PDA

View Full Version : The State of Forest

GryffonDurime
02-06-2005, 06:09 AM
Members of Forest, here me. When I was offered the mantle of leadership, I made it clear to Chris, and tried to impress this upon the other leaders of Forest, that I would be gone for only six weeks. Six weeks for a school function as opposed to the months of slumber during Chris' reign.

Six weeks, and then I would devote myself to my kingdom. Surely that was not much to ask? In my absence, I tried to ensure that Becan and Lasaria had the powers to rule while I was gone. Becan betrayed me, betrayed all of Forest. He cunningly mannuevered his pawn, Ricky Steele, into futher incriminating Lasaria falsely. It is by council of my great friends Grirahan, Zurkiba, and Chris that I discovered Becan's true motive: he had blackmailed the human citizens of Forest, made a petition against me, and sought to claim the Kingdom for his own.

This I can not tolerate. Becan is now Blacklisted from the Empire of the Forest. All those who stood against me, be it of their own free will or by Becan's venemous trickery, consider this amnesty- I hold nothing against you. The price I ask for leadership is two more weeks.

Decide for yourselves, true inheritors of the Forest, what do you wish for? A King who has come to offer forgiveness and ask for your cooperation, or one who holds a threat above your head to force your hand in betrayl most foul?

Signed,
Gryffon Anthony Durime,
Aran of the Forest

--Chris--
02-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Slumber? >:O!

I'm disappointed in Becan ;(

Crono
02-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Damn this guy is good at rping, I'd join forest anyday :3

TESTRETIS
02-06-2005, 03:18 PM
I must say, I thought Beacon was very suspicious before he became a citizen of our great Kingdom. Considering the fact he admits to USD'ing That could lead to such possibility as scamming Kingdom Members and selling their items. Not only that but he acted quite strangely whenever I was around, on tag if I ever said "Hello." or something of the sort he would run away. Now that he has been taken care of and blacklisted, I am sure Forest will be much safer with his kind no longer around. His actions can not be forgiven so easily.

Brad
02-06-2005, 03:32 PM
USD'ers arent evil. x.O

Malinko
02-06-2005, 04:35 PM
I do agree, what he is asking for is -not- much. Therefore, any complaints for new leadership of the Kingdom Forest, that has been reported to me, will be on hold until GryffonDurime has a chance to prove himself.

Also, shame on some of you trying to backstab a friend/leader.

Zurkiba
02-06-2005, 05:23 PM
I do agree, what he is asking for is -not- much. Therefore, any complaints for new leadership of the Kingdom Forest, that has been reported to me, will be on hold until GryffonDurime has a chance to prove himself.

Also, shame on some of you trying to backstab a friend/leader.
Well I see it like this.

You want to keep the "leaders" who cant roleplay/refuse to roleplay, abuse bugs, etc. So why would you want to remove one of the only actual roleplaying leaders of 2k2?

Oh, and about the backstabbing thing. Welcome to Graal Kingdoms.
It's been like that forever, I mean even when I was leading my kingdom people were plotting against me. Just look what happened to Tseng and Ziro.

Malinko
02-06-2005, 06:14 PM
You want to keep the "leaders" who cant roleplay/refuse to roleplay, abuse bugs, etc. So why would you want to remove one of the only actual roleplaying leaders of 2k2?

I didn't say I was going to remove him? There were many talks of changing Forest leader and I was saying I would -not- support it. Also, I suggest you don't post like this on threads any longer.

GryffonDurime
02-06-2005, 06:56 PM
I didn't say I was going to remove him? There were many talks of changing Forest leader and I was saying I would -not- support it. Also, I suggest you don't post like this on threads any longer.

Malinko, you misunderstand Zurkiba's meaning. He's most likely referring to the fact that you are not taking any action against the leaders WHO DONT DO anything, who don't even roleplay, those that are severly dragging down the Role Play Ecosystem. And I think anyone with any experience in these matters knows that talk of such "leaders" can hardly do otherwise than point directly to the KJ.

Malinko
02-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Hm, yes. I can see how you would get that out of his statement. Though, more Forest members have complained about you, I guess starting with Becan. Before any staff members do change a leader of a kingdom, it would be nice that the people in the kingdom complain first rather than other people outside of it. I think he knows what I'm talking about also.

Brad
02-06-2005, 07:25 PM
I am prince of KJ. MAKE ME EMPEROR. ;]

Lance
02-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Hm, yes. I can see how you would get that out of his statement. Though, more Forest members have complained about you, I guess starting with Becan. Before any staff members do change a leader of a kingdom, it would be nice that the people in the kingdom complain first rather than other people outside of it. I think he knows what I'm talking about also.

Sometimes you have to put the complaints in perspective, dude. The members of the kingdom referred to totally buy into the non-RPing weird-rule-bending worldview that the kingdom leader referred to preaches. Why would they complain?

Discharge
02-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Was the Paladin from the Forest Empire taking a vacation or what? ^^

Xeph0ria
02-06-2005, 11:19 PM
I still think some sort of RP admin couldn't hurt...or some way to make sure every kingdom is rping, which is the purpose of them existing.

Moonite
02-07-2005, 12:16 AM
lol ur Gone for 6 weeks now?
u never paid any attention for Forest... and I asked alot.. Some of them dont even Know u >.>

Butz
02-07-2005, 07:26 AM
(( First off, my thoughts on the situation OOCly:

I've left in everything from your post which supports your argument.

Gruffon has only very recently taken over as the leader of Forest. Thinga take time to change, and you can't expect everything to be amazing right away. This would be like electing a mayor for your city, and then kicking him out of office because he didn't go around handing everyone ice cream and puppies.

