PDA

View Full Version : Forest

Debaglio
02-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Hello

My name is Etien Debaglio, and I have recently become a member of Forest. My title is Merchant, and I was brought in so fast that I do not even remember who initiated me.

I would like to know the ranks of forest, and how I may be of assistance to this desolate isle. I do not know much law of the land, and I do not wish to enforce the wrong rules.

I do know that a player on tag must remain titled as a first and last name within the kingdom.

This is all I know. Also I was wondering how I am to go about getting my forest shield to represent my pride for my land.

Rasta

Splke
02-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Well, on most notes, I would be happy to answer for you.

First off, the Ranking system is quite simple.

You have the Nobles, Aran(King), Tari(Queen) in ruling, and children below.

You then have the Iants, whom act as Elders in time of need. Generally there are 3 Iants, but as more Elves have shown they are deserving of such and show powress to be an elder in the council.

Afterwards, we have Eldalie, which is a Upper-Class Elf, one of the few whom are shown respect while among the nobles.

Afterwards, the Edhel, which are the Middle-Class citizens of Forest. Most of them are merchants, or highly decorated humans.

And finally, at the end of the respective charter of Forest, we have the Nessa'Quessir, roughly translated into "The People". Any Elf who does not fall within another category is known as one, and a Human who is no longer an Army soldier, nor a slave is considered one.

~

Elven Magi

Val'Istar are the Arch-Mages of our Magi, they are by far the most powerful of our mages, both skilled in swordsmanship as well as magic, though the latter is far greater in power.

Akk'Faern are the Sorcerors and Conjurers of our Magi, they withold amazing powress in the Magical area and are unchallenged by any other race.

Ista Vairar are the equivulent of Wizards. They hold Magical Powress, but lack certain experience that would allow them to be acknowledged as much higher.

Ista Lindir are Wizards-In-Trainning, though the translation may say otherwise. These are usually the weaker of the Magi, and work to train and tone their skills, staying out of combat and wars.

Templa are the simple Magic possessing, nothing special but witholding Magical power anyways.

~

We also have POW's, which we assign jobs to as Slaves. These men usually are freed once they have goten enough minerals, or something of the sort. They are allowed some-freedom, but are kept on deadlines to escape Slavery.

~~~

Human's are the "slaves" of the Elves. Treated as lowers, and assigned military duties. The only human of this sort whom is respected, is the :

General - A respected, decorated, and very experienced solider. This man especially holds high respect with the Aran and Taren, whom usually partake in Warfare.

Soldier's are the next ranked in the Army, they have an important job, though they may not be decorated as the Knights, they are the first in-and-out of War. They hold all military duties, including Patrolling the Perimeters, keeping Aliens out of the lands, and warfare.

Knight's are the Guards of Royals, as well as the Noble Family. They have some duties in war, but lack numbers to weigh much of an outcome during a war.

Guard's are the Town Guards. They patrol the cities, upholding justice and keeping the Humans in order. Many guards are appointed as Gate Keepers for the Elven/Human gates, in-order to keep slaves from killing, or interferring with Elven kind.

Scout's are the Army's official eyes. They are the ones who are generally sent out as spys into other Kingdoms, as well as the only Elven Army rank.

Cadet's are fresh recruits, who go through years of trainning to attain their first real Guardsman job.

~~

Human citizens are recognized Citizens of the Human's, not so much the Elves. These humans are typically the backbone of the human economy, and unlike their Army counterpart, they are allowed in and out of the Elven towns.

Alchemist - The name suggests something more active, but these men actually concuct such experiments to devolop quick money, or precious jewels, or even rare jewerly.

Chef - A human cook, good for nothing more then feeding the humans and cooking rations for armys. Nobles generally do not like Human food, so they are not appointed as such often.

Citizen - A working man of the human town. Recognized citizens, etc.

Engineers - Creaters of new techonology among the humans, usually passed upwards to the Elves for inspection.

Farmer - Farmers of the humans, they generally make all the food used in Forest, and are important to the wellbeing of the entire kingdom.

Merchant - These upper-middle class men are generally allowed in and out of Elven towns, and speak to the Council (Iants) from time to time about economical slumps or inflatations among the Elves. They are most respected, and quite rich.

Miner - Simple mine folk, whom mine day in and day out in search of precious minerals. From time to time, they find Diamonds, but they are mostly helpful for Coal, Iron, and other suggestive minerals.

Postman - A deliverer of mail throughout the kingdom. They are generally quite young, and make small pay for their job, however important it is.

~~

Human Religion

The Paladin is the most respected Human, next to the General of course. As there is only one, he is the most powerful, and respected human next to the General. Many times they are seen next to the Aran (King) in times of War, or even casual dining.

High Priest/ess - The higher power in the Religion, they are closer to God in a state of their own mind. However, the Gods of the Humans and Elves are generally different. While this may interfere with the Human/Elven relationship, they are free to worship whom they want.

Priest/ess - A lower power in the Religion, they are generally simple priests who tend to wounded in the towns and deal with peasants during Church sessions. They are the workers of the religious Branch in the Tree of Forest, so to speak.

Monks - They are the workers of the dead, as they do funerals and watch over troubled spirits.

Regent/ess - One who rules during the minority, absence, or disability of a monarch.

~~

As to the Tag, you need <First Name> <Last Name> of in your name before you put on your tag, thanks.

And earning a Forest shield is not the easy thing to do anymore, seeing as many of our citizens have sold them. Await a new shipment, or another shield, or possibly barter with one of the owners of one for a purchase?

GryffonDurime
02-03-2005, 03:27 AM
I see only one innacuracy- there is now a Human more respected than the General, and that is the Regent, who rules over the entire human population in the Aran's absence.

zell12
02-03-2005, 05:50 AM
I see only one innacuracy- there is now a Human more respected than the General, and that is the Regent, who rules over the entire human population in the Aran's absence.
"The Paladin is the most respected Human, next to the General of course."

Anyway, when I made those ranks a while back in elvish, it was kinda weird. There wern't alot of exact translations, and the grammar is hard to understand. :P I'm pretty sure Chris modified some of them too...

I also don't see how a Regent is a leader in the absence of the Aran...:/

Zurkiba
02-03-2005, 11:14 PM
"The Paladin is the most respected Human, next to the General of course."

Anyway, when I made those ranks a while back in elvish, it was kinda weird. There wern't alot of exact translations, and the grammar is hard to understand. :P I'm pretty sure Chris modified some of them too...

I also don't see how a Regent is a leader in the absence of the Aran...:/
When someone takes the title of Regent (and the fact if he is human), then he is thought of as a human general.

Think of it like the Dictator of Rome.

Debaglio
02-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Thank you sir, I was aware of the ranks, but I was seeking the exact type of description you provied. I will add it to my information, it has been most useful. Please find some time to stop in to the woods, for I would love to exchange some stories.

Etien Deb"au"glio