PDA

View Full Version : G3/GS2 Bugs.

Velox Cruentus
03-16-2005, 12:25 AM
Gah! I just did erase, and it just cleared my page.

Anyhow! I was finished, so I'll retype. I've found several bugs (and some solutions) to G3 (Graal version 3) and GS2 (New Graal Script).

GS2:
setshape(int,int,int): Doesn't work. Use setshape int,int,int;

shoot: Doesn't work at all. (I really need this!)

player.dir: setplayerdir(int); Should allow player.dir to be read-write.

G3:
old-npcs: client passes through NPCs without setshape. This causes a lot of annoyance because old scripters didn't put it because G2 had images block anyways. Default should have setshape 1,imgwidth,imgheight, unless specified otherwise.

pk-system: G3 can hit G3 and G2, but G2 can't hit G3. Possible Error: G3 triggeractions are CaseSensitive. Thus, G3 clients don't recieve the hit trigger.

Crash-on-login: G3 crashes when it logs into a server. To fix this, disable automapping.

Crash-on-changeserver: G3 crashes when swapping server. Reboot G3 each time.

Decimals: Scripts such as x += 0.5; don't work anymore. A double text with the second this.x + 1,this.y + 1, do not change the position, resulting in total overlapping.

Skyld
03-16-2005, 10:13 AM
GUI scripts don't work after logging onto Graal3D. The only solution is to restart the client.

Admins
03-17-2005, 11:01 PM
I couldn't really found a problem with the mentioned things. There are are some known problems which will be fixed in the version:

- the chat might stop working when switching servers
- you cannot get hurt by players without guild tag if you don't have a guild tag yourself (only on servers using the classic hitpoint system)
- big maps using automapping are causing problems on v2, on v3 they are often crashing the client (depends on the gfx card though). To fix that tempory disable automapping in the gmap itself (NOAUTOMAPPING) or disable automapping in the client options.

Gman4pwnu
03-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Gah! I just did erase, and it just cleared my page.

Anyhow! I was finished, so I'll retype. I've found several bugs (and some solutions) to G3 (Graal version 3) and GS2 (New Graal Script).

GS2:
setshape(int,int,int): Doesn't work. Use setshape int,int,int;

shoot: Doesn't work at all. (I really need this!)

player.dir: setplayerdir(int); Should allow player.dir to be read-write.

G3:
old-npcs: client passes through NPCs without setshape. This causes a lot of annoyance because old scripters didn't put it because G2 had images block anyways. Default should have setshape 1,imgwidth,imgheight, unless specified otherwise.

pk-system: G3 can hit G3 and G2, but G2 can't hit G3. Possible Error: G3 triggeractions are CaseSensitive. Thus, G3 clients don't recieve the hit trigger.

Crash-on-login: G3 crashes when it logs into a server. To fix this, disable automapping.

Crash-on-changeserver: G3 crashes when swapping server. Reboot G3 each time.

Decimals: Scripts such as x += 0.5; don't work anymore. A double text with the second this.x + 1,this.y + 1, do not change the position, resulting in total overlapping.

thanks for crash on login! I was wondering how i could make g3 work with era!

falco10291029
03-18-2005, 12:21 AM
Oh yeah that solution for guiscripts made the scripted rc work for me, i always launched g3 by loading graal3d from g2, :-P

Skyld
03-18-2005, 12:32 AM
Oh yeah that solution for guiscripts made the scripted rc work for me, i always launched g3 by loading graal3d from g2, :-P
Well, I personally much prefer Graal 3, so I don't use that. I just found it odd that GUI scripts don't work post-Graal3D.

