PDA

View Full Version : An idea for plasmasabres.

axman36
02-25-2005, 02:50 AM
You know how the plasmasabre doesnt have as good of a range as the murmasa, well, I have an idea, How about the plasmasabre can block bullets. I think this will help cause whenever Im trying to chase someone down, some other guy comes and guns me down. It will only block the gun bullets if you are attacking enemies, or if your holding the button you put the plasmasabre in, then you go into guard mode, where your holding the plasmasabre and you block all bullet attacks. And how about, it takes away energy as your guarding so people wont be abusing it. It will be great and make the point you have more exp then the other weapons better.

Gambet
02-25-2005, 02:59 AM
I already spoke with Stefan about shields and armors, so this wont be necessary.

Akoalin
02-25-2005, 03:10 AM
That was basicly copying my idea I said over the team radio... the plasmasabre should deflect energy bullets and muramasa should deflect regular bullets

Gambet
02-25-2005, 03:23 AM
If Stefan adds my idea on shields and armors (already explained everything to him), then these wont be necessary. Just be patient.

Fogles
02-25-2005, 07:51 AM
*hints* *hints* Helmets and Kevelars......i also have an idea, for smoke nades, like CounterStrike..it would be cool. :spam:

Admins
02-25-2005, 03:14 PM
You know how the plasmasabre doesnt have as good of a range as the murmasa, well, I have an idea, How about the plasmasabre can block bullets. I think this will help cause whenever Im trying to chase someone down, some other guy comes and guns me down. It will only block the gun bullets if you are attacking enemies, or if your holding the button you put the plasmasabre in, then you go into guard mode, where your holding the plasmasabre and you block all bullet attacks. And how about, it takes away energy as your guarding so people wont be abusing it. It will be great and make the point you have more exp then the other weapons better.

The plasma sabre actually has the same range and takes more damage, but has a slightly longer freezing time. But it would be interesting if you could block energy bullets when you press D. Reflecting bullets would be interesting but is a little bit more hard to do.

tao_clan1
02-26-2005, 03:01 AM
I think the plasmasabre is good enough as it is, it's the best melee weapon in my opinion. I really don't think it should be upgraded any further. It should be left as it is.

p2p_Sir_Link
02-26-2005, 08:30 PM
I think the plasmasabre is good enough as it is, it's the best melee weapon in my opinion. I really don't think it should be upgraded any further. It should be left as it is.
Agreed. The swing time is only slightly slower than the Muramasa's, and can kill you in about 3 hits.

Akoalin
02-26-2005, 09:12 PM
...and can kill you in about 3 hits.
1 or 2 usually does it

Blitz_Hunter
02-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Why does Gambet act as if he is the only who can post his ideas and when someone else does he says "OH NO I TALK 2 STEFAN DONT WORRY ABOUT IT NOT NECESSARY" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gambet
02-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Whats the point on resuggestion something already suggested?

Admins
02-26-2005, 10:42 PM

It's not the same i think x-x Also we have not started yet to add any shield or so yet

Gambet
02-26-2005, 10:57 PM
No, not the same, but they will do the same thing.

Akoalin
02-27-2005, 04:58 AM
Shields?
A futuristic laser gun in one hand... and a buckler in the other x.x

Blitz_Hunter
02-27-2005, 05:08 AM
Shields on Zone? x_x

LordZen
02-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Riot Control Police are equipped with bullet resistant shields, in real life...

Kaimetsu
02-27-2005, 08:22 AM

Even if they are the same, which isn't the case here, public discussion of the idea may uncover new and better variations.

What is the point of stifling discussion just because you've previously mentioned something similar?

Gambet
02-27-2005, 06:37 PM
In this case, what has been suggested would cover for this thread.

Nitro2030ce
02-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Gambet, dont be mean to ppl, let them post the ideas they want, and, how would they know if u already suggested it?

Gambet
02-27-2005, 08:44 PM
They wouldnt, but thats why I posted in this thread, so they can know that its already been suggested. Thats all I've said, nothing else.

Akoalin
02-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Gambet, you didn't need to post in the first place, you're not the only person who has ideas for zone

Gambet
02-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Instead of everyone trying to bash me, notice what I've been saying first. I just mentioned that this idea has been suggested already, not that it was bad, just that the idea suggested would cover for this. I'm glad you all are posting ideas, I mean, every idea counts, but all I did was inform the creator that the idea has been suggested. So, stop the bashing, and get with making more ideas ^^.

Kaimetsu
02-28-2005, 08:24 AM
In this case, what has been suggested would cover for this thread.

Aye, but the suggestion herein may be better than yours.

Gambet
02-28-2005, 01:01 PM
You cant really determine that without seeing mines, now can you? ;)

Kaimetsu
02-28-2005, 01:14 PM
You cant really determine that without seeing mines, now can you? ;)

Nor did I profess to. I am not asserting that either is better than the other - I am merely saying that it is foolish to dismiss creative input just because it is vaguely similar to yours.

Gambet
02-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Nor did I profess to. I am not asserting that either is better than the other - I am merely saying that it is foolish to dismiss creative input just because it is vaguely similar to yours.

Partly similar, because I stated this would cover part of the idea. There is more to it. Anyways, I am happy that people are pitching in giving ideas to improve the server, but I'm just saying that we (everyone) should post new ideas instead of those already suggested. The creator, of course, didnt know I suggested this before, which is why I informed him. Didnt think it would cause so much commotion.

Kaimetsu
02-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Partly similar, because I stated this would cover part of the idea. There is more to it

Yes, maybe so. But unless you can objectively show that your idea supersedes that of the original poster, there is no sense in suppressing his input.

we (everyone) should post new ideas instead of those already suggested

Given that your suggestions are apparently different, that has not occured here. Creative overlap is not a bad thing. There is no need to avoid it.

p2p_Sir_Link
02-28-2005, 09:26 PM
I should make my own thread that says
"MAKE MY PISTELS STRUNGER SO I CAN KILLZ W/ 1 HIT AND MAKE GAME UNFAIR!!!111one!!"
That's all I see in this forum anymore.

Mitch
02-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Gambet, you should realize that just because your idea somewhat relates to his.. doesn't mean it is at all the same. Personally, I prefer his ideas over yours because your idea makes it a lot more difficult to get kills. It shouldn't be a stressful job to kill someone, this game is an all out team battle with guns and explosive weapons. To sum it all up, I wouldn't pick a fight with kaimetsu >.<.

Gambet
02-28-2005, 10:01 PM
You dont know what my idea is, so what are you rambling about Mitch? I have not said my idea anywhere on the forums, let alone to anyone. Please, read threads first before blatantly say anything. Only person who knows my idea is Stefan.

As for Kai:

Yes, I noticed that. You guys are just making it a bigger deal then it is/was meant to be. Sorry, if I gave the wrong impressions/meaning to what I posted, but I was just trying to inform the creator that this has been suggested already. My apologies.

Kaimetsu
03-01-2005, 06:04 AM
Yes, I noticed that. You guys are just making it a bigger deal then it is/was meant to be

Because you keep trying to justify your actions.