PDA

View Full Version : Space Battle Map

Zurkiba
02-05-2005, 04:11 PM
First inspiration on what I'm typing came from this:

Screw all that.
Make a seperate mode.

Ship battles in space, like 2D astroid style but with higher poly ship models (rofl) and other players.

The game type could be anything: Team Deathmatch, Capture the Base, Capture the Flag.

Personally I think Capture the Flag would be best for this situation.

--

There are two battleships on opposite sides of the map (they dont move). They are armed with automated turrents (to fire at enemy ships that come close) and have two cargo bays.

The main tile is Space, there is a small astroid field to the top of the map. Maybe this field can hide you from your enemy's radar.

The ships take off from the cargo bays. I already have the game mechanics in mind. Basically there is the image of the ship, while you're inside it's not showing. When you leave it shows. Same way if you're landing in the battleship.

Defense in the battleship should only require 2 people (so then there aren't 20 people inside the battleship and none outside in the fighter war). So maybe put a tunnel to the flag with one or two turrents on it (which could be destroyed if a person gets close enough to shoot a rocket or something (make the tunnel in an upside down T so that rockets and grenades cant be fired across the map.

The ships will be similiar to the snowbike thing. Only with a different skin and the image goes over the player (as if he was in the ****pit or so). With this comes a ton of new ships that can be made.

Light Class Ship
Pilots: One
Passanger: None
Speed: Fast
Power: Low
Armor: Low

Missile Class Ship
Pilots: One
Speed: Medium
Power: Medium
Armor: Low

Heavy Class Ship
Pilots: Two
Speed: Slow
Power: Very High
Armor: High
Notes: Needs two people to man to shoot the turrents and such. One drives the other shoots.

Cargo Class Ship:
Pilots: Two
Passanger: Four
Speed: Medium
Power: Low
Armor: Medium
Notes: Same as above, carried marines to other base to capture the flag.

--

The flag holder person cant pilot a vechile. But he can ride in one.

The ships should spawn at a set interval. Try to balance it so that there isn't a constant stream of fighters exiting. Make it so that if their ship fleet is destroyed outside within a span of a minute, then the enemy team can land or something. Perhaps just put a timer on the screen that says, 'Ship Respawn in:' then it counts down from 3-4 minutes.

Myomoto
02-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Smells of Planet side :O But then again, it's a pretty cool game..

pacMASTA
02-05-2005, 05:13 PM
The game type could be anything: Team Deathmatch, Capture the Base, Capture the Flag.

Personally I think Capture the Flag would be best for this situation.

I think their should be a Search and Destroy mission to like you have to find their Dropship and shoot it till its HP is 0 and this coulda also bring a Repair ship into play

middo
02-06-2005, 10:26 AM
I own planetside. And play it regularly.

I was more aiming towards; ITS ONLY A SHIP BATTLE.
Thats it, ONLY ship battles in space.

;o

Planetside is a huge mix of on-foot rapage, and BFR owning, and reaver spammage.

Zurkiba
02-06-2005, 04:30 PM
I own planetside. And play it regularly.

I was more aiming towards; ITS ONLY A SHIP BATTLE.
Thats it, ONLY ship battles in space.

;o

Planetside is a huge mix of on-foot rapage, and BFR owning, and reaver spammage.
Yeah, that's the deathmatch part. But I think a CTF would make it more interesting.