PDA

View Full Version : New World Idea?

oinknessx
02-05-2005, 03:52 AM
I was thinking a new world with 2 teams would be cool. Let's call them team A and team B for now.

There's a massive map with a base on the top, and another base all the way at the bottom. Base A and Base B. ^^ Each team is spawned in their own base, and the point of the game is to travel out alone OR in a group to collect valuable minerals from around the map, while killing the other team members and maybe even stealing their minerals. The players could have guards with cannons who guard the mineral pit while some other teammates drill away for the precious minerals.

They bring the minerals back to their base, and they will be able to upgrade their weapons and also upgrade the defenses of their base - which would have a certain HP limit, because the point of the game would be to destroy the enemy's base. The way it would work is that everyone would start out with a pretty weak gun, but they would collect minerals to upgrade their forces! The minerals could be crafted in a special room in the base, with anvils and stuff where you can pound out stronger weapons... these weapons could be ones that are already on Zone, but just maybe the strength changed a little bit or something?

I think it would be a pretty cool, it would sort of be a "real time strategy" type of experience.... And it would be fair because everyone would have the same strength at the beggining and if both teams worked on upgrading their sides, it would be a pretty massive battle! :)

pacMASTA
02-05-2005, 05:24 PM
I was thinking a new world with 2 teams would be cool. Let's call them team A and team B for now.

There's a massive map with a base on the top, and another base all the way at the bottom. Base A and Base B. ^^ Each team is spawned in their own base, and the point of the game is to travel out alone OR in a group to collect valuable minerals from around the map, while killing the other team members and maybe even stealing their minerals. The players could have guards with cannons who guard the mineral pit while some other teammates drill away for the precious minerals.

They bring the minerals back to their base, and they will be able to upgrade their weapons and also upgrade the defenses of their base - which would have a certain HP limit, because the point of the game would be to destroy the enemy's base. The way it would work is that everyone would start out with a pretty weak gun, but they would collect minerals to upgrade their forces! The minerals could be crafted in a special room in the base, with anvils and stuff where you can pound out stronger weapons... these weapons could be ones that are already on Zone, but just maybe the strength changed a little bit or something?

I think it would be a pretty cool, it would sort of be a "real time strategy" type of experience.... And it would be fair because everyone would have the same strength at the beggining and if both teams worked on upgrading their sides, it would be a pretty massive battle! :)

So what bassicly has to happen is your team has to reach the # of minerals to win?

Admins
02-06-2005, 12:43 AM
Sounds interesting, a little bit like the kingdoms game on Graal2001. There could be some mines where you can pick or shoot minerals out of the walls and then you can transport them to your base, may be with hoverbikes or other vehicles. Part of the game would be to protect the mining mining fields, and other important part would be to craft new weapons and ammo at the home base (could be just some machine that produces the thing if you throw in minerals, to stay futuristic). The bases should have strong defence at the beginning of the game, but not upgradable, so after some time the teams get stronger and are able to destroy the enemies' base. The player itself are starting only with knifes and need to get pistoles etc. using minerals.

pacMASTA
02-06-2005, 01:06 AM
Sounds interesting, a little bit like the kingdoms game on Graal2001. There could be some mines where you can pick or shoot minerals out of the walls and then you can transport them to your base, may be with hoverbikes or other vehicles. Part of the game would be to protect the mining mining fields, and other important part would be to craft new weapons and ammo at the home base (could be just some machine that produces the thing if you throw in minerals, to stay futuristic). The bases should have strong defence at the beginning of the game, but not upgradable, so after some time the teams get stronger and are able to destroy the enemies' base. The player itself are starting only with knifes and need to get pistoles etc. using minerals.
Sounds new and intresting.

falco10291029
02-06-2005, 01:16 AM
That sounds very cool, make it :)

Admins
02-06-2005, 04:37 AM
Ok then someone try to design a map for it (with bases, mining field, walls/rivers)

falco10291029
02-06-2005, 05:53 AM
if I had the zone tileset and such I gladly would

oinknessx
02-06-2005, 07:17 AM
Ok then someone try to design a map for it (with bases, mining field, walls/rivers)

It could look something like this...

I could work on the real map I guess, but I have no idea how to set the tiledefs and I never made zone levels before...

But here's a doodle. >_<

I'm glad you liked my idea, hehe... It would sort of be like a real overworld, so it would be like a planet that you can really move on, and instead of going to a lobby when you pick the world, maybe it takes you to your Base's landing platform? And you land on your base..... It could be automatic depending on how many players are on each team.

