PDA

View Full Version : playerenters acts differently clientside on gmap between 2.x and 3.x

Evil_Trunks
03-22-2005, 10:32 PM
This bug can best be seen on Era, entering the overworld gives you a [Protected] status. This script probably uses a playerenters event, which is called once by the 2.x client when you enter the overworld GMAP level.

On the other hand, the 3.x client calls playerenters every time you switch map parts, so you can get protected every time you change map parts.

Although it would be easy to work around this, it should still be made the same for both versions.

Velox Cruentus
03-23-2005, 02:04 AM
Actually, I think the only problem is that the player's #L is given as the actual level, whereas in G2, the level is the gmap, and is the gmap in all outside levels.

Admins
03-23-2005, 03:33 AM
The hp protection check should be done on serverside. I guess you are speaking of displaying the "protected" status to the client which is probably not that important (but could be done in a timeout and position check). The "old" client based on v2 will soon be switched to use the new engine too.

Gman4pwnu
03-23-2005, 05:50 AM
Thats a good thing, because before you could not change to nopk on a gmap, now you can set status, err if im interpretting this correctly.

Evil_Trunks
03-23-2005, 07:04 AM
Thats a good thing, because before you could not change to nopk on a gmap, now you can set status, err if im interpretting this correctly.

no just ignore that part, it has to do with Era's systems

Actually, I think the only problem is that the player's #L is given as the actual level, whereas in G2, the level is the gmap, and is the gmap in all outside levels.

ah, I must have misinterpreted the bug

I'm too lazy to pinpoint it myself

Gman4pwnu
03-24-2005, 06:35 PM
Well Evil Trunks, if playerenters is called everytime you enter a level on a gmap, then it should reset the pk / nopk status.