PDA

View Full Version : Unholy Nation =)

NeoJenova
03-22-2005, 08:44 AM
Recent events with UN have been rather suprising.

1.) I am removed after 5 years with UN and 4 years as staff.
2.) I am unaware of the reason why I was removed.
3.) Malinko is placed in charge of UN, why? because he was able to find the npc being abused by the hackers.

Now, I will not complain if the reason for my removal is just, I will gladly step down. I can't think of a reason for my removal at the moment so if anyone is able to inform me I would be very greatful.

I have put in a lot of time and devotion into UN, after recieving it in JOINT managment which in my opinion was a horrible idea I tried my very hardest since I was Admin to keep it secure.

I created a rights list in writing for all of my Staff to know who had what rights, never gave untrusted staff anything that could damage the server and I was the one around on every single attack on UN and the one to stop EACH and EVERY attack by corrupt staff members.

I guess my point is I have been there in the good times and the bad times and I have always picked up the pieces, I was even finishing the new overworld for UN with the help of a few friends and my staff. You can see a picture on the link below.
http://neojenova.vip.graal.net/

All I can say is I tried my VERY best to manage the server to the best of my ability and was removed for unknown reasons. I apologize if I was an unfit manager I honestly did try.

If I am not reinstated can I atleast complete UNs new overworld?

Spark910
03-22-2005, 01:24 PM
never gave untrusted staff anything that could damage the server

Problem was, to my knowledge, that the high staff overlooked what they were uploading to allow the attack to go into place.

Eitherway, the PWA had nothing to do with this and I was unaware until waking up today that this manager had been switched.

zell12
03-22-2005, 01:51 PM
I think this was a poor decision on Stefans behalf. I think a few of the staff got together behind your back, and complained to Stefan and he only listened to all these complaints and acted.

Shouldn't the PWA be more informed of such things before things like this happen; after all, that is the job of the PWA.

Andy0687
03-22-2005, 02:11 PM
I think this was a poor decision on Stefans behalf. I think a few of the staff got together behind your back, and complained to Stefan and he only listened to all these complaints and acted.

I agree with you on this.

I believe decisions are based purely on Favortism, regardless of how long anyone has been there, or how good of a job they do. Its all Politics.

Edit:

And NeoJenova, as long as I have known you, you have always been great at what you do, sad to see something like this happen to another deserving person.

Malinko
03-22-2005, 03:22 PM
If you don't know the reasons, then why don't you clearly ask someone? You have not been removed from your job. There is reasoning behind this matter, so log on Unholy Nation RC and we'll talk about what's going on.

protagonist
03-22-2005, 03:43 PM
I really disagree with how this went down. It should have been brought up to us so that we could have handled it.

I'm not saying anything about the actual choice of who was put as manager, but the bottom line is, it was a bad move. It was far more dramatic than necessary. We've had far worse than this situation without removing the managers, etc.

Malinko
03-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Not to defend myself.

Though, do you know the actual reason of why all of them were removed?

protagonist
03-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Though, do you know the actual reason of why all of them were removed?
It sounds like one person did something that nobody could do anything about unless they were on at the time to stop. Then, all four high staff members were removed because of this.

Malinko
03-22-2005, 04:09 PM
Hm, you are partially correct.

This is not completely a situation about how someone could not be on to solve a problem.

