PDA

View Full Version : Deserters

Raziel
03-23-2005, 12:02 AM
Let me be blunt. Leaving the kingdom because something doesn't go your way is stupid, and leaving because there is a matter to be worked out is cowardly. All of you who left, yes all of you, Zoe, Drk, etc.--shame on you.

Zoe, you gave the kingdom to Ed because you thought he was the right choice, and now you leave the kingdom? How about you step up and try to fix something instead of leaving?

If you were loyal to Dustari, you'd leave too

That really makes no sense at all. You're loyal to your kingdom by sticking with it and helping make it better, not by leaving it to wither and die.

And also, wtf is this about us being enemies now? That's just ridiculous. What happened to turn us against each other?

maximus_asinus
03-23-2005, 12:14 AM
This thread was made to bash people for leaving?

I have no comment on GK, and GK related activities because I don't play it.

Raziel
03-23-2005, 12:16 AM

Ok... I don't quite get why you posted that xD

Discharge
03-23-2005, 12:22 AM

This thread was meant for people Dustarians to express their opinions on the matter of deserters. There is no direct bashing; only examples of some former members who fall under the category of deserters according to Raziel.

I just read it again and I guess there is kind of some specific bashing.

Discharge's Opinion: Shame on deserters!

Amagius
03-23-2005, 12:52 AM
Yeah, this is pathetic. Though I cannot speak, as I loathe GK one two levels, leaving Dustari for such reasons deserves a whooping. A ass-tickling whooping.

MasterNuke
03-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Drk leaving was alright because he gave me a straight solid reason and the time he left doesn't leave much to wonder about. But, Zoe's case still remains questionable.

Raziel
03-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Drk leaving was alright because he gave me a straight solid reason and the time he left doesn't leave much to wonder about. But, Zoe's case still remains questionable.

Zoe says:
it is because i disagree with new procedures

:rolleyes:

Zurkiba
03-24-2005, 01:20 AM
The reason that such people are leaving is because I was added into the kingdom.

I've tried to ask people such as Drk why they left. I got something along the lines of
"Because Zoe taught me all about you".

I've never met these people, yet they are so quick to judge me. I ask what Zoe taught them. They wont tell me.

A man believes only what he wants to.

foxyrain
03-24-2005, 03:38 AM
I would really like to ask - What difference does it make what Zoe does? You guys are always onto what Zoe did or said or is about - why bother? Is Zoe so important that you spend countless hours going on and on and on about her? Enjoy the game and leave Zoe to Zoe.

Gambet
03-24-2005, 03:50 AM
I would really like to ask - What difference does it make what Zoe does? You guys are always onto what Zoe did or said or is about - why bother? Is Zoe so important that you spend countless hours going on and on and on about her? Enjoy the game and leave Zoe to Zoe.

Gotta love the way Zoe talks about herself in third person ;).

Anyways, since when do you need a reason to leave a kingdom? If you did, then you would be forced to write a reason when using the /kingdom leave command.

Zurkiba
03-24-2005, 04:12 AM
Gotta love the way Zoe talks about herself in third person ;).

Anyways, since when do you need a reason to leave a kingdom? If you did, then you would be forced to write a reason when using the /kingdom leave command.
Because if you dont have a reason then you're not roleplaying then are you?

Gambet
03-24-2005, 04:19 AM
Because if you dont have a reason then you're not roleplaying then are you?

Wrong.

If you dont have a good reason then either:

A) You have lost interest in the kingdom.

or

B) You just wanted to leave.

It has nothing to do with RPing or how good you can RP.

Zurkiba
03-24-2005, 04:23 AM
Wrong.

If you dont have a good reason then either:

A) You have lost interest in the kingdom.

or

B) You just wanted to leave.

It has nothing to do with RPing or how good you can RP.
Wow, what is roleplaying?
You take on the role of a character and you play with that.

It's an amazing concept actually, it involves doing what your character would do... not what you want to do.

Why would a GENERAL or FORMER QUEEN of Dustari just leave? Out of the blue? Because they lost interest in the kingdom? Bad roleplaying I say!

busyrobot
03-24-2005, 05:14 AM
I left Dustari once when I was Prince, it was roleplayed, and over the threats Lance made towards Zormite. We worked it out and our reconciliation was also well in rp context.

Now, I wouldn't move a muscle over Zurkiba, let alone move a house. I have my plot of land, in the middle of nowhere with good fishing and hunting, and I am happy to retire there. I am getting too old for it all and I get good sunlight as it is, and I can cast a fishing line from my porch. However, lets not forget for a second, that Zurkiba is the person who when on many occasions was offered a position in Dustari said that "To be in a kingdom that was allied with Zormite made him want to physically throw up in real life".

