005, 05:43 AM
You have proved my point. You have declared a war through metagaming. May Zormite's RP reputation be tarnished forever. I will not recognize this as a legitimate war, but an organized PK fest.

Googi
03-24-2005, 05:54 AM
You have proved my point. You have declared a war through metagaming. May Zormite's RP reputation be tarnished forever. I will not recognize this as a legitimate war, but an organized PK fest.

If it was good enough for 2K1 it's better than good enough for 2K2.

busyrobot
03-24-2005, 06:48 AM
*METAGAME*
Oh sorry...

Maybe they are hiding Arpeee sharky zormites like the ones nappa wanted?

On a more serious note, how many people were at the Dustari castle when the Astri attacked? Dustari's King Larrien had no rp intention of loosing that battle to you, he did because he was lvl 5 and didn't have as many players on with as good equipment as yours.

He did RP the fall of Dustari to your hands, dispite the 'pk fest' and all. I am not supporting that PK fests should determine the outcomes of RP conflicts, I am just saying you are a hypocrite if you wrap yourself in both ends of the topic when it suits you.

As for any war, I'll stay in the woods at my cabin and tend to my fishing.

I will say, though, since Dustari allowed the infamous enemy of all things Zormite again into her circle of nobles, you can understand why the Zormites would be ticked off.

I won't repeat myself as I think I put it effectively enough here
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1057683#post1057683

Googi
03-24-2005, 06:57 AM
What the hell? Just having some fun occupying someone elses castle for a few minutes, and taking a screenshot and stuff for fun and to show off is all good, but it shouldn't be something that has any sort of lasting effect. That sort of thing is what killed RPing on 2K1.

XGoLink
03-24-2005, 11:57 AM
DAMN, war and im banned... Grr, I hate Zero Hour

DrkXFactr
03-24-2005, 12:08 PM
What the hell? Just having some fun occupying someone elses castle for a few minutes, and taking a screenshot and stuff for fun and to show off is all good, but it shouldn't be something that has any sort of lasting effect. That sort of thing is what killed RPing on 2K1.
That's great. You forgot to add "imo"

Splke
03-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Haha, wait. I retract that. Drk quit Dusty. Ahaha. Ed > you all still! xD

Oh, and btw. Those of you who don't know what metagaming is, it's an RP term meaning using OOC knowledge IC, eg (apparently) this war's happenning is caused by an OOC event, which angered the dude, so his OOC emotions entered IC.

Psh, sucky ass RPing if you ask me. :D

Gambet
03-24-2005, 05:07 PM
DAMN, war and im banned... Grr, I hate Zero Hour

This war doesnt concern you, you were in Forest, so you wouldnt have been part of it anyways.

Chris
03-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Haha, wait. I retract that. Drk quit Dusty. Ahaha. Ed > you all still! xD

Oh, and btw. Those of you who don't know what metagaming is, it's an RP term meaning using OOC knowledge IC, eg (apparently) this war's happenning is caused by an OOC event, which angered the dude, so his OOC emotions entered IC.

Psh, sucky ass RPing if you ask me. :D

At least it's a kind of RP. If you ask me, GK has been boring and with these turn of events it should make it a little more interesting.

busyrobot
03-24-2005, 10:07 PM

Actually it was because Zurkiba has IC and OOC been a long standing enemy of Zormite. As far back as I can remember, I was probably a cavalier I think, Zurk came back to Dustari for a few days, and just sat around in Tseng's throne talking about how he almost took over the world and how he almost crushed zormite and would have if samurai hadn't betrayed him or whatever. He was not using oocs, but he was talking about his exploits as a different character.

What do you call the opposite of metagaming, btw? Where for example, someone make some trecherous plans known out of character and make it impossible for the other players to decide if they can trust him or not ic? In that case the person may very well have decided not to trust the traitor but can't anymore without being accused of metagaming.
I am not saying anyone is doing this, I am just curious what that is called.

Zurkiba
03-25-2005, 03:12 AM
(These are for Padren by the way)

And if a child says that a bat is a bird... then later he learns that a bat is a mammal, I guess he MUST be a hypocrite.

I've recieved better training and experience. It's a bit of evolution I suppose. The ability to learn and use your lessons.

