PDA

View Full Version : Enhancements

Redwizard
03-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Maybe there could be a trader who sells enhancements, such as body upgrades. These enhancements will be of a cyborg nature, such as cybernetic arms/legs/eyes and such. They could be purchased for a rather expensive price, but when bought, they could fucntion excellently for some time, but degrade as time passes and as the player dies more often in battles. These enhancements will increase accuracy and rate of fire on some guns, not by an incredibly large deal, but not by an amount too little to notice, either. The parts will need to be repaired so often, so it is similar to the effect a str, or a con potion has on GK, depending on what part you buy.
Legs = Speed increase
Arms = accuracy, strength in hand to hand combat damage
Eyes = accuracy
Torso = possibly HP

This idea could work well, depending on how the approach toward repairs will come. Maybe players must have to buy oil also ;-)

csod123
03-02-2005, 12:55 AM
i think it is a good idea, but if it is expensive that means only the players who don't really need it anyways could get it.

Gambet
03-02-2005, 01:02 AM
I like this idea, but the fact that the parts would be robotic is something I disapprove of. I like this idea, except the parts shouldnt be robotic x-x

Redwizard
03-02-2005, 01:50 AM
Along the lines of price I was thinking of having 3 different levels, Poor, Good and Excellent. the poor ones cost less, but dont last as long, but have the same capabilities as excellent. The same goes for Good, but its life is increased again. excellents life is increased better again.

*edit*
maybe for those who dislike the robotic element, implants could be made so it is not visible

Gambet
03-02-2005, 02:30 AM
Doesnt necessarily have to be invisible, but maybe some neat gear, like on GK, to show that you infact do have these enhancements.

csod123
03-02-2005, 02:59 AM
it would be neat to be a cyborg.....

Gambet
03-02-2005, 03:05 AM
it would be neat to be a cyborg.....

This is Zone, not some robot world. Maybe robot parts could be used for a mission, but not for the main muiltiplayer portion of the server (the current accessible dropships). A bunch of robots running around would look like a reincarnation of the movie 'I.Robot', and well, its not very Zone-ish.

MasterNuke
03-02-2005, 03:05 AM
How about... body can handle up to three upgrades. Each upgrade goes toward a catagory. You can spread out the upgrades and get like 3 weak upgrades, or spend 3 all in one catagory.

Gambet
03-02-2005, 03:10 AM
How about... body can handle up to three upgrades. Each upgrade goes toward a catagory. You can spread out the upgrades and get like 3 weak upgrades, or spend 3 all in one catagory.

Reminds me of the game Megaman for Gameboy Advance.

csod123
03-02-2005, 05:01 AM
This is Zone, not some robot world. Maybe robot parts could be used for a mission, but not for the main muiltiplayer portion of the server (the current accessible dropships). A bunch of robots running around would look like a reincarnation of the movie 'I.Robot', and well, its not very Zone-ish.
i never saw that movie, but anyways, being a cyborg does not make you a robot.a cyborg is just someone enhanced by technology, it would just be an addition like the jetpack.

Crono
03-02-2005, 03:05 PM
degrading = sucks. I hate games that have your items degrade.

csod123
03-03-2005, 01:17 AM
degrading = sucks. I hate games that have your items degrade.

they upgrades them selves would have to be cheaper though, and it adds realistic stuff to it.

Admins
03-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Enhancements / Augmentations are planned, will do it so that you get a little boost but not too much (upgrade for legs would incrase speed for defender class, heavy infantry etc. but not a lot for command), and you cannot use all upgrades at once.

csod123
03-04-2005, 02:26 AM
i guess i can live with what stefan said, but i would still like for it to show you have the augments.

someonesomewhere
03-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Doesnt necessarily have to be invisible, but maybe some neat gear, like on GK, to show that you infact do have these enhancements.
Good idea. That way, it will let others know that you bought the upgrade, and are not hacking in some way.
For the cyborg gear, maybe just an eye vizor or something like that as a hat, not an enhancement. And maybe it would be better to limit the cyborg parts to maybe two or three SMALL changes, not like whole torsos, heads, etc.