Everything I have seen Zurkiba do, has been related to talking about his Glory Days when he almost took over Zormite, how Zormite is illegitiment and should not be allowed to exist as it is, and otherwise voice his contempt for the longstanding ally of Dustari.

The irony, is that most of his issues with Zormite, are based on ooc points of contention he has with their RP history, but can't seem to seperate ic and ooc feelings on the matter.

Without a public appology at the very least, letting Zurk in as a Noble of all things into Dustari would be like Canada welcoming a top ranking militaristic expansionist Soviet Stalinist who regularily called for the destruction of the US, into a high position of the Canadian Government during the Cold War, and then complaining if it bothered politicians within the US.
I can't blame anyone, let alone Zoe, for not wanting anything to do with this guy. Personally, I consider Zurk little more than a big talker who does little, and when things don't go his way he'll end up blaming Ed and trying to take over...again...and be exiled from Dustari...again. Then he'll tell us all how all of GK is hopeless and not worthy of his attentions...again...and get another 30 minutes of work done on Graal3D 2178 or whatever is grand enough to hold his attention next, until the next time he needs an ego boost and comes around to 'save Dustari' and get the neglected land he 'owns' back from whatever actual active noble in present ownership over them.

DrkXFactr
03-25-2005, 02:04 AM
Let me be blunt. Leaving the kingdom because something doesn't go your way is stupid, and leaving because there is a matter to be worked out is cowardly. All of you who left, yes all of you, Zoe, Drk, etc.--shame on you.

Zoe, you gave the kingdom to Ed because you thought he was the right choice, and now you leave the kingdom? How about you step up and try to fix something instead of leaving?

That really makes no sense at all. You're loyal to your kingdom by sticking with it and helping make it better, not by leaving it to wither and die.

And also, wtf is this about us being enemies now? That's just ridiculous. What happened to turn us against each other?

Hah, hah, hah.. Raziel, I soon corrected myself and said the OLD Dustari. Not the new Dustari, choosing the path with Zurkiba in it.

I However, lets not forget for a second, that Zurkiba is the person who when on many occasions was offered a position in Dustari said that "To be in a kingdom that was allied with Zormite made him want to physically throw up in real life".

Heh. Even more wonderful information about the wonderful Zurkiba.

Zurkiba
03-25-2005, 03:05 AM
Now, I wouldn't move a muscle over Zurkiba, let alone move a house. I have my plot of land, in the middle of nowhere with good fishing and hunting, and I am happy to retire there. I am getting too old for it all and I get good sunlight as it is, and I can cast a fishing line from my porch. However, lets not forget for a second, that Zurkiba is the person who when on many occasions was offered a position in Dustari said that "To be in a kingdom that was allied with Zormite made him want to physically throw up in real life".
And the Zormite Empire has since reverted to how it was supposed to be. Nor did I say to be allied with. If you're going to quote me then quote me right. I stated that I disliked the game in general due to the fact that the Zormites were "humans".

Everything I have seen Zurkiba do, has been related to talking about his Glory Days when he almost took over Zormite, how Zormite is illegitiment and should not be allowed to exist as it is, and otherwise voice his contempt for the longstanding ally of Dustari.
I did take over Zormite, yet again... your facts are flawed. For the rest, read above.

The irony, is that most of his issues with Zormite, are based on ooc points of contention he has with their RP history, but can't seem to seperate ic and ooc feelings on the matter.
And I'm not going to read a book which makes no sense. It's just my character. But a new generation of leaders mean that we can fix 2k2.

Without a public appology at the very least, letting Zurk in as a Noble of all things into Dustari would be like Canada welcoming a top ranking militaristic expansionist Soviet Stalinist who regularily called for the destruction of the US, into a high position of the Canadian Government during the Cold War, and then complaining if it bothered politicians within the US.
I can't blame anyone, let alone Zoe, for not wanting anything to do with this guy. Personally, I consider Zurk little more than a big talker who does little, and when things don't go his way he'll end up blaming Ed and trying to take over...again...and be exiled from Dustari...again. Then he'll tell us all how all of GK is hopeless and not worthy of his attentions...again...and get another 30 minutes of work done on Graal3D 2178 or whatever is grand enough to hold his attention next, until the next time he needs an ego boost and comes around to 'save Dustari' and get the neglected land he 'owns' back from whatever actual active noble in present ownership over them.
And when have I taken Dustari over? Or even attempted to take Dustari over. Nor have I ever been exiled from Dustari.

