PDA

View Full Version : I have a request

Todd45
02-03-2005, 07:57 PM
I think we should have a class oriented within to oversee the levels of people in Dustari. For instance, someone who will be moderately on at all times and cangive advice on the best ways to level and/or items. Just a suggestion. Maybe higher level people could just take this responsibility. or you could post a level guide maybe. hmm i maye look into this myself. Oh well, people's thoughts would be nice. :cool:

Zero Hour
02-03-2005, 08:03 PM
No.

Evil_Lord_Sparda
02-03-2005, 09:29 PM
No.

Why the hell not? If people are willing to give advice on this matter, then by all means go ahead and make a levelling guide ie. where to go for people such as this guy.

Todd45
02-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Well the reason why I have asked is the highest monester that gives good experience, that I know of, is the Lords. I have been killing Res's and i'm not sure if the bomby lords would be a good idea to move onto yet because I have no clue on their hp or power and whatnot. I tried a glok lord but I got owned by the poison. I'm level 9 and moving towards 10 atm. So if anyone would like to ofer their advice on what they did to get to level 50 or 30 or whatever level your are, Please I insist that you tell me something. Thank you for your time.

Khallos_2k2
02-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Rexes til about 10-12
Lords til about 20
the odd Immense/Brutal map to about 30
Bug abuse to about 50
Stacked brutals to whenever

(This is not insulting all those who're high levelled. The real answer is - play for a long time)

Moonite
02-04-2005, 11:54 PM
I going to Write a Small Brutal Guide..
because alot people cant finishthem or dont know how

calani
02-05-2005, 03:55 AM
Brutals are easy to finish, but hard to find >.>
Just make a criss-cross pattern and you'll find every worm with at least a minute to spare. (Use a spin weapon to kill the worms faster, and so they can't bite you back and waste your time. Leuc works good on them, also.. maybe even better than Gov.) Other than that, bile everything else if you can, and you're set to go, and can finish them easily with two minutes or more to spare (depending on your damage). Oh, and for those pesky snakes... use firebolt or icestorm to kill them, or if you want that tiny bit of phys exp (i get like 7....), use the spell sense monster, you'll see shadows where they are hiding.

As for leveling... I got to lv 8 on bomies and wolves alone, so yea.... I don't recommend that too much. Kill the biggest things you can at your level, and as always, hang out in the dungeons. They are like a perpetual lv3 map, and you get loot, too.. even the occasional map, so its well worth it. Kill lords whenever you see them (as long as they aren't someone's pets.. grr @ becan), and for all you phys-only people out there, use magic to weaken them if necessary, it isn't below you.

Immense maps can be tough for anyone, even mages. Sure, magic rings greatly lessen the damage taken from spells, but when you can't outrun them anymore, its kinda pointless. Orating to things helps, as does stealing from lords and rexes. A good way to level quickly (though rather expensive) is to convince a sabretooth tiger and a few panthers to be your followers on a Grammar, abrutal and go after some worms.. you level very quickly, though its very costly. (you can only get two-three worms per brutal, more if you're lucky).

Pad your experience as much as you can. By this I mean orate to your prey first to get a little bit of personality exp, then steal from it a few times, then finally kill it with whatever. That way you get exp three times from the same monster. If you're busy doing something else and still want to level personality or magic, nab a few rexes in the dungeon (4-5 or so) with oratory or the charm monster spell and just walk a distance away and let them follow you, and kill whatevers nearby. You can switch away to aim or suchlike while they kill stuff for you, and you can then switch back to graal and move again every few minutes. This works remarkably well except for when someone decides to be a punk and kill all your pets.. which gets extremely annoying, as it always seems to be some idiot on peaceful that does it. I led my army around the dungeon for about an hour last night (two lords, seven rexes, and even a few wolves/smokies ^^) while on aim talking to friends. I got around 6k exp in total (both magic and personality), maybe more.

I know this is a rather long post, but I hope it helps. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I'd be glad to help.

busyrobot
02-05-2005, 04:38 AM
When it comes to advice on leveling, you can ask most people in Dustari who are on and have higher levels, but I also recommend the forums, you can draw on the experience of many more players than those in one kingdom.

As for tips, bows are the easiest way to kill on 4-5 maps for sure, if you can get a blessed bow it will do a lot of damage and kill anything on a #4 map pretty quick. If it lags, back off till it passes, and get back in, you can almost always lead the spells after you into misc dropped junk, and avoid getting hit. If your computer is slow at all, disable light effects. I lvled for a long time on my old computer, till I figured out how much easier it is when everything runs smoothly and you can see what is coming at you when light effects are off.

If you get enough priest xp for it, avatars are great too.

calani
02-05-2005, 05:07 AM
Stop stealing my spotlight :p

Todd45
02-07-2005, 12:46 AM
Thanks Guys. The help is much appreciated. Hopefully I'll be level 50 in about 5 months. Damn slow leveling system !pissed!

Khallos_2k2
02-07-2005, 11:02 PM
X.x Took me, a pretty casual player, about 6 months to get to level 9 back at the start of 2k2 when all these lame maps and underground dungeons weren't out (HH were, but skellies owned me =O). Got to level 6 on bomies which gave about 6 exp each.
Don't complain about it being slow >_>
Ona side note, good luck and hope you achieve your goal :)

Todd45
02-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Much appreciated Khallos. I'm actually doing pretty well so far. I recently bought a flaming Ice Sword of Gov+5. SO im rexing it up. I also found an EA in the labyrinth event they held the other day. :cool: