PDA

View Full Version : Political Relations and Trading Guidlines

Kefkin
03-19-2005, 09:39 PM
For those of you who do not know, I have now taken the leadership of the Zormite Republic. Firstly, I would like to address where it is we stand as a kingdom.

Our longtime allies, the Dustari, will always be treated with the utmost in respect and honor. I do not see any reason to change this, as it has been tradition for years. Feel free to associate yourselves with the Dustari and build the strong relationships that should be borne of such an alliance.

The neutral parties, both Forest and Crescent Pirates, should also be treated with respect, but do keep in mind. Our alliance with Dustari makes association with the Pirates a dangerous one. I do not discourage the pleasantries or friendships, but I find this relationship in direct conflict of our ally's wishes. Out of respect for the Dustari, you will no longer tread the grounds of the Crescent Pirates while on-tag without the direct permission of the Governor, nor will you openly trade with the enemies of our allies (drop tag if you must trade).

Though there are several camps of thought surrounding the political state of affairs between ourselves and Samurai, one thing remains, we are still enemies. The leadership of Samurai has changed, and there may be peace to look forward to, but until then I urge you to cut ties with them. Anyone found travelling with, trading with, or even helping the Samurai (while on tag) will be charged with treason against the Republic. If you absolutely must go to Samurai (which I pray will never have to happen) remain off tag as a sign of respect for our enemies. Trading is strictly forbidden without my express consent (unless both parties agree to drop tag and trade as civillians).

There is much here in Zormite which is not observed by its membership. I believe it is time to take the responsibilites you pledged to observe upon joining the republic. Though leadership has changed, Zormite will continue to grow.

This is not meant for you to freely go harrass our enemies or our ally's enemies, as Zormite has always been a place of integrity and honor. Continue this tradition by remaining honorable to everyone. If there are any questions, feel free to speak with me privately.

Dictator Graynt Alexander Archigos

csod123
03-19-2005, 10:00 PM
what happened to Akira?

Raziel
03-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Well I'll be damned. I didn't see this coming... X_x
What did happen to Akira?

Kefkin
03-21-2005, 02:49 AM
It is with a heavy heart I announce today that we can no longer stand for the actions of our neighbors, the Dustari. They have, in the past, been more than kind and deserved the alliance we shared. Today it is no more. There are unspeakable actions occuring and we will not stand for it. The true faithful have left Dustari already, knowing all to well the change in mood from our neighbors.

The Dustari are no longer who we once believed them to be. In order to better secure our lands and citizens, the lands of the Dustari and all its people are now the sworn enemies of Zormite.

~Dictator Graynt Alexander Archigos

maximus_asinus
03-21-2005, 02:54 AM
thats what you want your leader to do on their first two days, break their only alliance.

csod123
03-21-2005, 03:17 AM
we need an ally

DrkXFactr
03-21-2005, 03:31 AM
Although he did have the final say in break/stay, it was not on him completely. Dustari chose their path. They made some decisions that led them on their own path, and more so, away from the alliance's path; some of which were even assured to become a problem. So, to put it completely on his plate, isn't right.

GryffonDurime
03-21-2005, 03:34 AM
It is with a heavy heart I announce today that we can no longer stand for the actions of our neighbors, the Dustari. They have, in the past, been more than kind and deserved the alliance we shared. Today it is no more. There are unspeakable actions occuring and we will not stand for it. The true faithful have left Dustari already, knowing all to well the change in mood from our neighbors.

The Dustari are no longer who we once believed them to be. In order to better secure our lands and citizens, the lands of the Dustari and all its people are now the sworn enemies of Zormite.

The Divine Sanctuary of the Forest wishes to register it's suprise that Zormite would cast off it's only true ally. The Path of the Phoenix starts anew, and this time, the Zormitian tribes of Zaeri and Sahuagin will not be there to aid.

The Forest is most curious in this matter, and while it wishes to remain nuetral towards all, priority of aid would be given to Dustari in times of crisis.

Splke
03-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Interesting.. who runs Dustari now again?

Crono
03-21-2005, 03:14 PM
This is retarded, most kingdoms and such push for peace, they dont say "PLZ H8 SAMURAI SO wE KAN HAV SUM AKTION N ALKL PLZ DUN TRAVEL w/ DEM BTW"

XGoLink
03-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Interesting.. who runs Dustari now again?
Ed.. the one you wanted to be Prince of Forest ;)

MasterNuke
03-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Other than Zurkiba existing, is there any reason why this(Dustari as enemies) is going to happen? I'd like to hear it.

LordZen
03-22-2005, 01:15 AM

Reading your initial address, I was more than pleased with the decision to bestow my legacy apon your shoulders. But, this abrupt turn in foreign policy demands a proper explanation, immediately. The Sagesuns have married into the Republic's ruling family, as early as First Lady Razeil Sagesun Archigos, this should have solidified relations between the two states for generations.

For what reason do you dare throw aside such arrangements made by your predassesors with so little time in office, and so little time to reflect on the possible consequences of this decision before actually making it?

~Elder Archist Zen Archigos, Former Dictator and founder of the Zormite Republic

csod123
03-23-2005, 02:13 AM
Although he did have the final say in break/stay, it was not on him completely. Dustari chose their path. They made some decisions that led them on their own path, and more so, away from the alliance's path; some of which were even assured to become a problem. So, to put it completely on his plate, isn't right.

this is why Zen :)

Kefkin
03-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Reading your initial address, I was more than pleased with the decision to bestow my legacy apon your shoulders. But, this abrupt turn in foreign policy demands a proper explanation, immediately. The Sagesuns have married into the Republic's ruling family, as early as First Lady Razeil Sagesun Archigos, this should have solidified relations between the two states for generations.

For what reason do you dare throw aside such arrangements made by your predassesors with so little time in office, and so little time to reflect on the possible consequences of this decision before actually making it?

~Elder Archist Zen Archigos, Former Dictator and founder of the Zormite Republic

Edwin's own actions speak well enough for Dustari. In allowing a blacklisted member to join his ranks, he shows the disrespect he truly holds for Zormite. A blatant slap in the face will not be tolerated. Even the former queen holds such disgust for the new king that she has left the kingdom herself. Dustari was handed over to Edwin for safe keeping. I spoke with Edwin about what his plans for Dustari were prior to taking the Dictatorship. I spoke at lengths with him about what he planned militarily, as well as his ideas for the furthering of good relations between our two nations. He simply stated nothing. He places full trust of his own kingdom in his officers, and has no say as to how it is run. I for one cannot place my trust, or the kingdom's for that matter, in somone who cannot even make a descision for his own kingdom. He believes his general will do all the thinking and strategizing for him.

Well, after this converstion, I assumed leadership of Zormite. With a careful eye, I watched our neighbors to the west. That is when I saw the general of the Dustari armies himself leave the kingdom. Obviously he has meticulously planned out some sort of strategy, and from what I can figure, it is that Dustari is not the kingdom we once knew anymore. When I took leadership, I had full intention of maintaining good relations with our previous allies, but in light of the self-serving actions of its king, along with the outpour of those members who meant the most to the king, I find no other choice but to declare enemies of the Dustari.

I have given much thought to this decision as it was posed to me several months ago, and the consequences of breaking the alliance will only be minor compared to the consequences of being stabbed in the back by a power-hungry, yet lazy, king. I have given much thought to this decision as it was posed to me several months ago, and the consequences of breaking the alliance will only be minor compared to the consequences of being stabbed in the back by a power-hungry king who doesn't even run his own kingdom!

Even the actions of the past cannot bridge this gap I am afraid as the corruption has obviously reached the highest level in Dustari. It does sadden me that I am the one who must break tradition, and raise our blades in defense from the Dustari, as even Edwin himself is not above attacking our Mikogens. Such disrespect will not be tolerated.

