PDA

View Full Version : New Map Idea: Inferno

Gambet
02-18-2005, 08:46 PM
Inferno

Type of Map: Strategy
Bosses: 1
Number of Bases: 2

Ok, there will be two teams. Please, make the teams fire related, when you read the object of this map, you will see what I mean. Also, both team icons should be two shades of red. Not the same, because then their will be confusion on whose in what team. Now, to how this will work...

The dropship should be made with lava type tiles. I think its time we design the dropships according to the maps to add some excitement to them, and to give the players an insight on what they are going to go up against.

NOTE: ONLY THE CLASS SELECTOR SHOULD BE IN THE DROPSHIP, NOT THE TEAM SELECTOR. KEEP READING TO SEE HOW THAT WILL WORK.

Anyways, there should be one teleport in this dropship, which should be located at the top center of the dropship. When the players touch the teleporter, they will be warped into a room with nothing but walls and a huge screen, sort of like a movie theatre room without the seats. While in this room, a timer will show with X amount of time, and you will be able to buy items from the item trade.

NOTE: PLAYER CHATTING SHOULD BE DISABLED, KEEP READING AND YOU WILL SEE WHY.

When the timer reaches "0", the teleporter will be off limits for everyone thats not currently in a team. Now, a quick recap. All the players are in a room with a huge screen and the timer has struck 0 and they are very confused as to whats going on, well, I'll tell you now. When the timer strikes 0, the screen will turn on and a short movie type thing will play. Basically, it will be a person describing the objectives of the map, a quick overview of how the map looks like, and then after everything is explained, Dragona (the boss which I will explain later), will crash into the screen (not from the players side but from the guy whos explaining the missions side), and then the screen will be all gray with static (sort of like when you turn on your tv, and you go to an invalid channel and the screen is all gray and static), and then the guy who was describing the map will say something like "Its dragona, everyone, please be very careful! Now, brave soldiers, please, stop him from hurting another person!" and then he screams or something as if he was devoured by Dragona.

You are probably confused on all of this, so let me explain how this will work.

After Dragona devoures the man that was explaining the objectives to you, everyone in the level will be randomly warped to one of two bases, and you will be added to one of two teams. Basically, there will be two main bases and a bunch of pillars connected by bridges everywhere. Now, the tricky part. Below you is lava....fresh, hot, magma. Also, when you join the game you will notice a timer on your screen. Basically, the timer will show how long you have to win the map, before the map is drowned in lava and all the players die. To make things more interesting, and to give the jetpacks some value, swords AND ONLY SWORDS will be able to be used to cut down the bridges which connect some of the pillars. Meaning, you would have to travel around in a jetpack if you wished to win the map. The main mission of this map is to collect five (5) of dragonas eggs which will be located at the center of the map in the highest pillar. In order to get to the top of the nest you will need to use a ladder. THIS LADDER CANNOT BE BROKEN. Basically, there will be 2 eggs to begin with, and only one member from each team can get it at a time. Basically, lets say I have one of the eggs and I havnt deposited it back to the base, then another one of MY teammates CANNOT get another egg until my egg is deposited. Basically, when you have an egg, you have to go back to your base and drop it in the container.

NOTE: THE EGG SHOULD TAKE ONE SPOT IN YOUR S/D MENU AND THE JETPACK SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BE USED WHILE CARRYING AN EGG.
NOTE #2: IF YOU FALL OR DIE, THEN THE EGG YOU WERE HOLDING IS RETURNED TO THE NEST
NOTE #3: EGGS SHOULD REAPPEAR ONLY AFTER A PLAYER HAS SUCCESSFULLY ADDED AN EGG TO THERE CONTAINER OR WHEN A PLAYER WITH AN EGG HAS DIED.

When you successfully collect all 5 eggs, you will all freeze (ONLY THE PLAYERS IN THE TEAM WITH THE 5 EGGS, AND YOU CANNOT GET HURT WHILE THIS SCENE IS OCCURING), and a short scene will play where Dragona appears and she is very mad to see that her eggs had been stolen, so then everyone in your team is warped to a huge ring where you will all have to fight dragona. Basically, its a huge ring with fences surrounding it and lava beyond the fences which players will not be able to access.

Dragona

I hope by now you know that you will be fighting a dragon. Dragona should not be easy and it shouldnt be too hard as too the point that its impossible to beat. So, not too easy, and not too difficult. Design the attacks it has however you may want, it really doesnt matter, so as long as it matches what dragons do.

How to hurt Dragona:

Dragona will be flying around attacking the field that you are in trying to kill you all. After a while of attacking, dragona bumps into one of the walls and falls down on the field that you are in. This is your chance for the team to come in and attack it. Its HP should show as the players attack it.

NOTE: Dragona should be knocked out consicous for only a short period of time to make it interesting.

Now, the interesting parts. Stealing of the eggs from one base WILL BE ALLOWED UNTIL ONE OF THE TEAMS IS IN THE BOSS LEVEL. When one of the teams is in the boss level, egg stealing should be disabled.

