PDA

View Full Version : Problems

Akoalin
03-01-2005, 03:02 AM
Well... I logged on today and started playing on Maloria for a few minutes. all of a sudden I get an error and I end up in a blank level with a bunch of grass. Immediately I close the window and redownload graal. bad move, I can't see idle.gani, I can't hear any of the classic sounds (sword, hurt, clang, etc.) and I can't use smileys. anyone else had this problem before?

Gambet
03-01-2005, 03:06 AM
I had the 'cant hear sounds' problem only. I closed graal and got back on, and it fixed.

Did you try using unstick me on Maloria, instead of just jumping into redownloading graal? If so, then I'm not sure whats wrong.

p2p_Sir_Link
03-01-2005, 03:11 AM
This proves that the intelligence of Graal falls rapidly. Next time you get warped to an odd level, say "showadmins", you'll find the RCs. PM one of them and ask them to kindly warp you away.

Akoalin
03-01-2005, 03:25 AM
I did unstick and I did go to the osl but it was all grassy x.x I tryed all those little things like reconnecting and closing and starting up again...

maximus_asinus
03-01-2005, 03:48 AM
Could you post a screenshot so I can see what you are talking about when you say 'grassy'

Admins
03-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Eventually remove FILENAMECACHE.txt from the graal folder? Some Maloria admin has uploaded idle.gani, walk.gani etc. but they seem to be identical to the default animations, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Akoalin
03-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Eventually remove FILENAMECACHE.txt from the graal folder? Some Maloria admin has uploaded idle.gani, walk.gani etc. but they seem to be identical to the default animations, so there shouldn't be a problem.
Yes, that is the file which cuased the error. I should've taken a screenshot.. it said Cannot create file FILENAMECHACHE.txt. It works fine now. By grassy I meant all of the level was covered with that one grass tile.

Admins
03-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Yes, that is the file which cuased the error. I should've taken a screenshot.. it said Cannot create file FILENAMECHACHE.txt. It works fine now. By grassy I meant all of the level was covered with that one grass tile.

Graal said that? Is there a problem of hard drive space?

Gambet
03-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Graal said that? Is there a problem of hard drive space?

If you mean a problem with the Graal servers hard drive, then I doubt it. Usually when the disk is full, it says it on RC.

Lance
03-01-2005, 10:55 PM
If you mean a problem with the Graal servers hard drive, then I doubt it. Usually when the disk is full, it says it on RC.

Uh, they're talking about clients here, dude.

I've experienced the same error, but only if I have two graals open at the same time. I've got several gigabytes of hard disk space free, too.