And no, you're not going to RP for me. My lands were never neglected. I did come on from time to time and RP as a Duke of Dustari with my global tag. It's not -my- fault that Zoe refused to roleplay.

I dont see a need for an apology. I havn't done anything to you, or the people of 2k2. All I've gotten from this is constant harassment from people such as yourself. "So you're the evil Zoe is talking about"... etc etc. People continue to believe the lies set forth, I cant really stop them.

I respect the people on Graal 2002 who actually came to me and questioned the lies about me. I explained things to them and they understand now.

You people have no reason to hate me. Yet you do. That's your choice, I just dont understand why you do such things. If you have something against me, then PM me and I will clear it up for you. Otherwise please stop spreading the lies.

busyrobot
03-25-2005, 03:33 AM
And the Zormite Empire has since reverted to how it was supposed to be. Nor did I say to be allied with. If you're going to quote me then quote me right. I stated that I disliked the game in general due to the fact that the Zormites were "humans".

Zormite has not reverted - when did you get that idea? And yes, your specific words were, that the idea of being allied with zormite made you want to throw up in real life. You used far stronger words than 'disliked' as well, you would think that you believe yourself to be a well mannered englishmen from the victorian era with the way you recall your words.

I did take over Zormite, yet again... your facts are flawed. For the rest, read above.

Yet, you complain of having almost conqueored zormite during Zen's time as leader, when you lead the Astri. In that span of time, you never seized Zormite, yet it was and continues to be one of your primary obsessions.

And I'm not going to read a book which makes no sense. It's just my character. But a new generation of leaders mean that we can fix 2k2.

We 'can' fix that? That is future tense, but you said before that it already has reverted. Don't forget, GK is a server, not some book. Last time we got into the zormite argument I think we went through quite a few pages of posts, lets not do that again.

And when have I taken Dustari over? Or even attempted to take Dustari over. Nor have I ever been exiled from Dustari.

Yet again, you are lying. You were exiled for the revolt you led against tseng, remember?

And no, you're not going to RP for me. My lands were never neglected. I did come on from time to time and RP as a Duke of Dustari with my global tag. It's not -my- fault that Zoe refused to roleplay.

No, you are not going to 're-rp' the past for all of Dustari. You call harassing members of the kingdom 'RPing' because you had a global tag to abuse? If Zoe had roleplayed with you, it would have only been long enough to slit your throat from ear to ear, but I doubt you would have liked that much. You were exiled, face it. None of us roleplayed with you because your idea of roleplaying is to dictated to everyone about how the world is revolving around your head.
With your idea of roleplaying then, is that someone can leave a kingdom, and yet somehow just 'rp' he is still being a good general or admiral, (never coming online of course or communicating with others) and then claim the leaders are 'rping badly' for not rewarding his great success?

I dont see a need for an apology. I havn't done anything to you, or the people of 2k2. All I've gotten from this is constant harassment from people such as yourself. "So you're the evil Zoe is talking about"... etc etc. People continue to believe the lies set forth, I cant really stop them.

Of course not - all your actions have been glorious and well founded - its just everyone else that can't see the genius that is Zurkiba. :rolleyes:

I respect the people on Graal 2002 who actually came to me and questioned the lies about me. I explained things to them and they understand now.

Unless they disagree with you. Then, whole kingdoms, such as zormite, are beneath you and contemptable, and need their members replaced down to every last member that disagrees with you. Nice concept of 'respect' Zurk.

You people have no reason to hate me. Yet you do. That's your choice, I just dont understand why you do such things. If you have something against me, then PM me and I will clear it up for you. Otherwise please stop spreading the lies.
You harass players by abusing global tags, camp in castles to disrupt RP events, insult entire kingdoms of players because they don't 'adhere' to your ideas that you like, demand the benefits of a rank with responsibilities you long since abandoned, and try to tell entire communities to RP 'your way' or they are wrong, regardless of how far off your self serving ideas are.

You did lead a revolt, and you did get kicked out of Dustari. Hell, you were even a refugee in Zormite for some time on one occassion, and I am pretty sure that was before you were kicked out by lance. You did say being allied with zormite made you want to throw up in real life. Its sad when you can't even accept your own actions and the things you have yourself done.

GoZelda
03-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Yet again, you are lying. You were exiled for the revolt you led against tseng, remember?
:rolleyes:

Sildae
03-27-2005, 05:16 PM
It's called Kingdoms Darwinism. If you leave a kingdom immediately as soon as you find something you do not like and join another kingdom, you will eventually end up with a kingdom where everything is as you like it.
Assuming a infinite number of at least slightly different kingdoms.