PDA

View Full Version : Weird lag problem...

zell12
03-01-2005, 08:47 PM
When I am in the client and I hover my mouse over something and it gives that description it makes my client go all super slow and stuff, until the description goes away. Funny thing is, is that it only happens outside the window. When I put the cursor over the close buttion, it doesn't give me any lag.

http://img194.exs.cx/img194/2425/lag7jy.png

Some specs:

Win XP Pro (Corp)
Athlon 2500 (Barton)
512 PC3200 (Samsung)
Radeon 9800Pro
Asus A7V8X-X

Other computer is at a friends so I have yet to try on that one.

Admins
03-02-2005, 02:06 PM
May be Graal is not running in high priority mode and when another window (the hint "window") gets active then Graal doesn't get as much CPU time anymore or so, you have other programs running in the background ?

zell12
03-02-2005, 02:44 PM
I'll do it again with nothing going on in the background. See what happenes.

zell12
03-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Okay, I did it again and here is what is happening.

I closed everything except for Graal. I walked around for a bit, and monitored the CPU usage as I did. Graal takes up around 13% - 18%. I hoved my mouse over something on the taskbar and the CPU usage shot up to 98% and went up to 100% and back to 98%. It contuned this until I took my mouse off of the task bar, and the little description thing went away.

I disabled Direct3D (because the little box came up and I thought i'd see what happened with it off) and I did the same thing. Only this time, Graal didn't lag at all. It ran perfect.

Anyway, that is what is going on. I really think this should be worked out or something. A small little thing like this should not take up all of my CPU usage. -_-

(by the way, graal takes up 4% - 7% of my CPU power with Direct 3D off)

edit

This also happenes when I have a window open that is transparent.. like AIM+ transparency

end edit

jake13jake
03-10-2005, 12:40 AM
The same thing happens to me, but I dismiss it as "I need more memory"