PDA

View Full Version : ETA on revamp?

MasterNuke
02-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Maybe a % completion? Or an estimated date?

Moonite
02-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Whats is a ETA and Whats a Revamp?

Lance
02-03-2005, 10:50 PM

http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=ETA&Find=Find

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=revamp

Next time, do it yourself. You can do it as easily as I can.

Crono
02-03-2005, 11:13 PM

ROFL? Dude...

busyrobot
02-04-2005, 02:51 AM
I plan to have the castle revamp done next week, I am also working on a GK project for ship piracy that should help the Dustari navy activity as well. I need some help though with a few databasenpc scripts before the castle will be the way I want.

If anyone has some expertise they'd like to offer, please post here. I have a script that I wrote that uses database NPCs to set who can use specific doors, so we can have functional rooms inside the castle, and even private chambers that go with some ranks, in many buildings including priests etc in the cathedral. It will also help making safe storage rooms and such. Other kingdoms can use the script, but I have it 80% done and it needs some work, if anyone is good with scripts that would help save me some time.

We also need a script that can modify a player's Z axis. I have tried a few things to get players to appear elevated on terrainmaps, no luck yet, but it will likely be similar to palm tree climbing/zeplin scripts for how its done. In short, players will be able to walk along the battlements if I can get this to work right, if anyone can help on that, it would be a real benefit.

Also, lets use this thread for more revamp ideas, if you want it, post it here. :)

Raziel
02-04-2005, 03:12 AM
We could really use, like, a Gulf of Dustari where we can have our Navy practice and whatnot. Currently there isn't really enough space to sail around in. May I suggest we blow off a chunk of land in either the western or nothern part of the island? Oh, and a few more shipbuilder NPCs around the island would be nice.

GryffonDurime
02-04-2005, 04:36 AM
As Duke of the Western Fief, I advise you not go around hastily blowing up land.

busyrobot
02-04-2005, 04:59 AM
I think the best way to implement a Gulf would be to see if we can have a full gmap water level added to the west, with a very small uninhabited rocky island but pretty much just big open water.

I'll see what I can do.

Splke
02-04-2005, 05:05 AM
If anyone has some expertise they'd like to offer, please post here.

Funny, how this thread allowed you to say that. Would you of ever seeked help, outside of this thread?

Discharge
02-04-2005, 05:07 AM
As you can see in the yellow, if we could move the shipyard somewhere around the yellow area we would be able to leave and enter effortlessly. As well as travel faster because currently it takes awhile as you can see in the red to get to the other islands.

busyrobot
02-04-2005, 05:20 AM
Funny, how this thread allowed you to say that. Would you of ever seeked help, outside of this thread?

Yes, in the projects forum and a few other places. Lance took a look at the z axis thing at one time, and a few other people have tried to help as well.
Out of curiosity what did you find funny about it?

Splke
02-04-2005, 09:35 AM
Out of curiosity what did you find funny about it?

How reliably .. well, flaky Dustari's Leaders are. :)

MasterNuke
02-12-2005, 09:47 AM
O.o It has been a week. Is there a problem?

GoZelda
02-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Remember when Unixmad/Stefan said flying monsters where to be released in a month or so? ;)

MasterNuke
02-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Remember when Unixmad/Stefan said flying monsters where to be released in a month or so? ;)
That falls into the "problem" catagory.

busyrobot
02-13-2005, 12:23 PM

I've had a lot of work irl but I've made good progress on the castle so far, here are some screen shots:

If you notice the artifacts on the shorter towers (white lines and edges) they are just showing up because that graphic is still cached offline. Its been fixed in the file.
As soon as I can, I hope to get scripts that let people walk around on the battlements and on the second floor of the castle keep part.

I need to upgrade the tiles for the inside of the castle, and then get the new levels to add for that inside. When we do that, we'll have to pick up all the stuff lying around inside the castle, because I am not sure what happens to items if you completely change the gmap and all that.

I'd have uploaded it to debug but I need to integrate the changes to the newer map files (addition of the stocks) because the files I had from editing before were a bit out of date.

What do people think of the knew look? The grounds are much larger, we can have a supply building to the left of the castle keep, there is room for that built in.

busyrobot
02-13-2005, 12:25 PM
That space for the supply shed I mentioned.

busyrobot
02-13-2005, 05:37 PM
I should have shown what the back half of the keep looks like. I am considering having the whole middle raised instead of just the back middle, I think it may read better graphically, but I like that when people can walk up there that they'll be able to move around in the full 'U' of the raised level.

I'd like people's opinions - which do you all think would be better?

edit: just noticed part of the problem is that the raised floor cuts in too low around the middle towers, so the height illusion gets messed up. I'll have to fix that either way.

Discharge
02-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Now it looks like a real castle. Before, it appeared to be a Fort rather then an actual castle, good job.