PDA

View Full Version : New Map Idea: War Zone

Barista
02-13-2005, 03:10 AM
Map Idea By: Gambet

NOTE: Gambet asked me to post this for him, so here it is.
NOTE #2: Read closely to understand how this will work.
NOTE #3: Everything in this post, is from Gambet, and not myself, so please dont ask me anything about it. If you want to ask questions, then ask away, and I'll let him know what your questions are, so I can post his replies.

WAR ZONE

NOTE BEFORE EVERYTHING: THE HP COUNT FOR THIS LEVEL SHOULD BE RAISED TO LIKE 400, AS YOU READ, YOU WILL SEE WHY.

Basically, its a free for all. Every man/woman/beast for themselves. Theirs no teams and theirs no allies. The dropship can be like any other dropship, with 2 teleporters on both ends of the dropship. Their is no limit to the number of players that can be inside the battlefield at the same time. Now, lets get to how this will work.

When you first enter the teleporter, you will be warped to a waiting room. In the waiting room, you will not be able to kill each other, and their will be a timer somewhere on your screen. Basically, the players wait til the timer strikes 0 before they are randomly warped to a corner of the actual battlefield. The wait time shouldnt be too long and it shouldnt be too short. The waiting room should have an item trader, so that the players can stock up before the match. Once the match has started, the teleporter will be disabled until the match is over. Since its an all out free for all, you only get one chance. For this map only, increase the medkit count from 5 to somewhere between 6-10. If you die, you will be warped into prison, where you will wait their until the match is over. The last person standing wins, and is warped to the prison where the "celebrations", and well, I dont need to explain the celebrations, since everyone who plays Zone should know what I'm talking about. Now, where it gets interesting...

When the game starts, and everyone is in the battlefield, they will start off in the center of the map. The center of the map would be the huge, circular, battlefield. Around the battlefield will be a large electric chained fence, where if you touch it, you will be shocked and will lose HP. Beyond the fences will be water, which will not be accessible. So basically, everyone is stuck inside the battlefield until the match is over, with nothing to block them from moving around, except for the bunker in the center of the battlefield. Chainguns (which should be attached to the floor with a seat that lets you operate it), should be scattered around the edges of the battlefield, so that players can use it. The chainguns should be powerful, but not too powerful. The chainguns WILL have ammo count, and once the ammo count has dropped to 0, then the chaingun will serve no more purpose.

NOTE: The chaingun should have HP, so that people shooting at it can destroy it. If its destroyed while you are in it, then you will blow up along with it, dieing instantly.

Basically, its all out war. I think new explosives and weapons should be made for this map, to make it more interesting. In the middle of the map, where the battlefield is, their should be only 1 bunker, which should be located at the center of the battlefield. Inside that bunker, lies a nurse, which when touched, will heal half of your hp.

NOTE: YOU MAY ONLY USE THE NURSE ONCE PER MATCH
NOTE #2: WHEN THE NURSE ATTENDS ONE PERSON, THE NURSE CANNOT ATTEND ANOTHER PERSON UNTIL 10 SECONDS AFTER SHE ATTENDS THE FIRST PERSON.
NOTE #3: PLAYER KILLING SHOULD BE ALLOWED WHILE INSIDE THE BUNKER.
NOTE #4: THEIR SHOULD BE A CHAINGUN RIGHT NEXT TO THE BUNKER, TO MAKE THINGS INTERESTING.

Basically, when the game starts, the first timer should dissapear, and the second timer should appear. The game should last only 2-3 minutes. For the example im about to say, im going to use 3 minutes. Example:

Ok, you're fighting in the battlefield with 30 other players. Theirs bullets going everywhere and its getting hectic. The timer has just struck 1 minute, and you notice parts of the battlefield collapsing. More water appears, and you notice players falling in the water and immediately drowning. You continue to fight bravely and fight skillfully. The 2 minute mark passes and more of the field has been devoured by the sea. You are getting nervous, but still stand strong. You continue to fight bravely, and the 2:30
minute(s)/second(s) marker is reached, and over half of the battlefield has been devoured by the battlefield. IF YOU ARE NOT THE LAST PERSON ALIVE IN THE BATTLEFIELD, AND THE CLOCK STRIKES THE LAST MARKER, THEN THE ENTIRE BATTLEFIELD WILL BE DEVOURED/DESTROYED INTO THE SEA AND THE MATCH WILL END WITH NO WINNER. EITHER ONE (1) PERSON WINS, OR NO ONE WINS.

Any comments?

tao_clan1
02-13-2005, 04:46 AM
Do it :)

but I think the chainguns should either do like 5-10 dmg per bullet, or need to be racharged very often.....it should also be easy to get off and on it, and it should not receive dmg when nobody is on it

Barista
02-13-2005, 04:53 AM
Gambet's Response:

Yes, that would be more appropriate. The chainguns can only get hurt while a player is using it.

This map would be so fun :).

Admins
02-13-2005, 08:02 AM
It sounds quite fun. We need to find a solution for the people who die, I don't think that sometimes waiting 2-3 minutes in the "celebration" room will be fun. It would be interesting if they can watch the fight, and eventually drop 3 nukes (you hear an alarm and then 3 seconds later there is a big explosion, but the players in the battlefield don't know where). That would be similar to Bomberman where the killed people can throw in bombs to kill living players.