OR you could have it assign the base to a person, and not allow them to switch teams ever, it would be like being in a kingdom where you have to be loyal. :cool:

- The lightblue is water, the dark blue is Hoverbikes. The hoverbikes might be able to have mine carts attached to them and move kind of slow.

- The gold dot is a gold mine, like a cave entrance OR a little mountain thingy with gold on it that you hit with a pickaxe and little peices of gold come out.

- The darkgreen is grass. >_<

- Base A is on top and Base B is on bottom, maybe make a cool name for each base? Like Base A couple be "Arkene" and Base B could be "Burjena" or something...

It might be a fun, somewhat role-play-ish experience. With TEAMWORK!
:eek:

OH YEAH, and the original idea WAS for the game to end when the other team's base is DESTROYED!! That means it would have to have a certain HP and it would get attacked by cannons or something.

Admins
02-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Ok I got some ideas last night
It would be interesting if the bases can only be destroyed with Mech missiles. The Mechs can be built using a lot of minerals, they have like 1000 hp (still possible to destroy) and can send missiles. You can only enter into a Mech if your one of the best team members near the Mech (to prevent newbies blocking it). If the Mech is destroyed then it can be transported into your base and converted back into some minerals, so allowing to build a new one faster.

- The lightblue is water, the dark blue is Hoverbikes. The hoverbikes might be able to have mine carts attached to them and move kind of slow.

May be inside your base the mine carts can be pushed and pulled in good speed, outside it is very slow (but needed to attach/detach a mine cart to/from the hoverbike).

We also need to decide about the environment - green fields, or more desert like ?

Akoalin
02-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Mech's? Like that one in your signature, Stefan?
Also, I LOVE THIS IDEA :D

pacMASTA
02-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Sounds cool to me

oinknessx
02-07-2005, 05:58 AM
May be inside your base the mine carts can be pushed and pulled in good speed, outside it is very slow (but needed to attach/detach a mine cart to/from the hoverbike).

Hmm good idea. How about this - It moves normal inside, but when you take it outside it has a "pressure limit"... that means if you move it too fast, it will fall down and spill... It would be like "Pressure: 36%" And when it gets to 100% the cart would spill, and you would have to start over cause the minerals would dissapear! That would also make teamwork, because there will be people trying to guard the cart and keep the pressure off (which would also rise a little if the cart gets shot or bombed!)

We also need to decide about the environment - green fields, or more desert like ?

Maybe it could be desert-like near the bases, but closer to the gold mines it could be nice and grassy? Because those nice minerals and their proteins would make the earth very healthy in that area. :)

I'm interested in doing the map, I just don't know how... maybe someone could help? ;)

pacMASTA
02-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Maybe it could be desert-like near the bases, but closer to the gold mines it could be nice and grassy? Because those nice minerals and their proteins would make the earth very healthy in that area. :)

I'm interested in doing the map, I just don't know how... maybe someone could help? ;)

Mines are usally in a desert in a rocky place. So it would make the Trip System work even better like their oould be stones scatered across the screen that make you fall lose some hp and you have to flip it over back on its fett

Crono
02-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Like the idea Stefan.

Hairballmunky
02-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Sounds like a great idea! Lets hope people are willing to get their butts off of Iricia to play this if it comes out ^^

Luciano
02-08-2005, 03:25 AM
Mech's? Like that one in your signature, Stefan?
Also, I LOVE THIS IDEA :D
...that's not a mech.

oinknessx
02-08-2005, 10:25 PM
I'm glad you guys like the idea so much..... I'm serious, if anyone knows how to make these Zone levels, gimme a forum pm so I can start. >_<

Admins
02-14-2005, 12:11 AM
The mech vehicles are working quite good now, only need to add shooting of missiles and walking on players (and killing them so).
We still need gfx for transporting the minerals, something which can be attached to the hoverbike. We also need gfx for the water tiles, we need water for the map idea of Gambet too.

oinknessx
02-21-2005, 06:58 AM
I'm glad to hear our ideas were good enough to deserve some new graphics and such.... I'll be here when you have the stuff ready so that I can begin work on the map I guess. I was also going to make samples of GK stuff to tryout for GK Debug but stuff came up, I'm pretty busy with school also... But I'm waiting.... waiting!....