PDA

View Full Version : Ranks of Darkness

MasterNuke
03-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Well... it is come to my attention that Dustari needs to be seen as more of a Kingdom, and less of a steriotype. To make things a little more interesting... I may or may not add another tree of ranks. This tree of ranks are ranks of evil and darkness, thieves and bandits, etc. The special thing about these ranks is that it is exempt from the blacklist.

It looks something like this...
Dark Knight
-Executioner
--Myrmidon
-Assassin
--Marauder
-Warlock
--Necromancer
-Bandit Lord
--Bandit
---Ruffian
---Thief

GoZelda
03-08-2005, 10:37 PM
But then Dustari wouldn't be like the USA anymore, you know... Police officer of the world =(

Haha but anyway that's good. Now it's not like some *****cat 'light' and 'good' kingdom, but a normal one.

XGoLink
03-08-2005, 10:44 PM
But then Dustari wouldn't be like the USA anymore, you know... Police officer of the world =(

Ha ha ha, go check out the movie 'Team America'

Raziel
03-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Hmm cheesy idea xD

XGoLink
03-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Change yer signature, you were demoted :D

GoZelda
03-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Hmm, perhaps this is a good idea...
Perhaps it's a good idea not to break the tree structure.

Raziel
03-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Change yer signature, you were demoted :D
Silence! I wasn't demoted...

Evil_Lord_Sparda
03-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Perhaps it's a good idea not to break the tree structure.

Or perhaps the tree structure should be banned!
Anyway, Dustari's always had the taint of evil in it.. :cool: Guess it's time they openly admitted to it.

XGoLink
03-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Anyway, Dustari's always had the taint of evil in it..
Wrong ;(

Evil_Lord_Sparda
03-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Wrong ;(

Right. What do you know about the Paladins vs. Necromancers issue early on in Dustari's history?

busyrobot
03-09-2005, 08:48 PM
We've always had Necromancers, its been a respected and feared practice within the Order of Mages.

The question is, what are the laws governing the citizens of Dustari, and how will those of the ranks that are 'evil' be interacted with regarding those laws. If you are a maurader or a bandit lord, are you going to go to the castle for an event alongside the knights and soldiers?

I think Necromancers, Black Knights, Assassins, and executioners would be considered legitimate sanctioned ranks. (Though Assassins should not wear a tag that gives them away, imo. They should be a well trained group whom are set aside by RP traits in the manner they hunt down and kill their victims, their true role unknown to all but their leaders victims.)

The bandits part, would be hard to integrate. There is room for it, but it would be hard, to enforce laws for the law abiding side and yet not harass the bandits when they come to the castle for events and such.

XGoLink
03-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Right. What do you know about the Paladins vs. Necromancers issue early on in Dustari's history? Somebody won?

MasterNuke
03-10-2005, 12:09 AM
With new things needing to be controlled, it brings the need for more development. :)

Evil_Lord_Sparda
03-10-2005, 01:44 AM
Somebody won?

It was actually the Necromancers. Just demonstrating my point. :whatever:

MasterNuke
03-16-2005, 06:52 AM
As of now, I believe the Graal Kingdoms community isn't ready for evil ranks yet.

XGoLink
03-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Why not?

csod123
03-16-2005, 05:45 PM
i think it is, it could lead to a great event.

XGoLink
03-16-2005, 09:19 PM
Dustari is inactive, they dont host events o-o

meishanli
03-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Dustari is inactive, they dont host events o-o

Argh, you should stop complaining about events. Events this, events that, it does not solve every problem kingdom has. You have really proven that you do not have a single ability of leadership.

...anyway.

It'll be a good idea, to motivate some members Ed. But I can see why you think Graal Kingdoms isn't ready for it yet.

XGoLink
03-16-2005, 10:27 PM
You have really proven that you do not have a single ability of leadership.

Do you? -NO..
Your kingdom is as inactive as hell...

meishanli
03-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Do you? -NO..
Your kingdom is as inactive as hell...

More active than yours. ;)

GryffonDurime
03-16-2005, 11:31 PM
More active than yours. ;)

A droplet of RP trumps a bucket of game mechanicy mush

fireedragn
03-16-2005, 11:51 PM
Those ranks look like they were copied and pasted from the Pirates' own.