Secondly, claims on Tari's gender, and comments of implied relations are uncalled for, completely unrelated to the discussion at hand, and make your position look even weaker by making you look like an idiot.

Now, my thoughts on this matter ICly:))

I've known Gryffon for quite a while as I often talked with him about matters concerning Dustari, and I think he'll make an excellent leader. Anyone who would stand against him without giving him a chance to prove himself is a foolish individual. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that humans are capable of such rashness and backstabbing, but this is low, even for the general perception.
Gryffon has an excellent political sense and I think he'll be able to lead the lands of Forest into a new age. I plead with all those who think that it is time for change, to give change a chance to occur through Gryffon, before they decide to simply throw him away as leader of the week.

But then, I am only a simple Vulpine, so what do I know about such things?
Good day.

Methril
02-07-2005, 08:22 AM
(ooc, I have already sent my in character reply by pm)

Some inconsistencies,

Statement 1.

Secondly, claims on Tari's gender, and comments of implied relations are uncalled for, completely unrelated to the discussion at hand, and make your position look even weaker by making you look like an idiot.

Statement 2.
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that humans are capable of such rashness and backstabbing,

Which is it?

Edit:
So is Forest now better with Becan gone? I do not claim to know a great deal about this because I was only around for about four days before the whole incident happened. What I do know is that when Becan was the human king of Forest, he was the only ranking person ever online. It was just the Citizens of Forest and Becan. Now it will only be the Citizens online all alone?

I regret that this happened.

GryffonDurime
02-07-2005, 05:31 PM
(ooc, I have already sent my in character reply by pm)

Edit:
So is Forest now better with Becan gone? I do not claim to know a great deal about this because I was only around for about four days before the whole incident happened. What I do know is that when Becan was the human king of Forest, he was the only ranking person ever online. It was just the Citizens of Forest and Becan. Now it will only be the Citizens online all alone?

I regret that this happened.

I'm on more now that my project is slowing down, Lasaria has ALWAYS been active (arguably more so than Becan). The only reason people are diefying Becan is because they don't know the whole story.

Methril
02-08-2005, 07:50 AM
I saw Lasaria on Forest tag once in one week, and I logged about 40 hours in Forest. So, at the time Becan was far more active than anyone else.

Brad
02-08-2005, 02:03 PM
who are all these nobodys that I have never even heard of. Do you losers honestly think you'll ever be allowed to touch a kingdom? Your population may be taking over GK, but big-named people will always run the kingdoms.

TESTRETIS
02-08-2005, 05:22 PM
I saw Lasaria on Forest tag once in one week, and I logged about 40 hours in Forest. So, at the time Becan was far more active than anyone else.
Quality over Quantity, my friend. Would you rather have a corrupt leader who is on all the time, or a leader who is faithful to his kingdom but pops on every so often?

Methril
02-09-2005, 02:29 AM
who are all these nobodys that I have never even heard of. Do you losers honestly think you'll ever be allowed to touch a kingdom? Your population may be taking over GK, but big-named people will always run the kingdoms.

:asleep:

zell12
02-09-2005, 05:34 AM
gryffon for gk owner

Splke
02-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Damn this guy is good at rping, I'd join forest anyday :3

Oh and I'm not good enough? **** you. ****. You. I'm kidding have my babies!!

And uh, I knew Becan was no-good, but Chris doesn't trust me ^_^

GoZelda
02-12-2005, 10:27 PM
I'm back to GK so all is well.

XGoLink
02-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Becan wanted me to help him get Gryffon removed, he also told me Gryffon is sh*t and stuff, this all happened in his shop, on the Forest Island.. And welcome back brother :P

Xeph0ria
02-13-2005, 09:13 PM
All ooc:

To those who think I am inactive:

I log on every single day for at least an hour (but usually around 4 or 5...and more on the weekends). Every moment I'm logged on, I'm either on forest tag or EM tag.

To those who are not involved, but support becan because they think forest supports him:

Becan had this planned. And the reason the citizens were active was because they were the same citizens HE recruited in order to have them support him. One of the forest members, (I'll tell you who if you ask) approached me and told me Becan was trying to get rid of Gryffon and myself. I asked him when he was recruited, and he said "moments after gryffon asked me to sign a petition." The members who were already members were threatened (rank wise) to sign it with a very convincing petition that already had the new members names on it. At the time, I didn't have remove rights, so I was unable to do something about it.

CaTigus
03-05-2005, 03:31 PM
I told Chris that Becan shouldn't have been chosen as a leader, He is a good guy, Just someone you shouldn't really trust. When Chris confronted about the new leadership and asked me who I thought should be the new leader of Forest I said specifically that Becan shouldn't be trusted with much rights if any type of leader, I'm not talking bad about Chris(<3), But Gryffon should have seen it comming with the things Becan says and his actions, maturity, and the time he has spent on Graal Kingdoms.

GryffonDurime
03-05-2005, 06:23 PM
I told Chris that Becan shouldn't have been chosen as a leader, He is a good guy, Just someone you shouldn't really trust. When Chris confronted about the new leadership and asked me who I thought should be the new leader of Forest I said specifically that Becan shouldn't be trusted with much rights if any type of leader, I'm not talking bad about Chris(<3), But Gryffon should have seen it comming with the things Becan says and his actions, maturity, and the time he has spent on Graal Kingdoms.

Obviously I should have seen it coming because we all know how prescient I am. The only things I had heard of Becan were from Chris.

XGoLink
03-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Becan is nothing but a big liar, and hes powerhungry..