Barista
02-13-2005, 08:09 AM
Gambet's Response:

Well, maybe the players in prison will have the option to view/unview the match while its still going on. Once its over, then they wont have that option anymore, of course.

As for the ability for them to send nukes...ehh....well...maybe you can do this:

Players in prison are allowed to send 1 nuke per match WHILE THE GAME IS STILL GOING ON ONLY.

Nukes:

Basically a big bomb that drops, and has a pretty big hitting radius. If it lands on someone, then its instant death.

To Make Things Harder:

While the people in prison are in "nuke" mode, they will be able to see the battlefield BUT NOT THE PLAYERS. This will give a certain twist, since they wont know where the players are, so they would have to pick a random spot on the map.

Effects Of Nuke:

-Lands on Player = Instant Death
-Lands on Land = Piece of Land it lands on will be destroyed
-Lands on Bunker = Bunker destroyed

When the player selects a random spot on the map to nuke, the player will focus on the nuke and watch it land, sort of like a scenematic scene. When the bomb lands, the player that sent the nuke gets to see the effects, then their focus goes back to the prison where they have the option to continue watching the match.

NOTE: When a player picks a spot to nuke, something should be shown to all of the players so they can be alert that a nuke is being sent. Something like a showtext or something.

Since it has great effect, only 1 is allowed per match. If anything, 2 MAX.

What do you think?

Admins
02-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Gambet's Response:
While the people in prison are in "nuke" mode, they will be able to see the battlefield BUT NOT THE PLAYERS. This will give a certain twist, since they wont know where the players are, so they would have to pick a random spot on the map.

I think it would be ok to see the players, when you send the nuke they will hear the alarm sound and have a few seconds to run away (they dont know where it will land but they know that it is probably landing on where they were idling).

Admins
02-13-2005, 10:03 PM
For this map we would need gfx for barbwire fences, water tiles that fit the Zone gfx style and possibly gfx of destroyed ground, where you see water getting through (for ground tiles like on Wild Cross)

Edit:
What should be the size of the battlefield (without the water), 5x5 levels like Koth ? I can make testing levels quite quicly

pacMASTA
02-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Actully stefan is a nuke would be droped if you dotn get hit directly the Ultraviolant rays will get to you and you will slowly die a horible death on this note if it doesnt hit you, you should still go "*" like when your steap in goo.. and you should Puke every once and a while

Admins
02-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Actully stefan is a nuke would be droped if you dotn get hit directly the Ultraviolant rays will get to you and you will slowly die a horible death on this note if it doesnt hit you, you should still go "*" like when your steap in goo.. and you should Puke every once and a while

x-x With nuke I mean more a big explosion not a realistic nuclear effect

pacMASTA
02-16-2005, 02:03 AM
Oh lol so more like a Atomic Bomb?

maximus_asinus
02-16-2005, 02:35 AM
Oh lol so more like a Atomic Bomb?
No. Not an Atomic Bomb.

falco10291029
02-16-2005, 02:43 AM
atom bombs are the same as nuclear bombs, different names, and might refer to different versions, I'm not totally sure, but same overall effect. Maybe you meant hydrogen bomb?

pacMASTA
02-16-2005, 04:07 AM
atom bombs are the same as nuclear bombs, different names, and might refer to different versions, I'm not totally sure, but same overall effect. Maybe you meant hydrogen bomb?

No

Nucular - Leaves NASTY Radiation
Atom - Kills everything as a nucular but doesnt leave radiaton

falco10291029
02-16-2005, 04:31 AM
Atom Bomb:

1. An explosive weapon of great destructive power derived from the rapid release of energy in the fission of heavy atomic nuclei, as of uranium 235. Also called A-bomb, atomic bomb, fission bomb.
2. A bomb deriving its destructive power from the release of nuclear energy.

nuclear

adj 1: (weapons) deriving destructive energy from the release of atomic energy; "nuclear war"; "nuclear weapons"; "atomic bombs" [syn: atomic]

pacMASTA
02-16-2005, 05:02 AM
Maybie i did mix it up lol... Im geting all these dumb tests at school its all going in and stuff is comeing out

falco10291029
02-16-2005, 05:26 AM
It's alrgiht, i'm not the kind to rub it in your face (unless of course I ever win an argument against kai, he'd hear about that fore as long as both of us had access to the GCC ;) ).

Admins
02-16-2005, 05:59 AM
I mean just A BIG EXPLOSION x-x

WanDaMan
02-16-2005, 12:15 PM
An atomic bomb would be great! you can add the aftermath of the explosion lingering around :cool:

falco10291029
02-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Stefan, yeah i figured that's what you meant, I doubt you'd actually have nuclear radiation affecting people

Admins
02-17-2005, 05:56 AM
Ok I have made the levels and water tiles (based on the existing poison lake tiles), need to add some more decoration and of course make the scripts. It would also be interesting if someone could make gfx for barbwire fences which can be put on the top of the existing fences (horizontal and vertical).

Gambet
02-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Dont make the explosion too big, remember, it has to be avoidable. Maybe LordZen can pitch in some time to make the graphics?