MasterNuke
03-23-2005, 10:28 AM
Edwin's own actions speak well enough for Dustari. In allowing a blacklisted member to join his ranks, he shows the disrespect he truly holds for Zormite. A blatant slap in the face will not be tolerated. Even the former queen holds such disgust for the new king that she has left the kingdom herself. Dustari was handed over to Edwin for safe keeping. I spoke with Edwin about what his plans for Dustari were prior to taking the Dictatorship. I spoke at lengths with him about what he planned militarily, as well as his ideas for the furthering of good relations between our two nations. He simply stated nothing. He places full trust of his own kingdom in his officers, and has no say as to how it is run. I for one cannot place my trust, or the kingdom's for that matter, in somone who cannot even make a descision for his own kingdom. He believes his general will do all the thinking and strategizing for him.

Look on Dustari's Blacklist and tell me if you see Zurkiba anywhere. (Really... I can do a "Find on this page" and get nothing.)

By the way, talking over PMs isn't freakin in character. If you continue this war, you will make a mockery of your entire kingdom's RP ability. What I shared with you were my thoughts at the moment. Thoughts... OOC thoughts. Important decisions are forged with deep thought and time. And about my rule, when I give positions and titles to people, I actually HAVE them do their job. I don't hire people into high titles just to have them sit on their ass and do nothing.

Well, after this converstion, I assumed leadership of Zormite. With a careful eye, I watched our neighbors to the west. That is when I saw the general of the Dustari armies himself leave the kingdom. Obviously he has meticulously planned out some sort of strategy, and from what I can figure, it is that Dustari is not the kingdom we once knew anymore. When I took leadership, I had full intention of maintaining good relations with our previous allies, but in light of the self-serving actions of its king, along with the outpour of those members who meant the most to the king, I find no other choice but to declare enemies of the Dustari.

Drk left because he just doesn't like Zurkiba. I can understand that, I just had to move a few jobs here and there. It was inconvinient.

If you had such intentions, why did you turn the blade so quickly... to have my friend tell me that she needs to be readded to Dustari because she needed to leave to defend herself because Zormite suddenly sees Dustari as enemies. Also... I do not value those who left anymore... It shows just how loyal they really were.

I have given much thought to this decision as it was posed to me several months ago, and the consequences of breaking the alliance will only be minor compared to the consequences of being stabbed in the back by a power-hungry, yet lazy, king. I have given much thought to this decision as it was posed to me several months ago, and the consequences of breaking the alliance will only be minor compared to the consequences of being stabbed in the back by a power-hungry king who doesn't even run his own kingdom!

Those without food are always hungry. If you haven't noticed, the power left with what I thought were loyalties.

Even the actions of the past cannot bridge this gap I am afraid as the corruption has obviously reached the highest level in Dustari. It does sadden me that I am the one who must break tradition, and raise our blades in defense from the Dustari, as even Edwin himself is not above attacking our Mikogens. Such disrespect will not be tolerated.

Metagaming, powergaming, and can't tell the difference between thoughts and decisions. And even labels me with steriotypes. You, sir, have brought you and Zormite to a whole new low. I don't believe I have done anything corrupt at the moment. It pisses me off that you were so quick to break something I decided to keep.

And about attacking your Mikogen... What about your members attacking me? I logged on to a flaming ice dagger in the face by one of your members. The Mikogen was on Dustari soil at the time you saw us as enemies and you even appologised about it. I'd post a log but that is breaking forum rules.

Thank you for keeping me up at 3:30am on a school night because it took you THAT freakin long to respond and add a whole lot of irrelevant content.

DrkXFactr
03-23-2005, 11:04 AM
Drk left because he just doesn't like Zurkiba. I can understand that, I just had to move a few jobs here and there. It was inconvinient.
Whoa.. I did not leave because I "don't like Zurkiba." I've explained this SO many times.. Zurkiba is poison. He's NOTHING but power-hungry. How many times has he tried to take over kingdoms? Not less than 2 hours after we see him as Duke of Dustari, does he PM Alisa Steele of CP and ask her to 'give up CP, because 5 kingdoms cannot exist.' ((I'd post log, but as Ed stated, it is not legal.)) Proof is everywhere, past or present. And you accepted him with open arms, knowing his past, knowing Dustari's look upon him. Knowing he is power-hungry. Knowing the deep poison he would bring. Well, the poison has spread. Do you like what it's becoming, Ed? Nobody else seems to.

So, saying that I left only because I do not like him, couldn't be further from the truth. If I was his best friend in the world, he's still poison.. He's still power-hungry... and he's still out to gain control of kingdoms.

MasterNuke
03-23-2005, 03:47 PM
Not less than 2 hours after we see him as Duke of Dustari, does he PM Alisa Steele of CP and ask her to 'give up CP, because 5 kingdoms cannot exist.' ((I'd post log, but as Ed stated, it is not legal.)) Proof is everywhere, past or present.

Don't you think this information is important to my decisions? How come no one seems to tell me about stuff like this when it happens?
Edit: nm.. checked some logs and found something in badly formatted text that I didn't see.

And you accepted him with open arms, knowing his past, knowing Dustari's look upon him. Knowing he is power-hungry. Knowing the deep poison he would bring. Well, the poison has spread. Do you like what it's becoming, Ed? Nobody else seems to.

Actually I was at a 50/50 until you left. I based a good amount of my decision on his potentials, not his freakin past. The past was all messed up.

What Dustari has become... do not lecture me about what it has become if the guy has only been around for TWO FREAKIN DAYS. The only thing that is happening is all of you guys making things really freakin difficult for me. I already told you guys that if he screwed around, I kick him. But the entire Kingdom of Zormite feels that it is worth waging war over one old guy.

So, saying that I left only because I do not like him, couldn't be further from the truth. If I was his best friend in the world, he's still poison.. He's still power-hungry... and he's still out to gain control of kingdoms.

He won't gain control of Dustari, I already told you this.

Discharge
03-23-2005, 05:10 PM

You are overreacting. Zurkiba is not going to be Duke Zurkiba the Conqueror of Kingdoms. He wasn’t conquering people in Graal2001 as the Duke and his not going to now. If he goes ask for CP to be dismantled well I agree with him. That group of so call pirates is a complete waste. Zurkiba was role-playing as Erik the Red or something when he was trying to dominate. No, this erratic behavior is the result of a grudge.

GryffonDurime
03-24-2005, 12:07 AM
IC:
As Divine Roi of the Forest and Duke of the Once and Future House of Durime, I would simply like to testify to Zurkiba Warhare's character. He is a good man, loyal to his cause, who has earned his keep and his title by actions. He is the spark of intelligence that lights the fire of change. Despite his long history as a catalyst, in these times when the land is fading so quickly, the soil becoming so hollow, perhaps a catalyst is what we need.

OOC:
PMs, forum and client, are OOC. 100%.

XGoLink
03-24-2005, 12:39 AM
Then why did you remove me for saying something on the forums o.o
I really thought about what i said though, and im terribly sorry...
I was wrong

LordZen
03-24-2005, 01:11 AM

So let me get this straight, your reasoning for breaking the alliance more or less is hinged on Dustari allowing somebody into their kingdom that is on Dustari's Blacklist? Or on Zormite's Blacklist?

Either way, if Zurkiba was on Dustari's blacklist, no blacklist is set in stone and that is up to the king if he wishes to leave that name on the list or not. If its on Zormite's Blacklist -- well, thats Zormite's Blacklist, not Dustari's. They are seperate for a reason. If the two kingdoms wanted a mutual blacklist than arrangements would have been made for that already, they have been close for so long, there would seem little reason to keep 2 seperate blacklists if it was ever the intention to keep specific people out of the alliance completely. (And Zurkiba's past actions against Zormite and Dustari was as a different RP character, so you cannot make In-Character decisions based on the past RP character of an individual that he is not RP'ing as anymore)

And even then, that would not be cause to move a kingdom to war. At the absolute extreme, you should have opted for neutrality rather than WAR. One of the halmarks of the Republic was to be a peacekeeping force, not a state which commits the very act it is accusing its Dustari brethren of possibly doing in the future: Backstabbing.

