PDA

View Full Version : Pay-To-Play?

llanafreak44
03-19-2005, 06:56 AM
OMG is it true that graal is soon to be a pay to play mmorpg? If it willbe, i will quit, even though i love graal. I heard this rumor from a freind, wont use names. I surely cant pay 10$ a month to play a game. My internet is worth that much. Im also 14. Too young to get a job. Too young to pay bills. >_<

Brad
03-19-2005, 07:03 AM

ZanderX
03-19-2005, 07:21 AM

Graal already is a pay to play MMORPG, and unix takes a lot of pride in the fact that it's a lot cheaper to play Graal than it is to play most other MMOs.

llanafreak44
03-19-2005, 07:29 AM
Its not necessarlily pay- to -play because you dont have to pay monthly, unless you are VIP of course. I only paid once. I was saying that Everyone, even gold and non-vip memebers would have to pay. That is what i heard.

Zero Hour
03-19-2005, 07:43 AM
Good Lord.

Unpredlctable
03-19-2005, 07:50 AM
OMG is it true that graal is soon to be a pay to play mmorpg? If it willbe, i will quit, even though i love graal. I heard this rumor from a freind, wont use names. I surely cant pay 10$ a month to play a game. My internet is worth that much. Im also 14. Too young to get a job. Too young to pay bills. >_<
Are... are you serious?
Hm. Well... wow.
I haven't heard of anything about making it P2P to continue playing Classic Servers. And it seems no one else has.
So no.
x.x

oinknessx
03-19-2005, 08:17 AM
The continuing downfall of graalonline.....

ZanderX
03-19-2005, 08:22 AM
The continuing downfall of graalonline.....

Yes because completely unsubstantiated rumors constitute the logical decline of a game.

Roll. Eyes.

Zero Hour
03-19-2005, 08:25 AM
Yes because completely unsubstantiated rumors constitute the logical decline of a game.

Roll. Eyes.
I believe he's refering to the author of the thread, not the rumour...

ZanderX
03-19-2005, 08:40 AM
I believe he's refering to the author of the thread, not the rumour...

In which case I could easily substitute a few words in my post for exactly the same point and impact. Foolish opinion.

Zero Hour
03-19-2005, 08:44 AM
Yes, I noticed that the point remained the same... I just thought I should make that clear :P

Lance
03-19-2005, 09:37 AM
Hi! Welcome to Graal.

ThinkDifferent
03-19-2005, 11:49 AM
Oh my God, I had to get up a 330 this morning (Getting ready now) for an airplane trip to Florida (VIVA LA CRUISE!) and this made me laugh hysterically

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Spark910
03-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Its not necessarlily pay- to -play because you dont have to pay monthly, unless you are VIP of course. I only paid once. I was saying that Everyone, even gold and non-vip memebers would have to pay. That is what i heard.
No, it is not going P2P monthly.
And VIP is yearly like most of the other packages.

llanafreak44
03-20-2005, 03:29 AM
ok. Yea i just heard it from this guy who owns the server Dark Rose Online. Dont bother getting in contact with him, he doesnt even go on anymore.

Mitch
03-25-2005, 11:16 PM
First, pay-to-play is not currently and never will be defined as paying monthly. It refers to paying to play a game in general, hence the words. It is almost common sense that you will NEVER have to pay to play a classic server. Look at the # of free players on those servers, look at how many players graal would lose, some of those players who play on a free server have friends that have subscriptions and will most likely quit. Most game's that are pay to play have an economic system, if something were to go wrong money would be lost, which is most likely why they have free classic servers.

Lance, I always appreciate your humor ;p. Unpredictable, in case you didn't know your consideriation of the possiblity is what spreads a rumor... Just making sure you know.

GoZelda
03-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Haha and I thought *person* was stupid/ignorant!

Mitch
03-26-2005, 01:40 AM
I would hope your not suggesting that I am stupid.

GoZelda
03-26-2005, 01:57 AM
I would hope your not suggesting that I am stupid.
No, you should see it as a form:

'And I thought _____________ (insert name here) was stupid/ignorant*.

*scrap the innappropiate.