I dont remember much from previous RPs, I'll grant you that. You might be right there, I dont know

busyrobot
03-25-2005, 03:38 AM

And if a child says that a bat is a bird... then later he learns that a bat is a mammal, I guess he MUST be a hypocrite.

I've recieved better training and experience. It's a bit of evolution I suppose. The ability to learn and use your lessons.

I dont remember much from previous RPs, I'll grant you that. You might be right there, I dont know

No, its fine for you to have been wrong, thanks for clearing that up. Of course, if you later decide that game mechanics are the way to settle wars then it will be obvious you are picking and choosing based on convinence.

I am curious though, how you would suggest wars be settled, if not by game mechanics than, what? GK is in a bit of a vacuum when it comes to how to handle wars.

foxyrain
03-25-2005, 03:53 AM

My gosh Zurk...did you just learn that or what?

Zoe Sagesun

Akoalin
03-25-2005, 04:53 AM
It's wars like these that make Kingdoms interesting.

zell12
03-25-2005, 04:59 AM
Can we wait until Saturaday to do this war? It would be a perfect reason for Dallion to come back. ^_^

Discharge
03-25-2005, 09:42 AM
This war is really about a determine man who just entered the leadership of Zormite and wants to conquer Dustari. A true ally would have discussed their concern peacefully before making any abrupt attacks.

The Paladins spoke to the Dictator and we agreed to meet on a small Island for peace talks, while we were discussing the concerns of Zormite, the Dictator orders his men to steal our boats and leave us stranded. Ironically, the kingdom of Zormite has transformed itself into an Astri type of kingdom. The very same kingdom that they despise and because Zurkiba once led that kingdom, they feel his intentions will always be to conquer. The whole Sagesun family is against Zurkiba, however let me remind you Sagesuns, your actions from the past to dethrone King Tseng was wrong. You conquered the throne of King Tseng. King Kamuii had his periods of inactivity but we never dethroned him. The ruling Sagesun monarchy had their inactivity periods also but they were not dethroned. I sense evil and greed.

XGoLink
03-25-2005, 03:59 PM
This war doesnt concern you, you were in Forest, so you wouldnt have been part of it anyways.
I can still fight if I ask permission from Gryffon and Ed..

busyrobot
03-25-2005, 07:35 PM
...your actions from the past to dethrone King Tseng was wrong. You conquered the throne of King Tseng. King Kamuii had his periods of inactivity but we never dethroned him. The ruling Sagesun monarchy had their inactivity periods also but they were not dethroned. I sense evil and greed.

There is no way to dethrone another king as the result of an RP war unless its part of a storyline the 'vanquished' wants to play out, so other than the principle of the matter there isn't anything that can be gained.

I personally wouldn't go to war over Zurk, he will never change but people will never trust him enough nor will he ever find the time to be an actual threat.

What bothers me though Antonio , is that I have always trusted you and considered you a friend, and yet so it appears you have always considered me evil and greedy because of the debacle with lance? I worked exceptionally hard to work things out with lance for well over six months, in which time he made specific promises to become active or step down. I stopped more than one attempt to dethrone him and took a lot of anger from good Dustarians because I defended him so long. But whatever you think of all that happened, that doesn't bother me as does the time of 'false friendship' throughout the times we have worked together. I may never have been a Paladin, but I have always spoke what I felt was true when it mattered, and never spoke false kindness to someone I felt was greedy or evil.

I don't like the idea of Dustari and Zormite going to war at all, or that either nation is so quick to the blade on the other. Whatever the will of the two nations' be, so be it. I'll be tending to my cabin and firewood, but I won't be sharpening any blades.

GryffonDurime
03-26-2005, 05:52 PM
There is no way to dethrone another king as the result of an RP war unless its part of a storyline the 'vanquished' wants to play out, so other than the principle of the matter there isn't anything that can be gained.

I personally wouldn't go to war over Zurk, he will never change but people will never trust him enough nor will he ever find the time to be an actual threat.

What bothers me though Antonio , is that I have always trusted you and considered you a friend, and yet so it appears you have always considered me evil and greedy because of the debacle with lance? I worked exceptionally hard to work things out with lance for well over six months, in which time he made specific promises to become active or step down. I stopped more than one attempt to dethrone him and took a lot of anger from good Dustarians because I defended him so long. But whatever you think of all that happened, that doesn't bother me as does the time of 'false friendship' throughout the times we have worked together. I may never have been a Paladin, but I have always spoke what I felt was true when it mattered, and never spoke false kindness to someone I felt was greedy or evil.