The Twist:

If you die, you will be obviously warped back to the dropship and will be forced to reenter the game, BUT, you will enter the game back at your base, not at the boss battle. If you wish to go back to the boss battle to help your team, then you will need to recollect the eggs.

NOTE: BOTH TEAMS ARE ALLOWED INSIDE THE BOSS BATTLE. ITS WHICHEVER TEAM KILLS IT FIRST THAT WINS. THAT MEANS THAT WHICHEVER TEAM GETS THE 5 EGGS FIRST WILL OBVIOUSLY HAVE THE ADVANTAGE.

If your team kills Dragona, and the timer hasnt ran out, then dragona will 'explode' and then the lava will turn to water and you will have successfully won the map.

NOTE: DRAGONAS HP SHOULD ONLY REGENERATE AFTER ONE OF THE TEAMS HAS WON THE MAP. SO BASICALLY, IF DRAGONA HAS ONLY 10 HP LEFT, THEN IT WONT HEAL ITSELF BACK TO FULL HEALTH UNTIL THE CURRENT MATCH IS OVER. TO MAKES THINGS A BIG INTERESTING, MAYBE DRAGONA CAN HAVE REGENERATION POWERS WHERE SHE SLOWLY GAINS BACK HER HEALTH AND SUCH, BUT IT WOULD TAKE A VERY LONG TIME BEFORE SHE GAINS IT ALL THE WAY OF COURSE.
NOTE #2: AFTER THE MATCH IS WON, EVERYTHING SHOULD RESET BACK TO NORMAL FOR THE NEXT MATCH

NOTE #3: If I failed to explain something, then please let me know so I can explain it for you.

Any comments?

Lance
02-18-2005, 08:49 PM
This sounds like it would make a far better teamwork quest or mission than a normal world.

Gambet
02-18-2005, 08:50 PM
It would require teamwork, though. It would be impossible to beat this map on your own.

Admins
02-19-2005, 12:46 AM
It sounds like an interesting but also complex idea. Some questions:
- What kind of attacks has dragona? Is it a big dragon flying around and always shooting fire or also doing melee attacks (just shooting might be easier to implement, requires less gfx) ?
- Always killing the same monster might be boring after some time ?
- Why is the thing not letting you enter at the beginning? When you die you always need to wait until the timer reaches 0 again ?
- Is it possible for people to take the egg and fly around not letting the team win (the egg opens or explodes after some time?) ?
- If its about jetpacks, there should be some way to attack people using the jetpack ?

I like the idea about collecting the eggs, more interesting than the old capture-the-flag thing

Gambet
02-19-2005, 12:53 AM
It sounds like an interesting but also complex idea. Some questions:
- What kind of attacks has dragona? Is it a big dragon flying around and always shooting fire or also doing melee attacks (just shooting might be easier to implement, requires less gfx) ?
- Always killing the same monster might be boring after some time ?
- Why is the thing not letting you enter at the beginning? When you die you always need to wait until the timer reaches 0 again ?
- Is it possible for people to take the egg and fly around not letting the team win (the egg opens or explodes after some time?) ?
- If its about jetpacks, there should be some way to attack people using the jetpack ?

I like the idea about collecting the eggs, more interesting than the old capture-the-flag thing

Yes, would be pretty complex to make, but would be a great map nonetheless.

-Well, like I said, you can make the attacks however you want. Make it a pretty big dragon, I mean, whats so scary about a small dragon? The always shooting fire thing could be fine, but just dont make it impossible to dodge its attacks.

-Cant really change this. If you did then you would have to change the objective of the map. Maybe the dragon can use different attacks each time you play the match or something. Not sure, just be creative.

-At the beginning you cant enter because you need to see the objectives of the match, and this will happen everytime you use the teleporter and you are not in a team AND THE MATCH IS NOT CURRENTLY GOING ON. So, if you are in a team and you touch the teleporter then you will be warped to your base. If you touch the teleport, and you're not in a team, and the match still hasnt started then you will be warped to the theatre type room with the rest of the players waiting for the objectives to be displayed. If the match has started and you're not in a team, then you wont be able to use the teleporter until next match.

-Maybe when you have an egg a mini timer will show over your head, giving you X amount of time to get it to your container before it breaks, or to make it even more interesting, before dragona swoops down and takes it from your hand and/or kills you.

-Yes, make it so you can kill players while they are using the jetpack.

Glad you like the egg idea, I find it fairly interesting. Way better then the old fashioned capture the flag, as you mentioned.

axman36
02-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Hmm..... Maybe after you defeat dragona, the guy devoured will escape and gave the team whoever won a reward. And maybe if it eats you, you end up in the stumic, and you can either wait until your team hits the stumic to make Dragona... uh.... And youll get out and be at the base, or go to its mouth, and it will spit you out and youll land at the dropship.