PDA

View Full Version : Insectoid Aliens

fexii
03-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Ok here the gfx which are important I think:
- insectoid aliens for a special mission, there should be flying monsters and some that walk on the ground. The size should be at least like the player size, maximum twice as high and 4 times as wide as a player.
I'll try to gather all the images people post in this thread and put them in this first entry, since Zone needs a few of these.

Fexii:
1 -- Here's an ani of a simple slime monster to start things off. It's meant to glide along the floor and perhaps poison the enemy.
http://www.vwebnet.com/fexii/fexii-slime1.gif

Gambet
03-18-2005, 09:49 PM
I dont like the image very much. It looks more friendly then aggresive.

fexii
03-18-2005, 10:29 PM
I dont like the image very much. It looks more friendly then aggresive.
Not everything needs to look aggressive to attack, GK being the perfect example (nothin could be cuter than those things :cool: ).

Gambet
03-18-2005, 11:11 PM
Not everything needs to look aggressive to attack, GK being the perfect example (nothin could be cuter than those things :cool: ).

What makes you think GK's monster are any good?

fexii
03-18-2005, 11:16 PM
What makes you think GK's monster are any good?
It's a successful gold server based on monsters. Obviously if the monsters didn't look good it'd be pretty tiresome to play. Despite whatever your opinion may be, GK monsters worked fine

Akoalin
03-19-2005, 12:33 AM
GK's weak monsters are based off of Mana enemies (Mushboom, Rabite, etc.) so of course they look defenseless. I think the blob idea is overused. We need something completely new... a new race, maybe humanoids that have been mutated?

fexii
03-19-2005, 02:13 AM
GK's weak monsters are based off of Mana enemies (Mushboom, Rabite, etc.) so of course they look defenseless. I think the blob idea is overused. We need something completely new... a new race, maybe humanoids that have been mutated?
Hm I could agree that the blob idea is overused. Humanoids that have been mutated is a bit vague, but if anybody wants to post a description of a monster on here I'll be glad to give it a shot.

falco10291029
03-19-2005, 02:26 AM
A space "Dragon"type monster that is basically part dragon, part mutated dragon, part cybernetic, and part fightercraft. And i'm being serious.

Admins
03-19-2005, 03:34 AM
I'll try to gather all the images people post in this thread and put them in this first entry, since Zone needs a few of these.

Fexii:
1 -- Here's an ani of a simple slime monster to start things off. It's meant to glide along the floor and perhaps poison the enemy.
http://www.vwebnet.com/fexii/fexii-slime1.gif

The animation looks quite nice but the monster is too funny somehow

RaabHimself
03-19-2005, 04:23 AM
its got a dolphin face

fexii
03-19-2005, 09:30 PM
its got a dolphin face
haha i think you're right. it's a very cutesy monster, i know. i sorta just scribbled a shape down and tried to see if i could animate the shape into a monster. next time i'll put more thought into its design >_<

maximus_asinus
03-19-2005, 10:01 PM
if you played Super Mario Paint (I think thats what it was called), they had those misquitos in the fly swater game, and thats what I keep thinking they should look like. (or those weird flying bad guys in mario land for regular gameboy).

fexii
03-20-2005, 02:01 AM
hmm well i tried looking around for this, but the game is pretty old so i can't find any images of the mosquitoes in it.

csod123
03-20-2005, 04:26 AM
i am gona elaborate on the insect idea, my "insect" race has the six legs, runs on four, has some development in technolofy and is fast. it was brought by this really advanced race and were used as test subjects, thes "insect" eventually rebelled against thier opressors and took on of thier ships and crash landed on >insert the planet name here<. humans remind them of thier captors but the humans don't know this and believe that these are ruthless animals. there could later be an event were the advanced species come looking for the insect aliens and the insects and humans must work together to beat this new evil.the advanced aliens could have less body strength and be a bit smaller but really fast and strong. how about thier elite fighers be cyborgs.

pacMASTA
03-20-2005, 04:33 AM
I think if this was implemeted they should be small like leaches but come in swarms which would only be able ot be killed by Flame thrower. Which would triger team work cause their could be a map that needs somone to be blasting open a door while keeping leaches away to infiltrate a Rogue Base who have a nucular bomb and are threatening to detinate it they dont get 100,000,000,000$ in the next 12 Hours (Which would be 15 Minutes in R/L)

zim5354
03-20-2005, 07:36 AM
i am gona elaborate on the insect idea, my "insect" race has the six legs, runs on four, has some development in technolofy and is fast. it was brought by this really advanced race and were used as test subjects, thes "insect" eventually rebelled against thier opressors and took on of thier ships and crash landed on >insert the planet name here<. humans remind them of thier captors but the humans don't know this and believe that these are ruthless animals. there could later be an event were the advanced species come looking for the insect aliens and the insects and humans must work together to beat this new evil.the advanced aliens could have less body strength and be a bit smaller but really fast and strong. how about thier elite fighers be cyborgs.

Sounds kinda like the zerg idea only changed, Why not make some like Zerglings?
they have two claws run on ther hind legs and they have like a muzzle with red eyes.

csod123
03-20-2005, 07:28 PM
i wasn't even thinking about star craft, and besides they are completely different from the zerg. zerg were not a developed race, they just operated under the one mind and thier bodies could leech on to things.i just thought this up as i typed, and chances are people are not going to want to group up.

Crono
03-20-2005, 08:00 PM
just make a robot spider, robot fly, etc

GoZelda
03-30-2005, 11:37 PM
Make a human fly. Or something like a mantis. I made something that could serve well below. They can fly, and have mantis scythes to slash, and their legs can be used as claws. They could possibly be made vulnerable to light. I guess these would be more like the less intelligent stupid fighter type, like some people now use watchdogs.

Edit: I made two more monsters and wrote a whole damn lot about them, but the forums decided to be crappy again and delete it.

csod123
03-31-2005, 01:11 AM
cool and amusing ^ ^, i got a lot of ideas, like these cute little purple blobs that have a dolfin face, o wait thats taken. i don't think that is an offensive creature, it could be a little thing that has healing properties.

Akoalin
04-01-2005, 03:09 AM
Here are two sample ideas I had for aliens. They're a bit small, but I do not intend to use them directly.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Nythe/akos_alienwithguns.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Nythe/nythe-bugalien.gif

maximus_asinus
04-01-2005, 03:15 AM
his post
one of the guys sounds like that pokemon. GO SCYTHER.

csod123
04-01-2005, 04:07 AM

i challenge your scyther with my, er um.... thing. i am gona make a scetch of my ideas so that you all can see what i am talking about.

GoZelda
04-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Worst is, you're right. I remember that there was this episode that SCyther was real leet because, unlike a lot of other pokemon, he could see in technicolor.

XGoLink
04-01-2005, 01:27 PM
I remember that there was this episode that SCyther was real leet because, unlike a lot of other pokemon, he could see in technicolor. Thats not true, you never saw that..