Ed is a good and loyal servant of his country. Hes probably been around (on 2k2) as early as I was. I know his character far better than you, and it is anything but lazy, power-hungary, or curropt.

Zurkiba
03-24-2005, 02:06 AM
Dont talk about me if you dont know me. I just want to express that real quick.

--

AS FOR THE CRESENT PIRATES ISSUE:
I have talked with Alan Steele, he understands what I was saying. However the Governess went all loco on me and thought
'Because 2k2 is getting too small to have five kingdoms'
as
'I'm going to conquer you'

and
'Kingdoms used to hire pirates as privateers, you could do the same'
as
'I'm going to conquer you.'

2k2 is too small for five kingdoms. There simply aren't enough people who want to roleplay in those kingdoms. So why not merge them?
--

AS FOR THE GENERAL'S DEFECTION AND FORMER QUEEN:
First off... the Former Queen wouldn't leave. Otherwise it's bad roleplaying. As for the general leaving... that's called metagaming. It's using OOC information for IC plots and such. If you protested my being in the kingdom then you would've never been in the kingdom in the first place. Technically I've always been in the kingdom... technically I've always been a Duke. So hats off to you for metagaming.

--

AS FOR ME BEING POWERHUNGRY:
Give me proof and I'll give that to you. If I was power hungry I would've had Ed give me more rights and crap. In fact, I'm not even using my given rights because I'm still a little unused to the new Graal Kingdoms

I've been a Duke of Dustari since 2001. I've done my part in it's development. I've was a Duke when Discharge joined, when Excalibur joined. I was a Duke when the former king Larrien joined. I planned for 2k2's Dustari. I've worked my ass off for Dustari. It's also a personal code of mine to never be the King of Dustari. The Highest I will ever go is Duke.

I've lead the Zormite Kingdom because I was the appointed governor of it by King Kamuii (or atleast I was one of two canidates, I cant remember too well). But they had a civil war and I lost my chance. So I took it over anyway and governed it into greatness. I then went to Forest, after asking Aftershock that is, because Brad needed good leaders and I knew Aftershock could handle Dustari. I also turned that into a great state (it conquered Dustari).

--
AS FOR ME BEING ON A BLACKLIST:
Ed can change the blacklist as he sees fit. Seeing how if I was put on one, it would be because of bias without proof.

--
LEARN TO ROLEPLAY:
You cant metagame and call it roleplaying. You cant use PMs and call it IC (unless it was designated as a letter or a fake courier brought it to you). AIM Conversations are not IC. The only IC things are actual in game text, written documents, and the occasional PM.

Metagaming is when you use that OOC information to determine IC actions. That is what you did. As far as your character is concerned Duke Zurkiba Warhare is the elder war hero of Dustari, House of the Admiral, Duke of the Northern Fief, and Commander of the Northern Militia.

If Zormite wages war, then we are to believe (ICly of course) that the Zormites are backstabers bent on the conquest of the Dustari isles.

darkemporor
03-24-2005, 02:26 AM
He won't gain control of Dustari, I already told you this.

... and rumor has it you're already considering handing Dustari over to him.

Wren

Zurkiba
03-24-2005, 02:31 AM

Wren
And if you would read my posts, I would turn it down.

darkemporor
03-24-2005, 02:41 AM
Either way, if Zurkiba was on Dustari's blacklist, no blacklist is set in stone and that is up to the king if he wishes to leave that name on the list or not.

That's fairly rediculous too. Ed can twist and bend and break but if Graynt does, its bad in your view. Dustari and Zormite leaders HAD an arrangement regarding respect of their blacklists. Of course, you couldn't be aware of this since you've been inactive over 2 years.

What amazes me is that you're still trying to remotely lead this kingdom. It's not helpful and never has been.

Zero Hour
03-24-2005, 03:12 AM
That's fairly rediculous too. Ed can twist and bend and break but if Graynt does, its bad in your view. Dustari and Zormite leaders HAD an arrangement regarding respect of their blacklists. Of course, you couldn't be aware of this since you've been inactive over 2 years.

What amazes me is that you're still trying to remotely lead this kingdom. It's not helpful and never has been.
It's nice to see you're still alive and kicking, Wren.

MasterNuke
03-24-2005, 03:12 AM

Wren
I was testing Calani's trustability. Apparently, she leaks information too.

Splke
03-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Ed.. the one you wanted to be Prince of Forest ;)

Ed > you all k? I've wanted him for a lead-spot for a long ass time. He's probably the best powerplayer I know (since MarkB or so) just because of how damn balanced he is. He's not a bad listenner too, I think this war is done and over with long before it began.

: PS : If you need leik, some arr pee, Pee em mee. roflwaflz!

LordZen
03-25-2005, 08:28 AM
That's fairly rediculous too. Ed can twist and bend and break but if Graynt does, its bad in your view.
?

He can edit Zormite's blacklist just the same. The issue was that it sounded as if he was trying to start a war because he didnt like how another kingdom was managing their own blacklist, which should be a sovreign right to each kingdom -- so I dont see how your example correlates (Since Graynt is not twisting or bending anything, its his response to Ed's actions which is the center of debate). And I'm still not clear as to whether it was Dustari's blacklist Graynt was mad at Dustari for, or Zormite's blacklist Graynt was mad at Dustari for.

Dustari and Zormite leaders HAD an arrangement regarding respect of their blacklists. Of course, you couldn't be aware of this since you've been inactive over 2 years.
I am not sure if that was supposed to be a low blow or not. I'm not sure about how long its been exactly now, but someday somebody would be able to say the exact same about you, so what is the big deal? I have a special interest and perspective in this particular part of the Graal culture and community, why am I not allowed to continue to be interested in 2k2 Zormite happenings? Why dont you feel that I should be allowed to share my views on a public forum dedicated to the topic which I have special interest in??

Anyways, whats the point in keeping 2 seperate blacklists if each kingdom expected the other to blacklist everybody they blacklisted? As long as you understand that valid point I made than the issue is moot to me about whether or not an arrangement had been made. Logically the 2 kingdoms would have began to maintain a single mutual blacklist, failing to do that is asking for problems *points to present issue*. Thats all I was saying.

What amazes me is that you actually believe yourself, and that somewhere along the road you started to dislike me, and I still havent figured out why. I did not judge you as being the ProjectShifter type: you hold grudges even after people appologize the best they can and try to burry the hatchet over and over. You just didnt like my input, ever, even when it was in private.

Look, I'm all for Graynt being Dictator. I was really pleased with his opening announcement, it gave me a stellar first impression, and I knew from then he was capable. His decision to break ties with Dustari so early on is a topic well worth examining, and I'm sure Graynt felt the same way (that its a topic well worth discussing) or else he wouldnt have made a open thread about it in this forum where he knew his position would more than likely be questioned by at least a few. Every good leader benefits from criticism, and from opinions from multiple points of view. Thats a lesson some people figure out....and others dont so much, Wren.

And I'm not trying to "remotely lead" anything, I just chime in when topics come up that I have strong feelings for, thats unfair to get pissed at me for that. You have to understand where I'm comming from.

Debaglio
03-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Durime... do you even know what a catalyst is?

Your aid...... all of 2 members. nice. See you there... wait I forgot who this was written for. See you there for two seconds before you log for a week and a half.

Maybe you should check your misunderstood concepts and explore the buffer analogy... seems to make more sense for the concept you are trying to apply.

How about next week when your class gets to the explantion about Pangea you can talk about the kingdoms in that context and give us a nice explanation about how they formed, all mighty ROI.

