--Priestess
-Hero
--Swordmaster
---Swordsman
===============
Special Ranks (Like crazy stuff)
===============
-Aegis Mage

*Archmage has choice to add in ranks for different schools/elements of magic .
**hmm... this goes here?

These are a basic layout of ranks... This will be implemented in a few days. For now, they are open to sudgestions and additions (the purpose of posting it here). If you have a special rank that doesn't fit in here, post here or contact me privately.

Edit: Actually, I think I'm gonna put it in tomorrow and just have people bother me to put their rank in later.
Edit2: Added Admiral somewhere...

GryffonDurime
03-07-2005, 12:12 AM
How very minimalist.

Butz
03-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Soo....will I still be the Aegis Mage then?

MasterNuke
03-07-2005, 12:45 AM
Soo....will I still be the Aegis Mage then?
Yea... the point of this thread is to help me figure out who still needs to be stuck in. What is an Aegis Mage anyway?

Edit: nm...
"Aegis Mage:
Limit: 1

The Aegis Mage is from an ancient order of mages, generally dedicated to protection magic, or more specifically, the use of magic to protect and defend a specific ward. An Aegis Mage is a protector of something tangible and real be it kingdom, family or building. The Aegis Mage is a high rank in the Mage hood, is not under the direction of the Arch mage, and may coordinate with the Order as a consultant would.

Duties:
The Aegis Mage often trains many of the apprentices and even wizards of the Mage Orders. Of primary concern is the ultimate safety of whatever is his protection.

GryffonDurime
03-07-2005, 12:52 AM
If I can just blacklist a rank, please?

I'd ask that the rank "Chancellor" be retired.

Benm00t
03-07-2005, 01:03 AM
So King and Queen arn't equal?

GryffonDurime
03-07-2005, 01:28 AM
In reality they weren't. The Queen just bore the King's children and acted as a public figurehead.

busyrobot
03-07-2005, 08:53 AM
In reality they weren't. The Queen just bore the King's children and acted as a public figurehead.

Tell that to Elizabeth The First. ;)

With the ranks, I am happy to see advisor is there. :D

I know the navy is all but non-existant, but there are still ship expansions planned for GK so it may be a good idea to have those ranks. On the whole though I like the rank revamp.

Raziel
03-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Aaahhhhhhh! Ed, you will leave me rankless! What about Cavalier, or what are you planning to do with me lol? Cavalier is/was between Knight and Paladin.

MasterNuke
03-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Aaahhhhhhh! Ed, you will leave me rankless! What about Cavalier, or what are you planning to do with me lol? Cavalier is/was between Knight and Paladin.
A Cavalier is the same thing as a mounted Knight. O.o If it bothers you, would you like to remain a Cavalier?

XGoLink
03-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Cavalier just sounds cooler >.>

Raziel
03-07-2005, 06:13 PM
A Cavalier is the same thing as a mounted Knight. O.o If it bothers you, would you like to remain a Cavalier?

How about you just make me Paladin? Lol just kidding... hmm, well, demotion sucks, but you're right, Cavalier is the same thing... I guess it wouldn't bother me too much. Up to you, Mr. Ed.

busyrobot
03-07-2005, 07:59 PM
I've read in some systems where a cavalier is generally the son of a wealthy noblemen who becomes a knight, whereas a knight is cavilary with a code. There are many ways to go about it though.

GryffonDurime
03-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Tell that to Elizabeth The First. ;)

In every situation there are exceptions. Catherine the Great, etc.

I was speaking in a generality.

MasterNuke
03-08-2005, 04:56 AM
The new ranks will be implemented Tuesday morning.

Zurkiba
03-08-2005, 05:42 PM
When I led the navy, General and Admiral were on the same rank level. I suppose it doesn't matter as long as the Admiral has free reign to do his job without intervention from the General

MasterNuke
03-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Crap... I was a bit late from waking up late... but done.
Paladins have been demoted to Knights for becoming Fallen Paladins and/or inactivity. So the slot is open for -one- Paladin at the moment. You must take an oath of honor to me and an oath of faith to the Cardinal.
Anyone with a blank rank... please contact me.
Also... I will need all the current citizens to specify which gender their RP is so I can put you in the appropriate tree.

Anything bothering anyone, just lemme know.

GryffonDurime
03-09-2005, 03:18 AM
I nominate Antonio for Dustari's Paladin.

MasterNuke
03-09-2005, 05:57 AM
I nominate Antonio for Dustari's Paladin.
There is no nominations. It is whoever steps up and takes the test.

Discharge
03-09-2005, 08:34 AM

I guess I'm retired.

GryffonDurime
03-09-2005, 11:30 PM
There is no nominations. It is whoever steps up and takes the test.