I don't like the idea of Dustari and Zormite going to war at all, or that either nation is so quick to the blade on the other. Whatever the will of the two nations' be, so be it. I'll be tending to my cabin and firewood, but I won't be sharpening any blades.

I beleive Antonio was refering to the OTHER Sagesun. You know, the one who actually was a malevolent, meta-gaming, bias queen forged in the mold of inactivity that she gained the throne for vanquishing.

You know, that one.

Discharge
03-28-2005, 04:34 AM
I beleive Antonio was refering to the OTHER Sagesun. You know, the one who actually was a malevolent, meta-gaming, bias queen forged in the mold of inactivity that she gained the throne for vanquishing.

You know, that one.

Yes. Busyrobot, your not evil.

csod123
03-31-2005, 02:39 AM
if Zormite and Dustari fight, i will be the first on Dustari's beaches, annoucing Victory for Zormite, i am a soldier and i will do my duty to what ever end. i have lost many friends in Zormite and will not let thier deaths be in vain. if any stand in my way of victory, they shall meet my axe. i know Antonio, that you fell greed and evil in our leadership but you understand loyalty, and that is all i can give to Zormite.

maximus_asinus
03-31-2005, 03:50 AM
I am glad I hate RPing. I think it is too restrictive when it comes to things like war.

busyrobot
03-31-2005, 09:54 AM

You know, that one.

Check your history - you were against Tseng yourself - and if you or Antonio condemn Zoe's part in the confrontation you are a hypocrite not to condemn me as well.

If you insist to forget the work she did do for Dustari let me at least remind you that we stepped down rather see continued in-activity from Dustari's leaders. Larrien was the last leader in Dustari's history to step down of his own free choice. MarkB...was removed by Lance and Kamuii with Stefan's help....Kamuii passed the throne to Lance after he was forced to resign in the face of a near 100% no confidence (understandable, Kamuii didn't have Gold), and Lance was removed forcibly by myself and Zoe when Dustarians like you and the vast majority was tired of his latest period of 6 months of inactivity.

When Zoe and I could not be active, we stepped down and Ana was crowned, and when she resigned Zoe came back to help, and after a short time talked me into returning too because she could not be active enough on her own. Then after tying to be active and not succeeding well enough, we stepped down a second time without a single member calling for us to. She even was the one who came to me and suggested we step down this last time because neither of us could be active enough to do the jobs justice.

Who the heck takes a twisted convoluted route to power and greed by resigning when they already have it?

The fact of the matter is you are the one perpetrating an attack on her in malevolence and with bias are looking for ways to twist her actions to suit your own opinion of her. There was a time when she stood up for you when others would speak ill - though definately long past.

I am not asking you to get along with her but really - if you are going to slander her try not to use something with such twisted irony as greedy power grabbing - she stepped down because she did not want to see Dustari without active leadership and of her own free will.

Nappa
03-31-2005, 10:27 PM
If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends.. lovers last forever but friendship never ends.. ahhh.. or something like that.

XGoLink
03-31-2005, 10:57 PM
AH A HA HA GIRL POWER

GoZelda
03-31-2005, 11:52 PM
Zoe Sagesun
He has managed to use the signature, so I'd stop criticizing.

Nappa
04-01-2005, 10:43 PM
AH A HA HA GIRL POWER

We are awesome.

Splke
04-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Hey look, 13 days later I post.

~

Has this whole thing taken place? Or is it just a PK War..

XGoLink
04-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Well uhm, Dustari: 22members Graynt: on once a month and wont leave his post..
Zoe: In ZR.. Its all pretty dead and confusing :( I dont think they even had the war.. I was banned though

csod123
04-19-2005, 02:14 PM
can't say if it happened or not either, last four weeks i haven't done anything with graal. mostly cause i got Yuri's Revenge working, but i didn't see much hope for Zormite, Dustari is twice as active as we are.

Debaglio
06-13-2005, 03:34 PM
lol.

Crono
06-13-2005, 03:54 PM
lol.

Wow nice spam to a dead thread which is months old.