PDA

View Full Version : Flamethrower

tao_clan1
03-07-2005, 05:00 AM
We all know that flamethrower isn't amongst the best of weapons. So why should it be made worse by it only working close range with 'S'? I think the newest of the two shootin modes for flamethrower should shoot just as far as any other gun to make it fair, it already takes long enough to kill someone with a flamethrower from full health, I really think teh 'S' button flamethrower should shoot as far as the 'D' button and other guns. Then, this would make the 'D' button pretty useless, so what you could do for that is either remove it, or make its fire last longer. Or, you could even make it so that the flames from the 'S' button dont stay on the ground, so that the person will only catch on fire if the flame hits them while in the air, like a bullet. I prefer the second idea myself :)

Gambet
03-07-2005, 05:07 AM
No, I dont agree on this. The regular flamethrower attack is already really long, and it wasnt very useful on
1 v 1, so the "s" attack was created. You were playing pretty lame with the flamethrower "s" attack a few minutes ago tao, so I dont see why you're complaining about it. I think its fine as it is.

tao_clan1
03-07-2005, 05:16 AM
The regular flamethrower attack is already really long, and it wasnt very useful on
1 v 1, so the "s" attack was created.

The 'long' normal attack isn't really long, it's as long as normal bullets. it seems long because it makes one big line, but it's the same distance as most bullets. The 'S' attack isn't very useful in 1on1 because the other person using a gun can just fight from further and they wont get hit because the flames won't reach them, but the bullets will reach the flamethrower person.

You were playing pretty lame with the flamethrower "s" attack a few minutes ago tao, so I dont see why you're complaining about it. I think its fine as it is.

I don't see how I was playing lame with it. We were fighting as a team (isn't teamwork something you wanted for Zone), and I when I wasn't, I was igniting you then running. how else should I kill you with it? That's the only way, as the flames don't do damage anymore once you are already on fire, so I have to wait for the fire to run out before I can hurt you again. So I don't see in what other way I could have been lame, unless you think the entire weapon itself is lame, but I wouldn't see why, as it isn't that good at all :\

Gambet
03-07-2005, 05:18 AM
I don't see how I was playing lame with it. We were fighting as a team (isn't teamwork something you wanted for Zone), and I when I wasn't, I was igniting you then running. how else should I kill you with it? That's the only way, as the flames don't do damage anymore once you are already on fire, so I have to wait for the fire to run out before I can hurt you again. So I don't see in what other way I could have been lame, unless you think the entire weapon itself is lame, but I wouldn't see why, as it isn't that good at all :\

I thought the flames still hurt you when you were on fire? If they dont, then thats pretty stupid. If someone lights me on fire, and they keep on burning me, I'm pretty sure I'll feel the pain, so why not make it like that on Zone also.

Stefan should fix this also.

tao_clan1
03-07-2005, 05:21 AM
Well, I agree with you on that, it normally WOULD hurt. But I think that it would make the flamethrower MUCH stronger, maybe too strong = /. Maybe he could try it, and if it's too strong, he could either change it back or diminish the damage.......but it could be a good idea. :)

Gambet
03-07-2005, 05:23 AM
Well, I agree with you on that, it normally WOULD hurt. But I think that it would make the flamethrower MUCH stronger, maybe too strong = /. Maybe he could try it, and if it's too strong, he could either change it back or diminish the damage.......but it could be a good idea. :)

Well, if this is added, then the damage could be decreased to balance it.

Admins
03-07-2005, 02:50 PM
The advantage of the old attack mode is that its going through walls, so it has some purpose.

Crono
03-07-2005, 06:04 PM
The current flame thrower is fine, stop complaining. I hate it when people always expect the weapons they use to be 100% fine and the best.

tao_clan1
03-07-2005, 10:23 PM
The current flame thrower is fine, stop complaining. I hate it when people always expect the weapons they use to be 100% fine and the best.

Flamethrower is not the weapon that I use. I use appirces. I just tried it out and noticed the big advantage of when you are forced to fight from far. It will never hit the opponent. It's WAY too easy to avoid for the damage that it does. Most weapons that go the same distance as the flamethrower kill in two hits or so, and are more instant. They are mostly explosives. Pipebomb can kill in one hit and covers approximately the same distance as the 'S' mode for flamethrower. So it isn't fair for people to use this weapon to not be able to reach anyone who fights long range, becuase then they don't stand a chance AT ALL.

Gambet
03-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Tao, what you need to understand is that the flamethrower is more of a short range weapon. It isnt really used for 1 v 1, more like for group raids with your fellow teammates. Using flamethrower 1 v 1 while raiding the other teams base is really a death wish (for you). The flamethrower is fine as it is. I find it weird that the flames stop hurting after the person being attacked is on fire, but other then that, its fine.