PDA

View Full Version : Weapons

Akoalin
03-03-2005, 03:57 AM
for one, shotguns do WAY too much damage. you get up in someone's face; BAM! BAM! dead. This gun has always been a nuisance.. it's been reduced already but it needs to be removed or at least lowered a TON more.

second, appirces. They're very useful, but think for a moment. If I was in a futuristic war, would I want to use 2 pistols that have a low rate of fire and probally wouldn't hit someone from a regular war distance or would I want an Ak-47, which is decently accurate and has a good rate of fire? Right, I'de want the ak-47. Why? because it makes sense. Pistols are for self defense, not for seiging and gaurding bases.

third, energy guns have an ammo glitch. It needs to remain constant and not go up every time you reequip your weapon or go inside a building. Also if you have an energy gun (dh18) in one hand and a plasma saber in the other, then it shows ammo over the plasma saber, same with combat knives.

Gambet
03-03-2005, 04:28 AM
for one, shotguns do WAY too much damage. you get up in someone's face; BAM! BAM! dead. This gun has always been a nuisance.. it's been reduced already but it needs to be removed or at least lowered a TON more.

Yes, they are strong, yes they piss me off, but they should stay as they are. You like to say a lot of things on how you want things to be more realistic?, well, im sure one shot from a shotgun irl, would blow your head off. I say leave it as it is.

second, appirces. They're very useful, but think for a moment. If I was in a futuristic war, would I want to use 2 pistols that have a low rate of fire and probally wouldn't hit someone from a regular war distance or would I want an Ak-47, which is decently accurate and has a good rate of fire? Right, I'de want the ak-47. Why? because it makes sense. Pistols are for self defense, not for seiging and gaurding bases.

That right there is all an opinion. Appirces are my favorite choice of weapons. Everyone has their own opinion on what weapons they want to use/think they should use best. This server isnt about real wars. This is a game, it cant be exactly like actual life, because if it was, well, we would only have one (1) life.

third, energy guns have an ammo glitch. It needs to remain constant and not go up every time you reequip your weapon or go inside a building. Also if you have an energy gun (dh18) in one hand and a plasma saber in the other, then it shows ammo over the plasma saber, same with combat knives.

The energy guns work like that. When you hurt someone, you can ammo, that way you wouldnt run out. They dont sell ammo for energy guns, so they zap the energy from those you shoot and it adds to your ammo count. As for the plasma and combat knives glitch, well, thats a minor glitch, since it really doesnt do anything. It isnt really something that needs to be immediately fixed.

Akoalin
03-03-2005, 05:31 AM
The adding ammo IS a glich. Explain having 17k ammo for dh18 x.x

Gambet
03-03-2005, 05:57 AM
Energy guns are not meant to run out of ammo, so it doesnt not matter.

Admins
03-03-2005, 05:07 PM
The ammo display for energyweapons is bugged yes, need to fix it. Shotguns are strong but in the stats screen there are not a lot of kills with shotguns, so I guess it's ok. Pistols are best for 1 vs 1 duels, as seen in many Hongkong movies :) The power of AP Pirces has been reduced a lot, and I think it's ok now, I don't have a lot of problems with people using AP Pirces.

falco10291029
03-04-2005, 12:21 AM

Sounds like someone doesnt have the common sense to keep their distance. A rifle or even the pistols will destroy a shotgunner at medium range or longer. A shotgun is good only at short range, and maybe medium under the right circumstances.

The pistols arent meant to be main weapons, they're meant to be for when your others run out. Some people just like how they work anyway and use them.

Akoalin
03-04-2005, 04:03 AM
Shotguns are strong but in the stats screen there are not a lot of kills with shotguns, so I guess it's ok.
90% of shotgun users are trial so naturally the scores wouldn't be too high because trials can't save their high scores.