Zero Hour
03-25-2005, 07:27 PM

Your aid...... all of 2 members. nice. See you there... wait I forgot who this was written for. See you there for two seconds before you log for a week and a half.
Who do you think you are...?

Debaglio
03-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Well sir, If you would read my two chapters that I have posted this question you proposed would not have made its way to this tread.

Short and sweet.

Etien Debaglio
"head of NAPZ"
"forest member once spited by a selfish leader"
"apointed to NAPZ by Akira"
"chemist extrodinair"

no take"a" no crap"a" from no one"a"

Zero Hour
03-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Well sir, If you would read my two chapters that I have posted this question you proposed would not have made its way to this tread.

Short and sweet.

Etien Debaglio
"head of NAPZ"
"forest member once spited by a selfish leader"
"apointed to NAPZ by Akira"
"chemist extrodinair"

no take"a" no crap"a" from no one"a"
Ok, what? Could you be coherent this time?

busyrobot
03-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Dont talk about me if you dont know me. I just want to express that real quick.

--

AS FOR THE CRESENT PIRATES ISSUE:
I have talked with Alan Steele, he understands what I was saying. However the Governess went all loco on me and thought
'Because 2k2 is getting too small to have five kingdoms'
as
'I'm going to conquer you'

and
'Kingdoms used to hire pirates as privateers, you could do the same'
as
'I'm going to conquer you.'

2k2 is too small for five kingdoms. There simply aren't enough people who want to roleplay in those kingdoms. So why not merge them?
--

Doesn't CP have more active members then us right now Zurk? Who would you 'merge' CP with and why should they loose their identity?

AS FOR THE GENERAL'S DEFECTION AND FORMER QUEEN:
First off... the Former Queen wouldn't leave. Otherwise it's bad roleplaying. As for the general leaving... that's called metagaming. It's using OOC information for IC plots and such. If you protested my being in the kingdom then you would've never been in the kingdom in the first place. Technically I've always been in the kingdom... technically I've always been a Duke. So hats off to you for metagaming.

You have been public enemy number one of Zormite for a long time. You had been driven out of Dustari for your actions ic. You continue with unsurpassed arrogance claim that you can tell people whether you are in any given kingdom or not. When you lead the Astri kingdom, how well would you have taken it if someone YOU kicked out for dereliction and treason (as you were by lance) just ran around claiming to 'still be Astri' and blamed YOU for being a bad roleplayer for not recognizing that?

You have abused global tags and camped in the castle to distrupt RP events - and yet you have the audacity to accuse OTHERS of bad roleplaying for not wanting to PRETEND you were never kicked out?? How weak is that?

Don't forget that her sister is the retired leader of Zormite, so it is unlike a former queen of england, choosing to live with her sister in spain or something to that effect.

--

AS FOR ME BEING POWERHUNGRY:
Give me proof and I'll give that to you. If I was power hungry I would've had Ed give me more rights and crap. In fact, I'm not even using my given rights because I'm still a little unused to the new Graal Kingdoms

I've been a Duke of Dustari since 2001. I've done my part in it's development. I've was a Duke when Discharge joined, when Excalibur joined. I was a Duke when the former king Larrien joined. I planned for 2k2's Dustari. I've worked my ass off for Dustari. It's also a personal code of mine to never be the King of Dustari. The Highest I will ever go is Duke.

As if I have all that much respect for your 'personal codes' when you have been exiled how many times for leading revolts? How many times have you called for the overthrow of both Dustari and Zormite?

How much of your time on GK has been spent pining over your 'near victory' of taking over the world and how you would have conquered zormite 'if only' Samurai happened backstabbed you after you 'helped' them by taking over their kingdom and forcing them into your Eastern Alliance?

I've lead the Zormite Kingdom because I was the appointed governor of it by King Kamuii (or atleast I was one of two canidates, I cant remember too well). But they had a civil war and I lost my chance. So I took it over anyway and governed it into greatness. I then went to Forest, after asking Aftershock that is, because Brad needed good leaders and I knew Aftershock could handle Dustari. I also turned that into a great state (it conquered Dustari).

And before you mention it I - know - that is a difference character...I am not 'meta gaming' though as you always spoke AS ZURKIBA on TAG and IC while sitting on the Dustari throne, (when the king was not around) talking about your glorious exploits.

--
AS FOR ME BEING ON A BLACKLIST:
Ed can change the blacklist as he sees fit. Seeing how if I was put on one, it would be because of bias without proof.

Because Zurkiba The Saint could Never Do Wrong? Give me a break. You have made more than one power hungry grab and I have personally witnessed your exile for your own actions.

--
LEARN TO ROLEPLAY:
You cant metagame and call it roleplaying. You cant use PMs and call it IC (unless it was designated as a letter or a fake courier brought it to you). AIM Conversations are not IC. The only IC things are actual in game text, written documents, and the occasional PM.

Back at ya buddy. You are the only person I know of that harasses people by abusing a global tag, gets added into other kingdoms, so you can get into the Dustari castle and camp there pretending to be a Dustarian and calls it roleplaying.

Metagaming is when you use that OOC information to determine IC actions. That is what you did. As far as your character is concerned Duke Zurkiba Warhare is the elder war hero of Dustari, House of the Admiral, Duke of the Northern Fief, and Commander of the Northern Militia.

Zurkiba Warhare was exiled in disgrace long ago. He abandoned his lands, and at times 'channeled' Erik for no good reason while pining for conquest.

Don't tell us how we have to act towards your character dispite your actions ic, I don't tell you that you have to like me or make myself up to be some sort of hero you have to worship.

If Zormite wages war, then we are to believe (ICly of course) that the Zormites are backstabers bent on the conquest of the Dustari isles.

Right, and if Canada welcomed Bin Laden as their new Minister of Defense the US would be out of line to get ticked off right?

Its funny how the 'right way' to RP by your standards is always the most self serving way. Get over yourself.

busyrobot
03-25-2005, 09:52 PM
?

He can edit Zormite's blacklist just the same. The issue was that it sounded as if he was trying to start a war because he didnt like how another kingdom was managing their own blacklist, which should be a sovreign right to each kingdom -- so I dont see how your example correlates (Since Graynt is not twisting or bending anything, its his response to Ed's actions which is the center of debate). And I'm still not clear as to whether it was Dustari's blacklist Graynt was mad at Dustari for, or Zormite's blacklist Graynt was mad at Dustari for.

Sorry Zen, its just Zurk's history with Zormite that I think is causing the main stife. Not anything to do with any blacklists. Personally I wouldn't go to war over the fellow, but I understand why it bothers Zormite so much that he is in Dustari.

What amazes me is that you actually believe yourself, and that somewhere along the road you started to dislike me, and I still havent figured out why. I did not judge you as being the ProjectShifter type: you hold grudges even after people appologize the best they can and try to burry the hatchet over and over. You just didnt like my input, ever, even when it was in private.

In Wren's defense, you can at times have a bit of 'anxious father syndome' when it comes to Zormite, and I don't think there is any dislike - just its a bit frustrating when you get anxious over some of the smaller changes. I don't think there is any PSing going on.

Look, I'm all for Graynt being Dictator. I was really pleased with his opening announcement, it gave me a stellar first impression, and I knew from then he was capable. His decision to break ties with Dustari so early on is a topic well worth examining, and I'm sure Graynt felt the same way (that its a topic well worth discussing) or else he wouldnt have made a open thread about it in this forum where he knew his position would more than likely be questioned by at least a few. Every good leader benefits from criticism, and from opinions from multiple points of view. Thats a lesson some people figure out....and others dont so much, Wren.

And I'm not trying to "remotely lead" anything, I just chime in when topics come up that I have strong feelings for, thats unfair to get pissed at me for that. You have to understand where I'm comming from.