Rick
03-18-2005, 01:48 AM
I couldn't really found a problem with the mentioned things. There are are some known problems which will be fixed in the version:

- you cannot get hurt by players without guild tag if you don't have a guild tag yourself (only on servers using the classic hitpoint system)
- big maps using automapping are causing problems on v2, on v3 they are often crashing the client (depends on the gfx card though). To fix that tempory disable automapping in the gmap itself (NOAUTOMAPPING) or disable automapping in the client options.setshape definitly doesn't work on my playerworld.

falco10291029
03-18-2005, 02:02 AM
Any idea why on Elemental kingdoms for g3 my character jumps (z increases with their arms up, then the z decreases) but not on g2? I looked to make sure I didn't have a clientside gs2 script (only explanation I can think of) but there wasn't one.

Velox Cruentus
03-18-2005, 02:59 AM

- big maps using automapping are causing problems on v2, on v3 they are often crashing the client (depends on the gfx card though). To fix that tempory disable automapping in the gmap itself (NOAUTOMAPPING) or disable automapping in the client options.

Hrm -- I heard you wanted to talk to me. Whenever you do, I could show you how they are not working.

Admins
03-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Setshape is working perfectly, shoot too, using it a lot on Zone. Eventually post some script parts.
Older versions of the npcserver couldn't access playerz/player.z, but that has been fixed some weeks ago.

Velox Cruentus
03-18-2005, 08:52 PM
This sums it.

//#CLIENTSIDE
function onWeaponfired()
{
this.angle := playerdir==3?0:(playerdir+1)*1.57;
this.angle += random(-this.defprop[6],this.defprop[6]);
player.chat := "Bang!";

this.x := this.defprop[9][player.dir][0] + vecx(player.dir)*random(-this.defprop[6],this.defprop[6]);
this.y := this.defprop[9][player.dir][1] + vecy(player.dir)*random(-this.defprop[6],this.defprop[6]);

shoot player.x-this.x,player.y-this.y,player.z,this.angle,0,0,era_shotgun-bullet,;
shoot(player.x-this.x,player.y-this.y,player.z,this.angle,0,0,"era_shotgun-bullet.gani","");
}

That goes doesn't work. The player does say "Bang", but no projectile.

function onCreated(){
setshape(1,32,32);
}

That doesn't work as well.

EDIT:

Apparently, Shoot works, though that projectile in particular doesn't work. So! I'll find the solution on my own. -- -- Found it. I don't know what was the problem, however. I do believe it's just the using this.x and this.y in weapons are read-only. Thus my projectiles didn't go well.

Admins
03-20-2005, 03:52 AM
"this.x" and "this.y" are redirecting to "x" and "y" and are special for weapons, so I wouldn't use them for storring temporary data. For the shoot command don't add the ".gani" to the ani parameter (the last 2 parameters are exactly like for the setani/setcharani commands).
The setshape should work though, its working on Zone, otherwise you couldn't use the teleporters. I can check it again if I have time though.

Evil_Trunks
03-20-2005, 05:22 AM
"this.x" and "this.y" are redirecting to "x" and "y" and are special for weapons, so I wouldn't use them for storring temporary data. For the shoot command don't add the ".gani" to the ani parameter (the last 2 parameters are exactly like for the setani/setcharani commands).
The setshape should work though, its working on Zone, otherwise you couldn't use the teleporters. I can check it again if I have time though.
try it clientside, it should be creating a blockable region of the specified area but it does not for me

function onCreated() {
setimg("block.png");
}
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {
setshape(1,64,64);
}

the blockable region should extend past the block image by 2 tiles

Gman4pwnu
03-23-2005, 06:33 AM
seems my snake game has problems with graal3...

LoadedSwift
04-03-2005, 03:22 AM
Yeah, Graal3 and gscript2 definately have static with one another.
(Movement system was noticed automatically.)
http://img90.exs.cx/img90/1532/g3fkup6sd.png
http://img157.exs.cx/img157/4341/g3fkup24he.th.png (http://img157.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img157&image=g3fkup24he.png)

I'm sure that the old(smooth moving, no lag) version won't be fixed, But I decided I'd give it a shot for the hell of it.