This matter extends far beyond that. Over the recent days, many staff of Unholy Nation have been complaining that no work can be done without the lack of rights. Yes, rights may be a greed right to have, but in some cases, there has to be at least a very active member with rights that can take care of an issue at any time. I do not mean to say one person, though when you have two Administrators and two Managers, you'd think that any issue could be solved easy and quick with the combined efforts. During all the resetting of players and abusive rights of a certain staff member, no one could solve this issue. Many of the staff members sat on RemoteControl, watching the issue get worse and worse. None of the Managers were online to solve the issue until later on (which is was too late) and the Administrators didn't seem to give rights to anyone to solve the problems. The whole issue is that, some do believe that Unholy Nation does not have good staff organization. Yes, many have heard about a new overworld being released, but not all staff are working on it, so why even have it? You have one Manager working on it with little help. I do not think some staff members enjoy not being part of it when they do with to work on Unholy Nation. So yes, the whole issue may be a small right issue, but it's stating the fact that there are no active high staff members to take the role of an Admin or Manager to perform the duties they need to do. If you have a whole entire playerworld, players and staff, saying, "HELL YES! THEY ARE GONE!" when the Administration and Management is removed, you know something is not right. It may be an opinion of my own, though, you are working so the players and staff have something to enjoy. You do want them on your side, don't you? That's what running a playerworld is all about. So everything runs smoothly so that everyone can enjoy. Over the recent days, I don't think everyone was enjoying being reset over a hundred times and no one could do anything but to watch it. So that is the issue.

Darlene159
03-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Wow.....just...wow
Never saw this coming x.x

protagonist
03-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Hm, you are partially correct.

This is not completely a situation about how someone could not be on to solve a problem.

This matter extends far beyond that. Over the recent days, many staff of Unholy Nation have been complaining that no work can be done without the lack of rights. Yes, rights may be a greed right to have, but in some cases, there has to be at least a very active member with rights that can take care of an issue at any time. I do not mean to say one person, though when you have two Administrators and two Managers, you'd think that any issue could be solved easy and quick with the combined efforts. During all the resetting of players and abusive rights of a certain staff member, no one could solve this issue. Many of the staff members sat on RemoteControl, watching the issue get worse and worse. None of the Managers were online to solve the issue until later on (which is was too late) and the Administrators didn't seem to give rights to anyone to solve the problems. The whole issue is that, some do believe that Unholy Nation does not have good staff organization. Yes, many have heard about a new overworld being released, but not all staff are working on it, so why even have it? You have one Manager working on it with little help. I do not think some staff members enjoy not being part of it when they do with to work on Unholy Nation. So yes, the whole issue may be a small right issue, but it's stating the fact that there are no active high staff members to take the role of an Admin or Manager to perform the duties they need to do. If you have a whole entire playerworld, players and staff, saying, "HELL YES! THEY ARE GONE!" when the Administration and Management is removed, you know something is not right. It may be an opinion of my own, though, you are working so the players and staff have something to enjoy. You do want them on your side, don't you? That's what running a playerworld is all about. So everything runs smoothly so that everyone can enjoy. Over the recent days, I don't think everyone was enjoying being reset over a hundred times and no one could do anything but to watch it. So that is the issue.

What time, exactly, did this incident occur?

Darlene159
03-22-2005, 04:28 PM
Bleh, what we Managers have is a lose, lose situation.
If you give more rights to staff, you have a higher risk of corruption (but more people can help with what needs to be done), and if you dont, there is less chance of corruption (but less people can help with what needs to be done). It is really hard to make those decisions
Fact is, you can never completely trust anyone, and sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and take a chance to better the PW. This fact has been a hard pill for me to swallow, but I was getting used to it. Now, I am edgy again about giving people rights, for fear of something happening, and Stefan removing us from our positions.

maximus_asinus
03-22-2005, 04:30 PM
Hell, give rights to everyone. They think they deserve it.

Malinko
03-22-2005, 04:38 PM
What time, exactly, did this incident occur?
Eh, I give or take around the last 24 hours. The first 12 hours of the last 24 hours. If that makes sense. O_o.

There is still more to this situation, but I don't want to get into the personal opinions of some global staff. So best if you forum PM me or see me on RC for that.

p2p_Sir_Link
03-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Why SHOULDN'T a LAT have NPC-Control, Change Rights, Change Server ops, Ban Players, and edit staff rights? It makes no since to me. Why don't regular players have level 3 RC, and staff level 4?

