PDA

View Full Version : Shotguns

Akoalin
03-09-2005, 03:05 AM
They're ticking me off. 2 hits ko plus they freeze you.

3 options:

1.) Reduce the number of bullets

2.) Drastically reduce damage

3.) Spread the bullets out and increase reload time (maybe reloading after every shot?).

I'm sure everyone would be thankfull if they're modified to be a normal gun and not a weapon of mass destruction.

Gambet
03-09-2005, 03:11 AM
Was this not discussed before?

The shotgun is fine. If you get really close to someone with a shotgun, well, thats not very bright of you. Keep your distance, and just keep firing at the person holding the shotgun. I rarely die because of shotguns, most of the times when they kill me, its when im getting teamed by like 5 others and I have no space to dodge the bullets.

csod123
03-09-2005, 03:17 AM
i run inbetween bullets and circle around them firind at thier back, i have no pride when i play games.

Akoalin
03-09-2005, 03:18 AM
It's a fricken WMD. I'm sorry we're not all "perfect" like you. Ask anyone but someone who uses a shotgun. They'll all tell you that they're overpowered. It is possible to beat someone with a shotgun, but that's because the only people using shotguns are new recruits. If Siwin, you, or myself were to use them there would be no stopping us.

Gambet
03-09-2005, 03:20 AM
It's a fricken WMD. I'm sorry we're not all "perfect" like you. Ask anyone but someone who uses a shotgun. They'll all tell you that they're overpowered. It is possible to beat someone with a shotgun, but that's because the only people using shotguns are new recruits. If Siwin, you, or myself were to use them there would be no stopping us.

Only classes I use/can use are:

Commando
Commander

I cant play with the speed(s) of the other classes, so if I chose a class with a shotgun, well, I wouldnt be as good.

csod123
03-09-2005, 03:23 AM
a weapon in the right hands can always be unstoppable.

Kaimetsu
03-09-2005, 03:24 AM
a weapon in the right hands can always be unstoppable.

What if your opponent also has "the right hands"?

Akoalin
03-09-2005, 03:27 AM
New Recruits generically aren't "the right hands". Usually they're only playing so their team to win... and they'll do anything (lameing) to win.

csod123
03-09-2005, 03:34 AM
What if your opponent also has "the right hands"?

flip a coin

MasterNuke
03-09-2005, 04:15 AM
Your sudgestion pretty much turns the heavy infantry class into the sitting duck class.

Akoalin
03-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Your sudgestion pretty much turns the heavy infantry class into the sitting duck class.
Are you saying Chaingun, Rocket Launcher, Mortar, Enhanced Pulsar, and KR90 are useless?

Crono
03-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Are you saying Chaingun
yes

Rocket Launcher

If you're poor like me

Mortar
pretty much

Enhanced Pulsar
with that slow ass speed yeah

, and KR90 are useless?

yeah :D

Akoalin
03-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Chaingun (extremely fast and deadly), KR 90 (bullets do alot of damage), and Enhanced Pulsar (too fast x.x) are all great weapons. I never use rocketlaunchers or mortars though. Mortars are for invading bases that are swarming with people.

csod123
03-10-2005, 12:31 AM
kr90 owns, i am in love with it.

MasterNuke
03-10-2005, 12:45 AM
We're talking about Zone here... a game where all the other players just rush in and kill as many people as they can. I usually have to lure the enemies on to other players in order to get a chance to use heavy weapons, which doesn't always work. So most of the time, I'm using a shotgun for support fire.

Crono
03-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Chaingun (extremely fast and deadly)

Shoot it once and you have to re-do the startup thingy

KR 90 (bullets do alot of damage)

Isnt this the one that only fires like 3 bullets at a time?

and Enhanced Pulsar (too fast x.x)

Meh, it's decent.

Mortars are for invading bases that are swarming with people.

Stefan's guide says it only does 20 damage so meh...

Akoalin
03-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Shoot it once and you have to re-do the startup thingy

That's why you start firing as soon as someone is in range.

Isnt this the one that only fires like 3 bullets at a time?

2 bursts kill most.

Meh, it's decent.

It's one of the best weapons. you can just keep firing at someone and they won't be able to move. Plus it shoots 4 bullets (pulses) at once.

Stefan's guide says it only does 20 damage so meh...

That's why you fire about 6 at one base.

Crono
03-10-2005, 11:04 PM
That's why you start firing as soon as someone is in range.

its quiet easy to hit someone once you know.

2 bursts kill most.

rofl if you get hit by them XD

It's one of the best weapons. you can just keep firing at someone and they won't be able to move. Plus it shoots 4 bullets (pulses) at once.

Ok so one good weapon...-_-

That's why you fire about 6 at one base.

It's not that hard to get the hell out of the way. Plus it only shoots left and right, not up and down.

csod123
03-11-2005, 12:39 AM
the only good thing about the mortar is it's splash attack, rocket launcher sucks, people move to fast for it, chaingun is only good at a distance.

falco10291029
03-12-2005, 12:27 AM
but that's because the only people using shotguns are new recruits.

Wrong, I'm soldier rank but almost always use shotgun. The fact is that it sucks ass if the enemy isnt stupid enough to let you get close to them. However, I use it because most people (probably you) are stupid enough to be killed by one.