PDA

View Full Version : Flamethrower Suggestion

Gambet
02-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Make it more challenging, and give flamethrower more of a reason for people to use. To do this, a few things might need to be tweaked/added (hope I spelled that correctly?).

I think that you should make it so when you burn someone with the flamethrower, they will be set on fire, until they either stop, drop, and roll (gani's can be made for this) and/or until they jump inside some source of water. Make this an item which you have to buy. This will give it more value.

Until players have enough to buy the stop, drop, and roll item, they will have to buy water containers. Players will be able to buy them and then use them to stop the fire thats burning them. Also, make a gani for this, which shows the player pulling out the container, opening the bottle, and pouring it on himself/herself.

NOTE: When you are burned via a flamethrower, it will never run out unless you either

A) Die
B) Use Water Container
or..
C) Use Stop, Drop, and Roll item

NOTE: While you are on fire, you slowly begin to lose HP over time. When the fire is put out, you stop losing HP (obviously).

Also, while you are on fire, maybe make it so when you shoot, it wont be as accurate as before. When someone is on fire, I'm pretty sure they wont be able to see clearly, so make things interesting, and make it so that you wont have as accurate accuracy while you're on fire as you would when you are not on fire.

Admins
02-24-2005, 09:54 PM
There could be a fire drencher / extinguisher :)
The time the fire lasts can probably be increased, not sure if it should be forever

Gambet
02-24-2005, 09:59 PM
I still think it should be forever unless you do one of the 3 things I suggested in the post above, but I like the extinguisher idea.

Maybe you can add the extinguisher to the medic class, and someone on fire would need the medic to use the fire extinguisher on them. That would be pretty neat. It would also increase teamwork, because if you dont work in a team, then you will burn to death.

Also, make a fireblanket. Basically, its an item that every class can use. When someone is about to burn you, you use the fire blanket, and then a gani shows of you rolling yourself on the floor with the blanket over you. This prevents you from getting burned (maybe make it so when the fire hits the blanket, it ends up 'splashing' the sides, to make it look like the blanket cant get hit by the fire, so instead the fire keeps going through the sides of the blanket.

NOTE: To make it more even for those which use flamethrower, when you want to disable the fire blanket, you will have to wait X amount of time until that is possible. That way, those using flamethrowers have enough time to load another gun or a knife, etc.
NOTE #2: If you are shot or stabbed by another weapon besides the flamethrower, then the fireblanket is immediately removed from you and/or destroyed (depends on whether you want to make it one of those items you need to constantly buy, or a permanent one).

This would be a pretty cool add-on :).

p2p_Sir_Link
02-24-2005, 10:10 PM
I suggest you stop suggesting things. The flamethrower already does suck. I'm tired of the newbs who grab it and try to lame kills off you. I suggest the flamethrower be deleted.

Gambet
02-24-2005, 10:15 PM
If you die by a flamethrower, then maybe you should practice a bit more often, because currently, you must really not be good to die by one.

p2p_Sir_Link
02-24-2005, 10:20 PM
Imagine this. This has happened to me on Iricia. You are standing on base 1. All of sudden, 6 players on the other team pop up behind the base, they were ducking, and there is quite some leeway to hide up there, even on max screen. They all use the flamethrower at once, at respective positions. There is no way to avoid this attack. Go for the ladders, still get killed.

Gambet
02-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Well, the flamethrowers range is currently too long. I'm sure this weekend, when Stefan releases the new flamethrower, things like this will be fixed. I do agree, that the flamethrowers range is currently ridiculously long.

Admins
02-25-2005, 12:47 AM
Imagine this. This has happened to me on Iricia. You are standing on base 1. All of sudden, 6 players on the other team pop up behind the base, they were ducking, and there is quite some leeway to hide up there, even on max screen. They all use the flamethrower at once, at respective positions. There is no way to avoid this attack. Go for the ladders, still get killed.

Man that must have been cool to watch at :D I think if they team with 6 people they should deserve that kill. Although it is not really easy to get killed by flamethrower right now, because once you are on fire you only lose ~20 hp but you cannot get hit again until the fire goes off. In my opinion the flamethrower needs to be made more interesting.

Gambet
02-25-2005, 12:48 AM
Man that must have been cool to watch at :D I think if they team with 6 people they should deserve that kill. Although it is not really easy to get killed by flamethrower right now, because once you are on fire you only lose ~20 hp but you cannot get hit again until the fire goes off. In my opinion the flamethrower needs to be made more interesting.

Well, I told you what would be a cool add-on. People would want to use it more, also.

D4rKv310c1ty
02-25-2005, 01:56 AM
Maybe make flame thrower range smaller? and make the flames more flexible... too I.

csod123
02-25-2005, 02:33 AM
there could be a staionary one, and the longer the flame was the more fuel is used, that would be a good limitation

Splke
02-25-2005, 06:16 PM
AHHHHH IM ON FIRE! *pulls out an extinguisher*

Uhh, no?

p2p_Sir_Link
02-25-2005, 09:56 PM
When base 1 is already under seige, and you've taken alot of damage, this can be easily done. Besides, whenever I play, like, 15 people swarm any one base at a time.

Gambet
02-25-2005, 10:07 PM
AHHHHH IM ON FIRE! *pulls out an extinguisher*

Uhh, no?

Read what I suggested about how the extinguisher works, because by your post, I can tell you didnt. If you did read it, then you mustve misunderstood it.

tao_clan1
02-26-2005, 03:06 AM
I believe that the flamethrower isn't too long. I think that to make it fair, it should go as far as average bullets go, which is what it seems to be doing right now. It's already bad enough as it is, don't make it shorter X.x

Malinko
02-26-2005, 03:18 PM
I love your choices to put the fire out, "Use Stop, Drop, and Roll item", haha, that would be amusing.

p2p_Sir_Link
02-26-2005, 08:29 PM
You know that actually just spreads the flames? Plus you run the risk of getting the floor/ground on fire.

Akoalin
02-26-2005, 09:03 PM
You know that actually just spreads the flames? Plus you run the risk of getting the floor/ground on fire.
Most people play on ircia so falling on snow wouldn't catch fire to the floor

Admins
02-28-2005, 03:25 AM
So everyone had 2 days for testing the new flamethrower, any ideas, suggestions or complains ?

Crono
03-01-2005, 12:06 PM
So everyone had 2 days for testing the new flamethrower, any ideas, suggestions or complains ?

Personally the flame itself is ugly, other than that it's nice I guess.

csod123
03-01-2005, 08:50 PM
i don't mind the the flame thrower, it was fine being long, my problem is with all of the grenades.if you actualy looked at the kills, someone only gets killed with the flame thower not to often.and a group of flame thowers show that the other team is using a strategy. if you get killed by a group of them shows that you need to be more strategic.

p2p_Sir_Link
03-02-2005, 05:15 AM
I didn't get to test it, I play as lightinfantry on Iricia, Muramasa, mang.