PDA

View Full Version : Important: Bugs/Glitches

Gambet
02-20-2005, 02:24 AM
Theres a few bugs/glitches that I've come upon and feel that they should be corrected.

Bugs

There have been a few recent gui bugs, where the guis flash awkwardly and in an abnormal way. Something has been messing up/bugging the gui
system(s), and you might want to look into it. In the dropships where the gui's flash to indicate that the match is almost over, it ends up messing up the gui (as shown below). These bugs really are annoying and should be fixed.

Bug Examples:

http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=gui17co.png

http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=gui29ab.png

http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=gui39yp.png

Glitches

. Ammo Glitch

When your team owns base one (1) in Iricia, and you are low on ammo, then there is a way to glitch yourself full ammo. I'm not sure if you did this intentionally, or if its a flaw, but its best if I let you know anyways. Hres how it works:

Lets say you're in team Storm Riders and you have only 350 ammo out of 1000 maximum ammo. You are on a row and you havnt died, and dont want to die. What you do is, go to the main base bunker and use the base 1 teleporter. When you are teleported to base 1, you will notice that your ammo was raised to your maximum ammo count. Might want to check into that.

Heres some pictures of it in effect:

Before going inside base 1 teleporter:

http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=gui43km.png

After going inside base 1 teleporter:

http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=gui53ct.png

. Base 1 Bunker Wall Glitch

While inside the base 1 bunker, there are two ways of getting to the black part of the level. Stefan currently disabled the use of jetpacks in the level, I'm guessing because he figured it was the only way to get into the black part, but its not. Theres two ways to get into it:

#1) On the top left of the bunker there are two barrels (As shown below).

http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=gui67ef.png

Basically, you grab the first barrel and throw it, which will cause it to explode, and then you do the same with the second barrel (the upper one). What you then do is, stand in the spot where the barrel was and wait for it to respawn. When it respawns, the barrel should be covering your character. You then should crawl (using "A"), and move a bit right then move back and you will crawl onto the wall.

http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=gui74pz.png

#2) If you go in and out of the base 1 bunker, really fast, then you will be warped to the black part of the level. If you've done it correctly, then a "failed" message will show on the bottom left of the screen, and you will be in the black part of the bunker.

Secret Glitches

I know that theres a glitch where you can have a "two spot" weapon only take up "one spot" in your S/D menu, but I am not sure how to do it. Might want to look into this.

I also know that theres a jetpack glitch, where you go max height on the jetpack and then you do something which freezes you all the way up there. Then, the person glitching the jetpack can choose another weapon and start laming while abusing a glitch.

Hope this helps.

^^.

Akoalin
02-20-2005, 04:47 AM
Secret Glitches

I know that theres a glitch where you can have a "two spot" weapon only take up "one spot" in your S/D menu, but I am not sure how to do it. Might want to look into this.

I was the first one to discover this, it happens when you use several medkits at once, although there's no way to make sure it happens though.

That wall glitch really ticks me off. People rather than defending the base, sit in that wall and shoot to lame people who come in.

The energy guns especially have that extra ammo glitch.

tao_clan1
02-20-2005, 06:28 AM
It's also possible to glitch urself into flying with the jetpack. I don't how how it's done, but it can be done. People are flying, so you cannot hit them, and they have a shadow. The thign is, they have infinite flying time and are always automatically at max height. They can even equip anothwer weapon, and attack you with it. SO they can kill you but you can't even touch them

Gambet
02-20-2005, 06:41 AM
Yeah, all these things need to be fixed.

Admins
02-20-2005, 07:09 AM
There are two problems with going over walls in the base 1, one problem is that the black tiles are currently non-blocking, the other is a little bug in the movement script which lets you move a little bit even if you are totally blocked, so if you shoot some barrel and go on the same position, then when it respawns you are on a blocking area and can move slightly through the wall. Will fix both things soon.

It would be good if someone can figure out how exactly you can fly (remove jetpack while flying). I have already fixed some stuff with that, like you cannot use the sword anymore then, so there are not a lot of ways to hurt people who are not flying, but I can add more checks to put the player back on 0.

The icons should not flicker anymore because I made some modifications yesterday, if it still happens I can fix it more.

I will also fix the thing with the ammo restock when you use the warper, and may be add the idea of taoclan then with enabling the base1-warper depending on where the warper is, instead of depending on the team of the player.

Gambet
02-20-2005, 07:12 AM
The icons should not flicker anymore because I made some modifications yesterday, if it still happens I can fix it more.

The flickering bugs are worse then they were before, you really should fix them. Not sure whats causing it, though.

