PDA

View Full Version : Koth - what don't you like about it ?

Admins
02-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Not a lot of people play the Koth map, although it's quite fun in my opinion. Why don't you play it - not interesting enough because there is only one base, or because you have less movement freedom than on Iricia, or there are too many teams, or the main base should be redesigned to make the defending/attacking more interesting ?

LordZen
02-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Koth is my favorite map as well. I just dont play it more often because usually you can only get a max of like 3-5 people playing at one time.

I kinda am against letting teams start out with some time on their clock at the beginning of the new round. If rounds were shorter then that wouldnt be nessisary and the team with the most skill would be able to get consecutive wins more often.

I think maybe you should also try it with 3 minutes as the goal instead of 4 (if thats what it is currently). I enjoyed the map more, maybe, when the goal was 2 minutes, but it was kind of easy to lose just from getting an unlucky death and not being able to run back quick enough. If alot of people are playing on the map, the round would take forever if all 4 teams have people on it and are fighting to keep the base for 4 minutes. Thats a maximum of 16 minutes, as opposed to a maximum of 8 minutes, before.

One thing that bugged me, one day I was playing as the Vorgan Militia alot, and I was winning against 2 people on their own teams. I had maybe 3 or 4 consecutive wins at one point, and when the round was over some stupid kid rushes and gets on my team, so I was forced to play as another team and lose my winning streak because teams became unbalanced...

Would be cool if there was some way to promote teamwork beyond just round-by-round basis.

Might help to remodel the map also, because really the whole map is not used except to run from the team bases and get to the middle as quickly as possible and take over the hill. Thats what I do, I just run straight to the entrance at the top. I dont even mess with going up those ladders and getting stuck on those walls around the perimeter of the base because you cant enter easily from those walls -- it takes too long. But maybe all that would become more useful if the map could keep a larger playerbase. Currently, you dont use it at all if you have any brains about you.

(BTW I plan on attempting those gfx requests when I can get access to my own computer if they are not done by somebody else by then. I am in the middle of a messy living situation lol, my dad and step-mom are not getting along, I had to move out, and she has my computer locked in her office...so..whenever I get to it...yea...)

Akoalin
02-12-2005, 11:08 PM
My only problem with it is that 90% of the players on Koth use enhanced pulsar which fires a 3 hit kill bullet rapid fire. I think the power of enhanced pulsar should be lowered and lrpulsar should be SLIGHTLY increased.

Admins
02-14-2005, 12:06 AM
We also need to check if the new jetpacks should be disabled in the middle of the map.
I guess on the Koth map we need to remove some trees so 1 vs 1 fights are possible, and add some more objectives, like capturing the home bases of the other teams (blocking the teleporter for the team then or make it like on Iricia and finish the game if you own the middle base + 3 team bases?). The team balancing needs to be improved yes, making it possible for long time team members to stay, and kick idlers in the dropships out of the team. May be on Koth also allow alliances ?

I really want to improve the other maps (other than Iricia), not to balance the player count on each map which would effectively reduce it, but to make it so that the players are sometimes playing another map.

Akoalin
02-14-2005, 02:35 AM
...like capturing the home bases of the other teams...
I oppose that seeing as that would make it too much like Ircia

Admins
02-14-2005, 06:32 AM
I oppose that seeing as that would make it too much like Ircia

But right now only a small part of the map is used for combat, so we need to use the other bases somehow. It doesn't need to be exactly the same like on Iricia.

Another possibility would be to expand the main base - making a big (5x5 levels) underground area with 4 switches/sub-bases at the corners which must be controlled to own the main base.

LordZen
02-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Nah, if you do that stuff it isnt so much like King of the Hill anymore.

I think it would be cool if the members of the winning team could pick the team of their choice before the losers do, for the next round..

Admins
02-15-2005, 12:30 AM
Then we need to change the map more, remove the black building tiles and put sandbags there, like an outer ring and an inner ring.