Right, because surely Antonio has yet to prove he understands or live by the Paladin's Code in the least. -_-

MasterNuke
03-09-2005, 11:55 PM

I guess I'm retired.
You haven't been on in freakin forever! As far as I know, you disappeared without a trace. Not even a notice or sign of wanderlust. You have a different rank now that suits you until you return, because some people still recognize you as a Paladin. I demoted all Paladins to Knights because of a bit of a problem.

Discharge
03-10-2005, 03:51 AM
You haven't been on in freakin forever! As far as I know, you disappeared without a trace. Not even a notice or sign of wanderlust. You have a different rank now that suits you until you return, because some people still recognize you as a Paladin. I demoted all Paladins to Knights because of a bit of a problem.

I play odd hours when there is an average less than 15 players online. I'm not fifteen with a lot of time like many of you, I have to work and go to college. I've seen you several times, your usually out-of-character. I play Graal Kingdoms every other night because itís when I have free time on the week days. Past couple of weekends Iíve been on only shortly because of personal affairs. My daily posts in the threads should be an indication I still play Graal.

A Paladin is not a fancy officer rank; itís a way of life. You are getting Paladins confused with the Knights as a military unit in an army. As a senior member, I would expect leniency. Apparently, respect and honor are falling short in the nobles. In addition, simply naming men Paladins as an indication of military status will not be accredited. You achieve Paladinhood by swearing to the code; perform a certain number of good deeds in assistance to the poor, needy, and weak. These include delivering food to the hungry, helping men and women in general tasks. A Paladin needs to pledge fealty to a good church or philosophic movement or organization. It is this pledge that gives the Paladin his power. He can then pledge fealty to a lawful and good government (if one exists) or organization. He can't pledge fealty both to a church and philosophy and he can't pledge fealty to the government alone.

Raziel
03-10-2005, 04:08 AM
I play odd hours when there is an average less than 15 players online. I'm not fifteen with a lot of time like many of you, I have to work and go to college. I've seen you several times, your usually out-of-character. I play Graal Kingdoms every other night because itís when I have free time on the week days. Past couple of weekends Iíve been on only shortly because of personal affairs. My daily posts in the threads should be an indication I still play Graal.

A Paladin is not a fancy officer rank; itís a way of life. You are getting Paladins confused with the Knights as a military unit in an army. As a senior member, I would expect leniency. Apparently, respect and honor are falling short in the nobles. In addition, simply naming men Paladins as an indication of military status will not be accredited. You achieve Paladinhood by swearing to the code; perform a certain number of good deeds in assistance to the poor, needy, and weak. These include delivering food to the hungry, helping men and women in general tasks. A Paladin needs to pledge fealty to a good church or philosophic movement or organization. It is this pledge that gives the Paladin his power. He can then pledge fealty to a lawful and good government (if one exists) or organization. He can't pledge fealty both to a church and philosophy and he can't pledge fealty to the government alone.

Raziel clothes the needy (shoes for noobs program).

MasterNuke
03-10-2005, 11:49 AM
You didn't fall, Antonio. You are merely difficult to locate. I just needed you to acknowledge that you still exist. I set your rank to Wandering Paladin now because you are difficult to locate, but still recognized by others as a Paladin. Before, I dropped you and Tigarus to Knight because I didn't know what either of you did anymore. It seemed you wandered off and Tig didn't really do much Paladin stuff.

Also... a message to all that persue the Paladin title... one slip and you're back to Knight and you don't get a second chance.

Now... back on topic... Does anyone else have any rank problems? There are still quite a few of you on the member list with no rank :/

Edit: BTW... Don't lecture me about time. And me being OOC? That is because I find it inappropriate for me to wear the King tag while randomly doing rediculous non-sense. I like to roleplay, sure... but I also like to be myself.

Discharge
03-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Edit: BTW... Don't lecture me about time. And me being OOC? That is because I find it inappropriate for me to wear the King tag while randomly doing rediculous non-sense. I like to roleplay, sure... but I also like to be myself.

OOC in the days when you were a Lord. I don't know what you have been doing latley these past couple of days.

MasterNuke
03-10-2005, 09:15 PM
OOC in the days when you were a Lord. I don't know what you have been doing latley these past couple of days.

-.- Now you're just dragging this out to bother me. I'm just gonna stop responding. I'm King now. Deal with it.

Discharge
03-10-2005, 09:54 PM
-.- Now you're just dragging this out to bother me. I'm just gonna stop responding. I'm King now. Deal with it.

Your misunderstanding me, I was just saying I would see you but I guess you didn't see me playing Graal Kingdoms. I don't have a problem with you being King.