Okilian
03-22-2005, 07:05 PM
It was a crazy time, but it was settled.

If u don't know, me and Neo are the joint managers of UN. Some things happened and we were ousted for a brief time. It was chaotic, and my biggest complaint is that Stefan did alot of it, but when i tried to talk to him, I had to go through malinko. Oh well, things go on.

We will work through it, and any help given will be appreciative.

WanDaMan
03-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Go Malinko! :cool:

zell12
03-22-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm confused. Are staff working on this new overworld? I offered help for you guys if you needed it, but I was assured that everything was fine. Oh well, life goes on.

Okilian
03-23-2005, 01:17 AM
If you still would like to help, feel free to private message me :)

WanDaMan
03-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Has anything changed? do Level Administrations actually get rights now? x_x

Malinko
03-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Has anything changed? do Level Administrations actually get rights now? x_x
The old LAT Admins were hired and given rights, heh.

Bartjuh1992
04-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Neo Jenova is like dont give him more rights the only nat on Unholy Nation with full NC is NAT Admin current: Mystical Dragon thats the only one with Full NC asst dosnt even get full rc Rofl,

MysticalDragon
04-14-2005, 02:55 AM
Neo Jenova is like dont give him more rights the only nat on Unholy Nation with full NC is NAT Admin current: Mystical Dragon thats the only one with Full NC asst dosnt even get full rc Rofl,

Thier is a reason for this, neo tried giving other NATs NC Access but when they quit they would make a npc using for (i=0;i<allplayerscount;i++) {
with (allplayers[i]) { sendtonc /reset #a}
and reset about 100 Players.So he only gives me NC because he trusts me and knows i wouldn't harm UN in any shape or form.And I'am sorry but i agree with his decision.

Evil_Trunks
04-14-2005, 03:00 AM
anyone with the ability to edit any level or script can potentially cause catostrophic harm like this though

Malinko
04-14-2005, 04:02 AM
anyone with the ability to edit any level or script can potentially cause catostrophic harm like this though
Sadly.

MysticalDragon
04-14-2005, 04:10 AM

Yes, thats why we dont accept player submissions.But when i staff causes this "catostrophic harm", it's a different story.

Admins
04-14-2005, 01:23 PM

We are working on fixing this, making it possible to only allow certain scripting commands for levels.

Malinko
04-14-2005, 02:27 PM
We are working on fixing this, making it possible to only allow certain scripting commands for levels.
Maybe a server option or so?

Ajira
04-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Maybe a server option or so?
I think a serveroption that tells what commands can not be used in levels would be good.

Admins
04-15-2005, 12:15 AM
I think a serveroption that tells what commands can not be used in levels would be good.

I am thinking of a serveroption for defining new file types for the folder config, and you can allow/disallow groups of script commands/features.

Rufus
04-18-2005, 09:28 PM
I think Unholy Nations management need to revise who they have as staff. I logged on today and saw immature behaviour from a staff member.

Xelt (LAT) (Accountname: Kinghomerdastupid) said while having tag on "Are you homosexual, you like cats alot" and "**** you"

THEN

I complained to a GP online and I got this

Emma (GP) (18/04/2005 19:29:39):
I realize you are lying and if you continue this you'll be jailed. I
have been talking to him on RC how could he have?
Rufus (18/04/2005 19:28:33):
He's just said to a player "**** you"
Rufus (18/04/2005 19:26:56):
He did though
Emma (GP) (18/04/2005 19:26:45):
Well he denys it.
Rufus (18/04/2005 19:26:30):
Well?
Rufus (18/04/2005 19:21:17):
He's just said it in OSL
Emma (GP) (18/04/2005 19:21:02):
How could he have said that?
Emma (GP) (18/04/2005 19:20:55):
Wait...
Emma (GP) (18/04/2005 19:20:22):
I'll talk to him.
Rufus (18/04/2005 19:19:45):
Xelt (LAT) said "Are you homosexual, you like cats alot"
Your LAT on tag said that and I am offended, what are you going to do about it.