I just think Zen, sometimes you jump the gun and assume the worst. For instance, this affair has nothing to do with the blacklist, its about Zurk's actions in the past and recent present towards Zormite and many people in Dustari.
I still think its fair to critisize Zormite, but you should find out and understand the details before jumping to conclusions.

GoZelda
03-25-2005, 09:58 PM
In allowing a blacklisted member to join his ranks, he shows the disrespect he truly holds for Zormite.
Well (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=770383&page=2&pp=15&highlight=zurkiba) spoken (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46345&highlight=zurkiba).

GoZelda
03-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Dustari and Zormite leaders HAD an arrangement regarding respect of their blacklists.
Zormite's blacklist hasn't been updated for quite a while now - you can see that because the grammar and spelling I use in it is horrible. And hey, guess what? There's no freaking Zurkiba on Zormite's blacklist, nor on Dustari's.

Congratulations Zormite Dictators! You've proven to be ignorant once again!

How the hell can you start a war over something that's not even true? Besides, you have a Ministry of Information. What do they do there? Are they too stupid/inactive to do a damned forum search?

I think this case is settled. The new Dictator of Zormite is incompetent and can't use a simple forum function, and starts war over things that aren't true.

busyrobot
03-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Zormite's blacklist hasn't been updated for quite a while now - you can see that because the grammar and spelling I use in it is horrible. And hey, guess what? There's no freaking Zurkiba on Zormite's blacklist, nor on Dustari's.

Not every player makes it on the blacklist thread who is blacklisted, especially when the player's behavior is well known among the leaders.

How the hell can you start a war over something that's not even true? Besides, you have a Ministry of Information. What do they do there? Are they too stupid/inactive to do a damned forum search?

I can attest he was blacklisted, and for just cause. Zormite is angry over Zurk and what he has in fact done, not on a misguided 'his name is in a specific thread' reason.

I think this case is settled. The new Dictator of Zormite is incompetent and can't use a simple forum function, and starts war over things that aren't true.

All hail Cyrin Matlock :rolleyes:
Perhaps you can examine Zurkiba's actions, the reasons why he was kicked out of Dustari, and Zormite fairly recently, and maybe you'll have enough facts not to sound so way off when you speak?

GoZelda
03-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Not every player makes it on the blacklist thread who is blacklisted, especially when the player's behavior is well known among the leaders.
Then you can't blame Ed for allowing Zurkiba into the kingdom although he was blacklisted, now can you?

All hail Cyrin Matlock
HEIL! ^^

csod123
03-26-2005, 12:18 AM
i am banned from samurai but i am not on the black list. i was told by nanoko(i apologize for spelling) her self i was going to be blacklisted, i even went on thier black list page to joke about it but it wasn't documented infront of me. i may not know zurkiba as long as you all but he seems pretty decent.and thier is the chance of redemption.

busyrobot
03-26-2005, 12:19 AM
Then you can't blame Ed for allowing Zurkiba into the kingdom although he was blacklisted, now can you?

There is more to spotting bad players than looking in a blacklist, given that staff disconnected Zurk trying to get him out of the castle...I can't even remember how many times, and the other abuses he did - his reputation should not have been that hard to uncover.

I just think Zurk's addition was unfortunate, but I am still on Dustari and wouldn't go to war over the guy. I feel he'll get himself removed soon enough, its in his nature to do so.

GoZelda
03-26-2005, 12:22 AM
There is more to spotting bad players than looking in a blacklist, given that staff disconnected Zurk trying to get him out of the castle...I can't even remember how many times, and the other abuses he did - his reputation should not have been that hard to uncover.
Still, my point remains valid. Zurkiba is not blacklisted, so there's no way in hell a war can be started over Dustari adding the guy.

csod123
03-26-2005, 12:29 AM
thats what he is saying he doesn't want a war, but he understands why we are upset. if we get in a war with Dustari we are screwed.

Zurkiba
03-26-2005, 12:47 AM
I dont care to argue... it would be similiar if I knew my teacher would give me a zero on a project, no matter what I did, and I worked long and hard on it. Just doesn't make any sense.

So ol', all knowing Padren. You mention my actions over and over. Please explain these actions to me

YOU LEFT DUSTARI:
I was removed from Dustari because Tseng removed two people, including Larrien, for the OOC comment of "Tseng should be on more often", and I protested it... OOCly of course. You should be glad I even roleplayed a small exit. And if I do recall, later you staged a revolt, in which I would have returned and would've been accepted with open arms.

YOU CAMPED IN THE CASTLE:
No, I went into the castle as a Duke of Dustari to roleplay with Zoe. In which she insulted me.

--

That aside... what have I done against Zormite? Nothing!
What have I done against Dustari? Nothing!
What have I done against people such as yourself? Nothing!

So Padren, I'm going to paraphrase you here to simply say
"stop being an obstructionist."

Maybe you should check your misunderstood concepts and explore the buffer analogy... seems to make more sense for the concept you are trying to apply.

How about next week when your class gets to the explantion about Pangea you can talk about the kingdoms in that context and give us a nice explanation about how they formed, all mighty ROI.

Learn to Roleplay please. There is -no way- that the island of Forest only has two people on it. Every kingdom has an invisible citizenry, army, and navy.

busyrobot
03-26-2005, 02:14 AM
I dont care to argue... it would be similiar if I knew my teacher would give me a zero on a project, no matter what I did, and I worked long and hard on it. Just doesn't make any sense.

So ol', all knowing Padren. You mention my actions over and over. Please explain these actions to me

YOU LEFT DUSTARI:
I was removed from Dustari because Tseng removed two people, including Larrien, for the OOC comment of "Tseng should be on more often", and I protested it... OOCly of course. You should be glad I even roleplayed a small exit. And if I do recall, later you staged a revolt, in which I would have returned and would've been accepted with open arms.

YOU CAMPED IN THE CASTLE:
No, I went into the castle as a Duke of Dustari to roleplay with Zoe. In which she insulted me.

--

That aside... what have I done against Zormite? Nothing!
What have I done against Dustari? Nothing!
What have I done against people such as yourself? Nothing!

So Padren, I'm going to paraphrase you here to simply say
"stop being an obstructionist."

If I said 'you left Dustari' I am sorry, I should have said you were thown out. After your dismissal you were still not welcome in Dustari, for various reasons. , not the least of which was your continuing hostility towards Zormite and pretty much everyone you disagreed with.

With your 'roleplaying' fiasco when you castle camped....why is it that you just couldn't get the message that you are not a duke anymore accept it even when staff told you to stop distrupting the events?

Don't you think that if I was to go try to 'rp' on forest as their king, that maybe I would not be 'well received' and just perhaps, it would be because I was acting like an idiot?

Is that explained to your satisfaction?

Zurkiba
03-26-2005, 02:58 AM
If I said 'you left Dustari' I am sorry, I should have said you were thown out. After your dismissal you were still not welcome in Dustari, for various reasons. , not the least of which was your continuing hostility towards Zormite and pretty much everyone you disagreed with.

With your 'roleplaying' fiasco when you castle camped....why is it that you just couldn't get the message that you are not a duke anymore accept it even when staff told you to stop distrupting the events?

Don't you think that if I was to go try to 'rp' on forest as their king, that maybe I would not be 'well received' and just perhaps, it would be because I was acting like an idiot?

Is that explained to your satisfaction?
What reasons? You keep saying I have done bad actions against Dustari, bad actions against Zormite. Yet you cant support your claims.

No staff told me to "stop distrupting events". I was roleplaying as my character none the less.

Considering that my character was never removed as Duke, nor were his lands actually taken from him, I do believe I have full right to claim my land and retain the title of Duke.

busyrobot
03-26-2005, 06:48 AM
Considering that my character was never removed as Duke, nor were his lands actually taken from him, I do believe I have full right to claim my land and retain the title of Duke.

What does it take for you to accept that you were removed as Duke and your lands were taken from you?