I think you guys should just merge or something, because evidently, the Pirates aren't really pirates, and the Dustari aren't really the goody two shoes everyone thought they were.

Just an idea.

GryffonDurime
03-17-2005, 12:30 AM
Those ranks look like they were copied and pasted from the Pirates' own.

I think you guys should just merge or something, because evidently, the Pirates aren't really pirates, and the Dustari aren't really the goody two shoes everyone thought they were.

Just an idea.

The point of the Dark Ranks isnt to say Dustari is evil. It's to say that, from a Roleplaying point of view, Dustari is an island where people live, ruled by a King. Some are good, some are bad. The King may keep the general aura of the kingdom as just and good, but there will always be an unsavory element.

Zurkiba
03-17-2005, 03:24 AM
No, it is impossible to be both Good and Evil. Technically none exist... but none the less... they cant be side by side.

LordZen
03-17-2005, 08:05 AM
As of now, I believe the Graal Kingdoms community isn't ready for evil ranks yet.
lol, I'd say you have that backwards. Its probably always been more ready for evil ranks than it has for good ranks. :rolleyes:

Splke
03-17-2005, 08:34 AM
I don't know why the on-going battle to revive Kingdoms exists.. we all know once I quit it went down the pooper. ;)

But seriously, the ranks LOOK good, but there isn't enough gear to support such a rank, nor is there enough incentive for somebody to RP completly as a Legionare of Darkness, being that "killing" people isn't a good thing to do (PK), and if you try to RP kill somebody they laugh at you and run off.

Graal is too full of immature, game-players to make the mechanics work. You can get togather a group of individuals whom know how to RP, but that is as far as it always go. You can't expect the whole of GK to RP, look at Valikorlia. The server is full of people who supposedively "RP", and yet the ability to power-play and PK is the winner of the overall player action..

If it was scrictly RP, it would be more like a MUD, and not alot of people like those.

Anyways, I'll check in and out every so often on the Kingdoms, but I honestly must admit they are dead.

MasterNuke
03-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Not enough of the right people to make it work. I might just add the ranks anyway though for eye candy.

busyrobot
03-18-2005, 06:42 AM
The point of the Dark Ranks isnt to say Dustari is evil. It's to say that, from a Roleplaying point of view, Dustari is an island where people live, ruled by a King. Some are good, some are bad. The King may keep the general aura of the kingdom as just and good, but there will always be an unsavory element.

Ranks denote positions and professions, and most unsavory elements survive by disguising what they are.

Only 'sanctioned evil' ranks make sense, torturers, executioners, necromancers - anyone who's work is sanctioned by the Crown as nessecary evils. If you want assassins, get people who have a 'Peasant' tag, and have someone train that person RPishly to secretly be an assassin. If you want to have fun with it, when the 'Peasant' has stalked his victim, he can PM someone to quickly change his rank to 'Assassin' and retag...revealing to his victim his true purpose for being there. Still, that is somehwhat clumsy - and tags are not required at all for roleplaying.

It would make more sense, if Dustari was to have an order of Assassins, to have an RP weapon, like a 'Dustari Black Hood Assassin's Blade' that only the head of the assassins can forge, and is given to new assassins. Ensure they are under threat of exile if they draw the blade even for a moment for any reason other than to complete a mission. Let become known to others if you see someone draw this blade on you, they're presence is not accidental.

I am not saying Dustari should have assassins, just that, if you do evil ranks, you need a lot more than '[Assassin|Thief|Con Artist|Doer Of Dasterdly Deeds] Guy Somebody (Dustari)' to do it well, and in some cases, explicit ranks make it harder, not easier to play.

Splke
03-18-2005, 11:19 AM
You would need Staff support, in other words. With a huge limit on what the RP community can do as far as Graal Kingdoms mechanics goes, we're limiting ourselves to this desolate, dead RP community.

GryffonDurime
03-19-2005, 12:24 AM
Ranks denote positions and professions, and most unsavory elements survive by disguising what they are.

Only 'sanctioned evil' ranks make sense, torturers, executioners, necromancers - anyone who's work is sanctioned by the Crown as nessecary evils. .

Uhm...you know people can't actually SEE that rank or name floating just below people's feet, right? Just because it says your an assasin, or a necromancer, or anything else, dosen't mean other Rpers can tell. This is a little rule called metagaming- using OOC knowledge IC.