Malinko
04-18-2005, 09:32 PM
I think Unholy Nations management need to revise who they have as staff. I logged on today and saw immature behaviour from a staff member.

Xelt (LAT) (Accountname: Kinghomerdastupid) said while having tag on "Are you homosexual, you like cats alot" and "**** you"
Would be better to report this complaint in a private message rather than saying in public. Causes too much trouble.

Rufus
04-18-2005, 09:34 PM
I tried to complain to one of the GP's but they did not believe me, that is stupid.

Okilian
04-19-2005, 09:53 PM
You could message either me or Neo your problem. We try to look into most anything, and even if there's no clear cut evidence, we'll issued the warnings where needed.

you can also email me, message my aim, leave a message on UN for a staff, or any number of ways

syltburk
04-20-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm confused..

haro41
04-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Jaffer... just.. how do I put this..

Frog blast the vent core?

p2p_Sir_Link
04-20-2005, 10:08 PM
Would be better to report this complaint in a private message rather than saying in public. Causes too much trouble.
How the hell does this make a difference? Most staff on servers are lazy, apathetic, emo 12 year olds, who are corrupted by the ability to say warp to.

Malinko
04-21-2005, 07:49 PM
How the hell does this make a difference?
It does make a difference. Having a personal way of communication is much more efficient on some matters. A solution will come out to the problem.
Most staff on servers are lazy, apathetic, emo 12 year olds, who are corrupted by the ability to say warp to.
Stop stereotyping.

GoZelda
04-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Emma (GP) (18/04/2005 19:29:39):
I realize you are lying and if you continue this you'll be jailed. I
have been talking to him on RC how could he have?
Rufus (18/04/2005 19:28:33):
He's just said to a player "**** you"
Rufus (18/04/2005 19:26:56):
He did though
Emma (GP) (18/04/2005 19:26:45):
Well he denys it.
Rufus (18/04/2005 19:26:30):
Well?
Rufus (18/04/2005 19:21:17):
He's just said it in OSL
Emma (GP) (18/04/2005 19:21:02):
How could he have said that?
Emma (GP) (18/04/2005 19:20:55):
Wait...
Emma (GP) (18/04/2005 19:20:22):
I'll talk to him.
Rufus (18/04/2005 19:19:45):
Xelt (LAT) said "Are you homosexual, you like cats alot"
Your LAT on tag said that and I am offended, what are you going to do about it.
That was funny.

HarDKoRe1234
04-25-2005, 05:04 AM
You could message either me or Neo your problem. We try to look into most anything, and even if there's no clear cut evidence, we'll issued the warnings where needed.

you can also email me, message my aim, leave a message on UN for a staff, or any number of ways
Yeah, talk to Okilian and he'll reply with, "I'll talk to him." I'm pretty sure it never happens :(

Okilian
04-25-2005, 06:10 AM
but yet...it does :). I've had numerous convo's and such with people trying to work out problems. MD and Malinko would know at least a few occasions of that :)

HarDKoRe1234
04-25-2005, 06:12 AM
but yet...it does :). I've had numerous convo's and such with people trying to work out problems. MD and Malinko would know at least a few occasions of that :)
Well, when I was involved, the problem was never solved...

Okilian
04-25-2005, 07:26 AM
Well, here's the thing that's happened with the Emma case.

Talking to emma, she mentioned she was talking to Xelt at the time of the incident. She looked on RC Player list and they were not in the same place at the time. Emma thought that that was kinda weird, seeing Xelt was talking at a fairly normal tempo. Also, the same person reported Anti for some harassment, however not posting any RC chat or the like, and Anti was only on RC. SO emma concluded that he was indeed seemingly making things up in order to incriminate staff members.

If need more info, PM me

and on another note, can we close this?