Raziel Venmyr, His Grace the Duke of Borea held 'your' position long after your absense, in which much of your former lands rest. You were disgraced, removed, gone, history, and all but forgotten. Why can't you accept that?

We even considered at one time letting you come back, but you felt physcially ill at the idea of being in a Dustari that was allied with Zormite. I made that offer to you myself and you decided not to return.

But please, tell us, here and now, what exactly would you have considered 'notice' of your removal as Duke from Dustari? Not when you were removed and stripped of that rank of course, nor when other people filled your previous rank, nor when you were told by the leaders of the kingdom told you those lands had since been reclaimed, nor when you were told you were not welcome to disrupt events of actual members of the kingdom - please, do tell us what exactly happened that made this all 'fuzzy' for you? How did you fail to comprehend? And please, let us know how all this equates to 'good roleplaying' on your part, I am sure it will be interesting.

MasterNuke
03-26-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm still wondering why none of you actually gave me any examples and facts to why he was bad. You just kept saying he was bad. O.o All except for one bad thing he did, I heard about indirectly. Why do you spare me the much needed information?

Zurkiba
03-26-2005, 03:22 PM
What does it take for you to accept that you were removed as Duke and your lands were taken from you?

Raziel Venmyr, His Grace the Duke of Borea held 'your' position long after your absense, in which much of your former lands rest. You were disgraced, removed, gone, history, and all but forgotten. Why can't you accept that?

We even considered at one time letting you come back, but you felt physcially ill at the idea of being in a Dustari that was allied with Zormite. I made that offer to you myself and you decided not to return.

But please, tell us, here and now, what exactly would you have considered 'notice' of your removal as Duke from Dustari? Not when you were removed and stripped of that rank of course, nor when other people filled your previous rank, nor when you were told by the leaders of the kingdom told you those lands had since been reclaimed, nor when you were told you were not welcome to disrupt events of actual members of the kingdom - please, do tell us what exactly happened that made this all 'fuzzy' for you? How did you fail to comprehend? And please, let us know how all this equates to 'good roleplaying' on your part, I am sure it will be interesting.
Hello!
Main Entry: hel·lo
Pronunciation: h&-'lO, he-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural hellos
Etymology: alteration of hollo
: an expression or gesture of greeting -- used interjectionally in greeting, in answering the telephone, or to express surprise

Please
Main Entry: 1please
Pronunciation: 'plEz
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): pleased; pleas·ing
Etymology: Middle English plesen, from Middle French plaisir, from Latin placEre; akin to Latin placare to placate and perhaps to Greek plak-, plax flat surface -- more at FLUKE
intransitive senses
1 : to afford or give pleasure or satisfaction
2 : LIKE, WISH <do as you please>
3 archaic : to have the kindness <will you please to enter the carriage -- Charles ****ens>
transitive senses
1 : to give pleasure to : GRATIFY
2 : to be the will or pleasure of <may it please your Majesty>
- pleas·er /'plE-z&r/ noun

Learn
Main Entry: learn
Pronunciation: 'l&rn
Inflected Form(s): learned /'l&rnd, 'l&rnt/; learn·ing
Etymology: Middle English lernen, from Old English leornian; akin to Old High German lernEn to learn, Old English last footprint, Latin lira furrow, track
transitive senses
1 a (1) : to gain knowledge or understanding of or skill in by study, instruction, or experience <learn a trade> (2) : MEMORIZE <learn the lines of a play> b : to come to be able <learn to dance> c : to come to realize <learned that honesty paid>
2 a nonstandard : TEACH b obsolete : to inform of something
3 : to come to know : HEAR <we just learned that he was ill>
intransitive senses : to acquire knowledge or skill or a behavioral tendency
synonym see DISCOVER
- learn·able /'l&r-n&-b&l/ adjective
- learn·er noun

To
Main Entry: 1to
Pronunciation: t&, tu, 'tü
Function: preposition
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English tO; akin to Old High German zuo to, Latin donec as long as, until
1 a -- used as a function word to indicate movement or an action or condition suggestive of movement toward a place, person, or thing reached <drove to the city> <went back to the original idea> b -- used as a function word to indicate direction <a mile to the south> <turned his back to the door> <a tendency to silliness> c -- used as a function word to indicate contact or proximity <applied polish to the table> <put her hand to her heart> d (1) -- used as a function word to indicate the place or point that is the far limit <100 miles to the nearest town> (2) -- used as a function word to indicate the limit of extent <stripped to the waist> e -- used as a function word to indicate relative position <perpendicular to the floor>
2 a -- used as a function word to indicate purpose, intention, tendency, result, or end <came to our aid> <drink to his health> b -- used as a function word to indicate the result of an action or a process <broken all to pieces> <go to seed> <to their surprise, the train left on time>
3 -- used as a function word to indicate position or relation in time: as a : BEFORE <five minutes to five> b : TILL <from eight to five> <up to now>
4 -- used as a function word to indicate addition, attachment, connection, belonging, possession, accompaniment, or response <the key to the door> <danced to live music> <comes to her call>
5 -- used as a function word (1) to indicate the extent or degree (as of completeness or accuracy) <loyal to a man> <generous to a fault> or the extent and result (as of an action or a condition) <beaten to death> (2) to indicate the last or an intermediate point of a series <moderate to cool temperatures>
6 a -- used as a function word (1) to indicate a relation to one that serves as a standard <inferior to her earlier works> (2) to indicate similarity, correspondence, dissimilarity, or proportion <compared him to a god> b -- used as a function word to indicate agreement or conformity <add salt to taste> <to my knowledge> c -- used as a function word to indicate a proportion in terms of numbers or quantities <400 to the box> <odds of ten to one>
7 a -- used as a function word (1) to indicate the application of an adjective or a noun <agreeable to everyone> <attitude to friends> <title to the property> (2) to indicate the relation of a verb to its complement or to a complementary element <refers to the traditions> <refers us to the traditions> (3) to indicate the receiver of an action or the one for which something is done or exists <spoke to his mother> <gives a dollar to the man> and often used with a reflexive pronoun to indicate exclusiveness (as of possession) or separateness <had the house to themselves> <thought to herself> b -- used as a function word to indicate agency <falls to his opponent's blows>

Read
Main Entry: 1read
Pronunciation: 'rEd
Inflected Form(s): read /'red/; read·ing /'rE-di[ng]/
Etymology: Middle English reden to advise, interpret, read, from Old English r[AE]dan; akin to Old High German rAtan to advise, Sanskrit rAdhnoti he achieves, prepares
transitive senses
1 a (1) : to receive or take in the sense of (as letters or symbols) especially by sight or touch (2) : to study the movements of (as lips) with mental formulation of the communication expressed (3) : to utter aloud the printed or written words of <read them a story> b : to learn from what one has seen or found in writing or printing c : to deliver aloud by or as if by reading; specifically : to utter interpretively d (1) : to become acquainted with or look over the contents of (as a book) (2) : to make a study of <read law> (3) : to read the works of e : to check (as copy or proof) for errors f (1) : to receive and understand (a voice message) by radio (2) : UNDERSTAND, COMPREHEND
2 a : to interpret the meaning or significance of <read palms> b : FORETELL, PREDICT <able to read his fortune>
3 : to recognize or interpret as if by reading: as a : to learn the nature of by observing outward expression or signs <reads him like a book> b : to note the action or characteristics of in order to anticipate what will happen <a good canoeist reads the rapids> <a golfer reading a green>; also : to predict the movement of (a putt) by reading a green c : to anticipate by observation of an opponent's position or movement <read a blitz>
4 a : to attribute a meaning to (as something read) : INTERPRET <how do you read this passage> b : to attribute (a meaning) to something read or considered <read a nonexistent meaning into her words>
5 : to use as a substitute for or in preference to another word or phrase in a particular passage, text, or version <read hurry for harry> -- often used to introduce a clarifying substitute for a euphemistic or misleading word or phrase <a friendly, read nosy, coworker>
6 : INDICATE <the thermometer reads zero>
7 : to interpret (a musical work) in performance
8 a : to acquire (information) from storage; especially : to sense the meaning of (data) in recorded and coded form -- used of a computer or data processor b : to read the coded information on (as a floppy disk)
intransitive senses
1 a : to perform the act of reading words : read something b (1) : to learn something by reading (2) : to pursue a course of study
2 a : to yield a particular meaning or impression when read b : to be readable or read in a particular manner or to a particular degree <this book reads smoothly>

