PDA

View Full Version : Graal Editor

KuJi
03-06-2005, 08:03 PM
I am not sure where this should go, but owell.
Problem: Graal Editor tileobjects. Making new tileobject sets, and adding etc.. It works. But then, after saving it all. It goes into your tileobjects folder like it should. But on the next start of Graal Editor they don't appear as an object set anymore.

jake13jake
03-10-2005, 12:37 AM
I am not sure where this should go, but owell.
Problem: Graal Editor tileobjects. Making new tileobject sets, and adding etc.. It works. But then, after saving it all. It goes into your tileobjects folder like it should. But on the next start of Graal Editor they don't appear as an object set anymore.

Yes, this is a very VERY annoying problem. I'd back up the Tile Objects before you close. If I ever have time I'm going to finish my Tiling Aid script which is the tile editor minus the tileset (I've already done the tileset thing). Anyway, all I've got done is the GUI thing and only in theory because I haven't finished making the actual images for it yet. The fact that there are mouse-hover effects on the buttons means that I needed to use an infinite timeout unlike my tile editor script.

Anyway, I plan on having bucket fill, add tolerance/reset, predefined objects (though you'll have to know them by name), and clipboard (cut, copy, paste). In the tolerance sense it's going to be better than Graal's tile editor because Graal has a fixed bucket fill position and you can't select tolerance if you have 4 tiles used repetitively in an area. You'd have to cut them out first. It will probably take a couple of drafts to master. It will be in game, you'll have to ALT + 5 it and delete the character, then apply NPCs. Right now the Tile Editor is a weapon on Classic for the Game Coordinators' Level Editors (since Classic's default LAT fired a blank and nobody's doing anything about it). We can't even take screenshots, how amusing. I'm going to post the script online after I've finished this second part since it's really not all too functional without the second part.

Although, it will save me a lot of headaches when I'm finished.

Admins
03-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Eventually disable the caching of the folder structure in the graal options (or delete FILENAMECACHE.txt manually) ? May be that works

KuJi
03-12-2005, 08:11 PM
It worked :-). Thanks.