PDA

View Full Version : Exploding Flamethrowers

Admins
02-01-2005, 10:12 PM
For making flamethrowers realistic I made it so that it is exploding when you are on fire and use it. Should that be changed, because it makes the use of the flamethrower quite dangerous ?

Kaimetsu
02-02-2005, 09:16 PM
It seems like the only time it can have an effect is if two people with flamethrowers are fighting each other? In that case it would be like the first person to score a hit would win the fight (especially if the other guy doesn't immediately realise that he's on fire), which seems kind of unfair.

I guess there are other ways to make the flamethrower more interesting. Maybe it should explode if somebody is wielding it when they die? And it leaves flames on the ground for a while, stopping people from walking over that area.

LordZen
02-02-2005, 09:42 PM
I think the flame should go out IMMEDIATELY if you un-equip the weapon. Or add a water canteen to the trader guys in the dropship that you can buy and carry on your belt so you can put the fire out. Maybe it can also be used to dilute poisons on the ground so they disappear a little faster. Dunno.

It sucks though trying to defend the base on Koth with a flamethrower, lol. They manage to hit me with a bullet and then I'm on fire, and they keep shooting as I'm panicing trying to unequip the flamethrower thinking it'll put the fire out quicker >_<..

Admins
02-03-2005, 03:58 AM
It seems like the only time it can have an effect is if two people with flamethrowers are fighting each other? In that case it would be like the first person to score a hit would win the fight (especially if the other guy doesn't immediately realise that he's on fire), which seems kind of unfair.

I guess there are other ways to make the flamethrower more interesting. Maybe it should explode if somebody is wielding it when they die? And it leaves flames on the ground for a while, stopping people from walking over that area.

The guy with the flamethrower is set on fire if a projectile hits him, then if he uses the flamethrower he will explode. I will probably remove that, and also add the explosion idea (which puts fire around you) and the fire-out thing when you unequip it.

Akoalin
02-03-2005, 04:04 AM
I've noticed people commiting suicide using this taking out other people. With this be supported? I think it's a pretty good idea... maybe something that lights you on fire and 5 seconds later you explode.

Admins
02-03-2005, 04:08 AM
I've noticed people commiting suicide using this taking out other people. With this be supported? I think it's a pretty good idea... maybe something that lights you on fire and 5 seconds later you explode.

Currently using the flamethrower while being on fire produces a 75 hitpoint-explosion. May be we need a special Kamikaze-weapon? :)

hottstuff911
03-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Stefan it's me Lacerta from Unholy Nation. Plus the guy your post to teach me how to be a good global staff which when i do you whould let me be a global staff.

Can someone or you Stefan teach me how to make projectile scripts please i really want to know how to make stuff project through the level or gmap intill it hits someone or hits a wall.

Kaimetsu
03-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Stefan it's me Lacerta from Unholy Nation

Posting in old, dead threads is generally frowned-upon. If you want to contact somebody, it's best to PM them. If you want to ask a scripting question, it's best to post in the scripting forum.

Can someone or you Stefan teach me how to make projectile scripts

Have you tried searching the scripting forum? There's probably a tutorial in there somewhere.

hottstuff911
03-14-2005, 09:14 PM
ok i will.

axman36
03-15-2005, 01:40 AM
well, I just tried, man, Its already removed...

Kaimetsu
03-15-2005, 03:26 AM
well, I just tried, man, Its already removed...

I don't know what you're talking about.

csod123
03-15-2005, 03:36 AM
i like the idea of a kamikazii weapon, but it would get knda annoying, and if we are gona have an exploding flame thrower it should have a good blast radius, 75 for the person and like 50 from the person standing next to them

axman36
03-15-2005, 03:50 AM
I used it, Got on fire, and used the flamethrower on fire, I didnt blow up.

Kaimetsu
03-15-2005, 03:58 AM

Well, this thread is pretty old.

Gambet
03-15-2005, 04:57 AM

This is a pretty old thread. The fact that you exploded when you caught on fire and you had the flamethrower out was removed.

someonesomewhere
03-15-2005, 06:07 AM
The whole exploding flamethrower thing made me stop using hand-to-hand weapons.
I'm guessing the thing where it explodes right away got removed becuase too many people were dying with it.

axman36
03-15-2005, 07:45 AM
It works, I killed someone with a flamethrower, and they blew up, but for some odd reason, it didnt hurt me.

Admins
03-15-2005, 03:59 PM
It works, I killed someone with a flamethrower, and they blew up, but for some odd reason, it didnt hurt me.

If someone is dieing who is using the flamethrower it produces an explosion, normally it should hurt, may be there is a problem because the player is already warped out of the battle zone.

(before it was exploding whenever the flamethrower guy is activating the flamethrower while being on fire, that has been removed because you are set on fire quite easily)

Gambet
03-15-2005, 04:02 PM

It shouldnt hurt you unless you are whitin the radius of the explosion.