EDIT:

This is how the playercount gui currently looks right now as we speak.

http://img148.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img148&image=guii1nx.png

Admins
02-20-2005, 07:27 AM
This is how the playercount gui currently looks right now as we speak.
http://img148.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img148&image=guii1nx.png

Gambet you should attach the images to your post, that will make things much more easier x-x

Gambet
02-20-2005, 07:29 AM
I'm not sure which forum tags to use...I used a couple but none of them worked x-x

Admins
02-20-2005, 07:30 AM
I'm not sure which forum tags to use...I used a couple but none of them worked x-x
Tags? Click on "Post Reply" (or "Edit/Delete" or "Quote"), click on "Manage Attachments" and then choose the files

Gambet
02-20-2005, 07:32 AM
Tags? Click on "Post Reply" (or "Edit/Delete" or "Quote"), click on "Manage Attachments" and then choose the files

Yes, but I cant do that in a thread with muiltiple image links though. All the images would be out of order....I guess I'll do it for this playercount gui one only I guess.

EDIT: Ok, scroll up, I added the file.

Kaimetsu
02-20-2005, 07:36 AM
Bitmaps aren't usually the format of choice, dawg. Go with png.

Gambet
02-20-2005, 07:42 AM
Bitmaps aren't usually the format of choice, dawg. Go with png.

Sorry, I forgot bitmaps can be a problem for some people. Ok, I fixed it.

axman36
02-21-2005, 03:16 AM
I found a new glitch/bug, when you use G8 or whatever bullets, it also takes SMG bullets.

Gambet
02-21-2005, 03:57 AM
. Bounty Bug

This REALLY needs to be fixed.

I had about 160 bounty, and my team lost, and I died in the celebrations, and I didnt get a death, yet I lost all of my bounty. The celebrations arnt suppose to remove anything from you, from what I know, its only a sort of fun way to kill everyone in the other team for X amount of time. Why does it wipe out the bounty of the person that dies? I think thats a horrible side effect. This really should be corrected, because theres nothing positive about it.

p2p_Sir_Link
02-21-2005, 04:27 AM
I found a new glitch/bug, when you use G8 or whatever bullets, it also takes SMG bullets.
Fool, they share the same ammo type. Not each has specific ammo. Same Applies with Plasmasabre and one of the beamer rifles.

Gambet
02-21-2005, 04:33 AM
. Team Selector Bug

NOTE: In this example, we are going to pretend that storm riders team has more members then sweep fleet, and you are trying to enter the storm riders team, but cannot until someone joins sweep fleet

So, you are waiting for someone to join Sweep Fleet, and then you see that you arnt the only person that is trying to join storm. Its you and someone else, trying to join storm, now, to the bug:

Currently, in this situation, if a person joined sweep, then only one (1) person would be allowed to enter the storm riders team, but, if you and that other person that was trying to join storm riders get in the teleporter at the same time, right after the person you were waiting for joins sweep fleet, then you will both be added to storm riders, increasing the team count.

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this bug, but it really can determine which team wins and which team doesnt. You really should add that team balancer I was talking to you about last week or the week before.

Admins
02-21-2005, 02:32 PM
The team check is done right before you are warped to the battlefield, not when you touch the teleporter. It is possible that 1 player entering the other team allows 2 players of your team to enter, e.g. if Sweep Fleet won several rounds in a row, then the teams are balanced to 60:40% players.
The only situation where the bounty is reset is when you are killed, so you probably got killed.

Gambet
02-21-2005, 06:03 PM
The team check is done right before you are warped to the battlefield, not when you touch the teleporter. It is possible that 1 player entering the other team allows 2 players of your team to enter, e.g. if Sweep Fleet won several rounds in a row, then the teams are balanced to 60:40% players.
The only situation where the bounty is reset is when you are killed, so you probably got killed.

Yes, I got killed, but it was in the celebrations. Why should your bounty be reset if you die in the celebrations? It makes no sense.

Oh and, yes, I know that the losing team is allowed more players then the winning team, but in this case, the bug that im talking about, it happened when 1 person joined the losing team which then allowed 2 people to join the winning team. Which is why you might want to check into this.

axman36
02-22-2005, 07:49 AM
I found another glitch, if you get killed by an explosion, at your bone form, you get pushed or moved or whatever, but if you keep moving and not stop youll still be in bones. But if you stop you go back to normal.

EDIT:Picture

Gurran_303
04-26-2005, 11:41 PM
^O0o The bone collector will soon strike..gotta go watch Blade 3 now

Gambet
04-27-2005, 03:25 AM
Why are you posting in every thread, even if they are ages old?

Gurran_303
04-27-2005, 10:50 AM
I just like to see what other threads are around. And im the next generation of post ***** on graal, i suppose i will stop posting so much as from now. =(