My
Main Entry: my
Pronunciation: 'mI, m&
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English mIn, from mIn, suppletive genitive of ic I; akin to Old English mE me
1 : of or relating to me or myself especially as possessor, agent, or object of an action <my car> <my promise> <my injuries>
2 -- used interjectionally to express surprise and sometimes reduplicated <my oh my> -- used also interjectionally with names of various parts of the body to express doubt or disapproval <my foot>

Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French poste relay station, courier, from Old Italian posta relay station, from feminine of posto, past participle of porre to place, from Latin ponere -- more at POSITION
1 obsolete : COURIER
2 archaic a : one of a series of stations for keeping horses for relays b : the distance between any two such consecutive stations : STAGE
3 chiefly British a : a nation's organization for handling mail; also : the mail handled b : a single dispatch of mail c : POST OFFICE d : POSTBOX

XGoLink
03-26-2005, 04:01 PM
My dictonary is different as yours :O

GoZelda
03-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Hello!

Please

Learn

To

Read

My

fireedragn
03-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Why would Zormite seriously need a good reason to start a war? Why can't they just be announcing that they are invading Dustari because Zurkiba joined, while actually doing it for imperialistic reasons? Since when is it an international crisis when two kingdoms go to war?

A Zormite Dictator finally got the balls to say that he doesn't want to be Dustari's little handservant anymore. And I applaud him for that.

GryffonDurime
03-26-2005, 06:03 PM

Wow, let's think IN CHARACTER for a moment. Forest is a huge, fertile island. Forest can send food to it's allies. Forest contains huge magical potential, and from an In-Character perspective, it has more than it's OOC members.

Wow, isn't it fun to think from a Roleplaying point of view as opposed to game mechanics?

GoZelda
03-26-2005, 06:24 PM
Why would Zormite seriously need a good reason to start a war? Why can't they just be announcing that they are invading Dustari because Zurkiba joined, while actually doing it for imperialistic reasons? Since when is it an international crisis when two kingdoms go to war?

A Zormite Dictator finally got the balls to say that he doesn't want to be Dustari's little handservant anymore. And I applaud him for that.
I doubt that really is the case. It's more of a 'Zoe is not queen anymore and Wren doesn't like Ed' situation, I think.

Zurkiba
03-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Wow, let's think IN CHARACTER for a moment. Forest is a huge, fertile island. Forest can send food to it's allies. Forest contains huge magical potential, and from an In-Character perspective, it has more than it's OOC members.

Wow, isn't it fun to think from a Roleplaying point of view as opposed to game mechanics?
Forest probably has more then any other kingdom out there.

Forest isn't a colony of other kingdoms. It's a fully functional state which has been around for a long time. Longer then Dustari and Zormite.

As for actual IC Imaginary players
Dustari has a good bit, a lot of the citizenry died in Ackbar... but most left after Ackbar.

Zormite has few, The Zormite colony was a military outpost made so that the human kingdoms couldn't surpass them. More people would've stayed in the old lands then would've gone to the new lands.

Samurai has a few, same situation with the Zormites. They would've stayed behind.

Pirates, ARR... they left after Ackbar chasing the Dustarians.

Forest, always been there... had years of peace to grow.

busyrobot
03-27-2005, 03:26 AM
Hello!

Please

Learn

To

Read

My

Cute but it doesn't explain how you think that you get to be a duke after having been kicked out by the leaders of that kingdom.

busyrobot
03-27-2005, 03:31 AM

It is fun to think from a roleplaying point of view over game mechanics, especially when the mechanics tend to be skewed and flawed.

I am curious though, how would you tend to resolve 'differences of opinion' in roleplayed conflicts?

GryffonDurime
03-27-2005, 04:34 AM
It is fun to think from a roleplaying point of view over game mechanics, especially when the mechanics tend to be skewed and flawed.

I am curious though, how would you tend to resolve 'differences of opinion' in roleplayed conflicts?

RP Administrator.

Or a break dancing competition.

busyrobot
03-27-2005, 05:25 AM
Or a break dancing competition.

Oh you better bring it, cause its on.

I was thinking west side story dance off, but...How do you get an impartial RP Administrator? Or those whom stand to loose to abide by what they feel is a wrong RP Administrator? I am kinda pushing the topic only because I think it would be good to resolve it at some point, I think GK really suffers for a lack of how to do wars and conflicts in general.

GoZelda
03-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Cute but it doesn't explain how you think that you get to be a duke after having been kicked out by the leaders of that kingdom.
Yes it does.

busyrobot
03-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Yes it does.

You know when you get kicked out of a kingdom you are not any longer a member of that kingdom, especially when no one in that kingdom wants you there.

What do you think makes Zurk so special that he gets special rules?

GryffonDurime
03-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Oh you better bring it, cause its on.

I was thinking west side story dance off, but...How do you get an impartial RP Administrator? Or those whom stand to loose to abide by what they feel is a wrong RP Administrator? I am kinda pushing the topic only because I think it would be good to resolve it at some point, I think GK really suffers for a lack of how to do wars and conflicts in general.

You get Stefan to finally appoint an RP Admin.

Like he should have done when the server went public.

Even if they're only job is to say- yes, that can happen or no that can't.

LordZen
03-27-2005, 10:50 PM
In Wren's defense, you can at times have a bit of 'anxious father syndome' when it comes to Zormite, and I don't think there is any dislike - just its a bit frustrating when you get anxious over some of the smaller changes. I don't think there is any PSing going on.
No, I've heard alot more than she has said to me personally by 2nd hand accounts and AIM copy-pastes. She doesnt like me. Even threatened to excommunicate me from my own Family once while talking to somebody, I think. :\

I just think Zen, sometimes you jump the gun and assume the worst. For instance, this affair has nothing to do with the blacklist, its about Zurk's actions in the past and recent present towards Zormite and many people in Dustari.
I still think its fair to critisize Zormite, but you should find out and understand the details before jumping to conclusions.
I asked Gyrant to explain himself before I went into anything, and he blamed it on a blacklist issue which I've admitted I am still confused about a little, because he wasnt exactly clear about it in his post.

Nah, Wren unstickied that a long time ago and never maintained it, she updates a seperate blacklist. When it was unstickied I guess it became unofficial, dunno, but as you can see I was the last person to update that blacklist (check last edit date at bottom of the post). There is another Zormite blacklist that is more updated somewhere, I'm sure. I think I've even seen a longer more recent blacklist, myself, but it was made after my time.

You gotta give Wren more credit than that lol, if you went by that blacklist than your saying that there was never a problem with anybody -ever- during the entire length of time since I was the one maintaining a blacklist. Of course they used a different one, the only difference is I wanted mine to be more public.

GoZelda
03-28-2005, 01:01 AM
You know when you get kicked out of a kingdom you are not any longer a member of that kingdom, especially when no one in that kingdom wants you there.
You know that a Duke is a title, right? And that someone who is English from nationality can be a Duke?

What do you think makes Zurk so special that he gets special rules?
Why do you assume this? As stated above, this comment of yours is total bias. You're losing credibility with every post if you go on like this.

busyrobot
03-28-2005, 03:58 AM
You know that a Duke is a title, right? And that someone who is English from nationality can be a Duke?

Why do you assume this? As stated above, this comment of yours is total bias. You're losing credibility with every post if you go on like this.

