PDA

View Full Version : Old Account Purchase?

Discharge
02-23-2005, 08:20 AM
Is there a way to purchase a no longer used account. For example, I want to purchase the account: Vega

I check to see its status but it gives me a different message then a currently used account. I'll pay lots of monies for it.

Check account availability : Vega
This account name is not valid.

maximus_asinus
02-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Vega was one of the greatest PKers on Classic. Please don't tell me you're going to purchase the account to impersonate him. :frown:

Kaimetsu
02-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Doesn't seem very fair to take a guy's account without his permission :\

Spark910
02-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Make a support.graalonline.com ticket, with the subject 'Accounts'
That error message means the account is not activated for use, so it's likely it was never activated and is useable as nobody has used it before.

Admins
02-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Or may be too short? Not sure if the minimum length is 4 or 5 characters

Benm00t
02-23-2005, 07:31 PM
I don't think purchasing old accounts should be allowed. The whole impersonation thing for one, and what if the person whos account it use to be wanted to re-upgrade sometime later, like i did about 10 months after my gold first ran out.

Also if you where able to use old accounts, you'd have to ensure that the account status was wiped from every server it has been on so that the new user doesn't just carry on from where the old owner stopped.

Skyld
02-23-2005, 08:31 PM
The chances that the said account is still one one or more people's buddy lists and would cause large amounts of confusion and/or hacking/account sharing reporting.

Spark910
02-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Or may be too short? Not sure if the minimum length is 4 or 5 characters
I couldn't open it in RC either - that works for other low character account names.

Admins
02-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Yes doesn't exist yet. There was an accounts wipe some weeks ago where all accounts have been removed from the active account list which were not upgraded, were not used in the last 2 years and didn't reply to the verification email. May be the "original" Vega had a different account name.

Minoc
02-25-2005, 12:34 AM
Obtaining old account names is just wrong.

I think it's bad enough that the account "zol" was given to Disturbed Limit (the infamous account stealer) by another accounts admin.

Hiro
02-25-2005, 01:56 AM
Obtaining old account names is just wrong.

I think it's bad enough that the account "zol" was given to Disturbed Limit (the infamous account stealer) by another accounts admin.
:\

Nappa
02-25-2005, 02:40 AM
Heh. I obtained the account Nappa from lyndzey, it was a trial account. She gave me the password and I upgraded it the same day a long time ago. I suppose it could be a good or bad thing.

Fogles
02-25-2005, 07:57 AM
i have been playing graal for about 3years and, if i go away...because i want to go away, for a long time, and see if graal is still there, if i do, and someone has purchased my account, that would make me angry. ! !

I say no to 'Old' acct purchasing.

Admins
02-25-2005, 01:55 PM
i have been playing graal for about 3years and, if i go away...because i want to go away, for a long time, and see if graal is still there, if i do, and someone has purchased my account, that would make me angry. ! !

I say no to 'Old' acct purchasing.

It's about accounts that have never been upgraded and have not been used for a long time. I see no reason why someone shouldn't get the account because some oldbie 5 years ago might have used that account name as nick.

Inspiration
02-25-2005, 02:57 PM
As long as the account was never paid for and is not currently in use I see no reason at all why someone who is willing to pay shouldnt be allowed to have it

Minoc
02-25-2005, 08:48 PM
It's about accounts that have never been upgraded and have not been used for a long time. I see no reason why someone shouldn't get the account because some oldbie 5 years ago might have used that account name as nick.
Because that someone might pretend to be the oldbie.

Inspiration
02-25-2005, 10:24 PM
Because that someone might pretend to be the oldbie.

Anyone who would do that probably doesnt have the knowledge of the person to even remotely act like them.

Minoc
02-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Anyone who would do that probably doesnt have the knowledge of the person to even remotely act like them.
Well, my point is that it should depend on the case.

Discharge
02-28-2005, 09:49 PM

Soo...Can I purchase the account now?