I was and still am in Dustari, I know when was kicked out, when he told me specifically didn't want to come back (because of the zormite alliance), and when he was absent for such a long time.

We aren't talking about England, we are talking about ranks and positions within a graal kingdom. If you want a high rank, you do the work associated with that rank, both of which Zurk abandoned and his position was filled by active people.

I don't care if Ed says he's a duke now, that is his choice and he can do that, but for him to claim he was somehow a duke the whole time, and that his lands were never abandoned, and that he can equate abusing his global tag to being the only one in the entire kingdom of Dustari roleplaying 'right' that he is some celebrated hero of dustari - sorry, he is full of it.

He claims he was never exiled, yet he had a refugee tag in another kingdom before getting kicked out of there too.

The only way Zurk could even consider getting away with this really dumb idea that he has aways been a Duke and never left is to have to have special rules apply to him - and there are none that do.

Hey, you were in Dustari a long time ago too - maybe this way its all everyone else's faults you were removed and you can claim you are still and always were in Dustari - its just everyone else that has been in error.

GoZelda
03-28-2005, 04:15 PM
We aren't talking about England, we are talking about ranks and positions within a graal kingdom. If you want a high rank, you do the work associated with that rank, both of which Zurk abandoned and his position was filled by active people.
I'm sorry, I abruptly ended that line because of some strange loop in my mind. What I ment to say was:
"And that someone who is English from nationality can be a Duke in France?"

He claims he was never exiled, yet he had a refugee tag in another kingdom before getting kicked out of there too.
I doubt the choice of which rank or tag Zurkiba wanted was left to him. Someone gives him a rank, so if he wants to give him the rank of garbageman there isn't much Zurkiba can change about that.

The only way Zurk could even consider getting away with this really dumb idea that he has aways been a Duke and never left is to have to have special rules apply to him - and there are none that do.
Could you be so kind to show me some text file or webpage with all rules? Because else, you don't have any evidence.

Hey, you were in Dustari a long time ago too - maybe this way its all everyone else's faults you were removed and you can claim you are still and always were in Dustari - its just everyone else that has been in error.
I never was removed.

busyrobot
03-28-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm sorry, I abruptly ended that line because of some strange loop in my mind. What I ment to say was:
"And that someone who is English from nationality can be a Duke in France?"

Perhaps, it would depend on the leading authorities on Dukes in France to decide that.

I doubt the choice of which rank or tag Zurkiba wanted was left to him. Someone gives him a rank, so if he wants to give him the rank of garbageman there isn't much Zurkiba can change about that.

He did choose to join the other kingdom and adopt a new rank.

Could you be so kind to show me some text file or webpage with all rules? Because else, you don't have any evidence.

Uh, you're joking right? Are you saying you believe if say, a Paladin is caught scamming and is kicked out of a kingdom, he can run around abusing a global tag to appear as a paladin and claim that everyone in his former kingdom is just 'roleplaying badly' and that he is still a member - that this would somehow be considered a good example of being part of a kingdom?

I never was removed.
Well I don't recall that much about your time in Dustari, sorry if I was mistaken. You have to see how though, given Zurk's view that players cannot ever be removed from a kingdom, unless that player agrees to leave and later doesn't change his mind - that it is impossible to remove scammers, or demote people who don't carry out their rank's responsibilities. The irony is he likes to boast how as Erik he lead forest with an iron hand and kicked people out left and right that did anything out of line. Now he is saying its not ever possible to kick anyone out of any kingdom, for any reason.

GoZelda
03-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Perhaps, it would depend on the leading authorities on Dukes in France to decide that
Probably not.

He did choose to join the other kingdom and adopt a new rank.
So? I bet there are tons of examples out there of royalty and aristocraty who were forced out of their kingdom, got a job as officer or whatever in the army of someone else, and later returned to their kingdom with the same ranks.

Uh, you're joking right? Are you saying you believe if say, a Paladin is caught scamming and is kicked out of a kingdom, he can run around abusing a global tag to appear as a paladin and claim that everyone in his former kingdom is just 'roleplaying badly' and that he is still a member - that this would somehow be considered a good example of being part of a kingdom?
That's something quite different.

You have to see how though, given Zurk's view that players cannot ever be removed from a kingdom, unless that player agrees to leave and later doesn't change his mind - that it is impossible to remove scammers, or demote people who don't carry out their rank's responsibilities. The irony is he likes to boast how as Erik he lead forest with an iron hand and kicked people out left and right that did anything out of line. Now he is saying its not ever possible to kick anyone out of any kingdom, for any reason.
That's different too. I don't think Zurk ever said he wasn't kicked out of Dustari, but that nobody took his title.

csod123
03-30-2005, 03:59 AM
if he abandoned his lands and then goes to another kingdom then he abandones his lands, they should have been up for grabs, why did someone not take them?also this has gone way out of hand.

busyrobot
03-30-2005, 05:47 AM
if he abandoned his lands and then goes to another kingdom then he abandones his lands, they should have been up for grabs, why did someone not take them?also this has gone way out of hand.

He did have his lands officially removed from him and divided to other nobles, we even had another Duke in that region that was his successor. He just wants to say "oh that was just bad roleplaying cuz i r 2 leet 2 evR get kicked out in a good rp I R war hearo"

busyrobot
03-30-2005, 05:55 AM
That's different too. I don't think Zurk ever said he wasn't kicked out of Dustari, but that nobody took his title.

But his title was taken and we had Dukes who lead after him in the Borea area. His Grace the Duke of Borea Raziel Venmyr followed after Zurkiba as the reigning Duke of the Northern Lands.

Also, he is saying he was always a Duke and always a member, and still a Duke, and that it was everyone else who was wrong not to roleplay with him as if he was a member when he was clearly not and just abusing a global tag camped in the castle, against the objections of gk staff.

Nappa
03-30-2005, 06:40 AM
Owned by the system. Now let's turn Zormite back into fish, please, and we'll all be happy.

GoZelda
03-30-2005, 03:31 PM
But his title was taken and we had Dukes who lead after him in the Borea area. His Grace the Duke of Borea Raziel Venmyr followed after Zurkiba as the reigning Duke of the Northern Lands.
What was Zurkiba's exact title? Because else Raziel just took Zurk's duties. Also, why was he kicked and were his titles taken from him?

busyrobot
03-30-2005, 11:27 PM
What was Zurkiba's exact title? Because else Raziel just took Zurk's duties. Also, why was he kicked and were his titles taken from him?

Zurk's exact title was 'Duke' and Raziel's exact title was 'Duke' and they ruled the same areas. We required Dukes to manage garrisons for their towns, and Zurk was long kicked out and not managing anything for anyone. We restructured the Duke lands into three major areas, centered around the three major towns.
At one point, while he was still not a member and not playing GK at all, on the forums he tried to give his lands (ic, as you can't give lands that are your character's away ooc) to Chris, leader of Forest. He was reminded that all lands of a kingdom are first and foremost the kingdom's lands, and that even if his title was still honored, which was long since derelict, transfer to a foreign power of the majority of lands in Dustari would never be tolerated.

I am curious how many celebrated 'war heros' try to transfer lands to foreign powers...it doesn't seem right to me - that must mean I am bad at roleplaying, since it makes perfect sense to Zurk.

csod123
03-31-2005, 01:32 AM
Owned by the system. Now let's turn Zormite back into fish, please, and we'll all be happy.

if we go back into fish you will never touch the sand of another island. either way I would like to see the black list.

Zurkiba
03-31-2005, 02:24 AM
if we go back into fish you will never touch the sand of another island. either way I would like to see the black list.
Zormite is already a fish kingdom.

csod123
03-31-2005, 03:13 AM
we are not a fish kingdom we are fish people.

Debaglio
06-13-2005, 04:33 PM
I would like to see this updated, since the new stores on Zormite have recently been opened.