PDA

View Full Version : gmap crashing v3.x

Arkan1k
01-31-2005, 07:48 PM
Hi.
Okay, I have a gmap on a server, which works perfectly fine on 2.x but just causes v3.x to keep crashing as soon as the gmap is entered.
I have tried many things, making smaller gmaps, gmap filename, you name it.
But it always seems to crash.
I have the gmap set up in serveroptions:
gmaps=gmapname,

I made a smaller gmap of the size 10x10 and loaded the gmap from an npc in the npc list. Which would load the gmap everytime a player entered, clientside.
Now that worked.

But with the same conditions and after duplicating all the settings for my larger map 32x32, it still caused v3.x to crash.

Does anyone else have this problem?
And is there any way to fix this?

ApothiX
01-31-2005, 09:33 PM
Hi.
Okay, I have a gmap on a server, which works perfectly fine on 2.x but just causes v3.x to keep crashing as soon as the gmap is entered.
I have tried many things, making smaller gmaps, gmap filename, you name it.
But it always seems to crash.
I have the gmap set up in serveroptions:
gmaps=gmapname,

I made a smaller gmap of the size 10x10 and loaded the gmap from an npc in the npc list. Which would load the gmap everytime a player entered, clientside.
Now that worked.

But with the same conditions and after duplicating all the settings for my larger map 32x32, it still caused v3.x to crash.

Does anyone else have this problem?
And is there any way to fix this?

I had this same problem, except I tried all sizes, even a 1 level gmap, and I was using the height map, and it crashed 3.1 client whenever I warped to the gmap.

Admins
01-31-2005, 11:57 PM
Would be good to put the crash example online and then show me (give server name and level name) so that I can debug it.
I have heard that for some people big gmaps crash if you enable the automapping (on kingdoms we have disabled the map and display a map by script if you press M)

Curt1zzle
02-01-2005, 12:03 AM
Would be good to put the crash example online and then show me (give server name and level name) so that I can debug it.
I have heard that for some people big gmaps crash if you enable the automapping (on kingdoms we have disabled the map and display a map by script if you press M)
Servername for me and Arkan1k (Delph) is SSH.

For the level, just check in the gmap folder. :\

Arkan1k
02-01-2005, 02:57 AM

gmap is "erynn-lake.gmap" on server "SSH"

Admins
02-01-2005, 03:36 AM
My v3.15 is not crashing, probably because i have fixed some stuff with the automapping. Until v3.15 is released for windows it would be best to disable automapping, add the line

NOAUTOMAPPING

to your gmap. The automapping is not working correctly for huge gmaps on any version, might need to fix that sometime.

ApothiX
02-01-2005, 05:16 PM
My v3.15 is not crashing, probably because i have fixed some stuff with the automapping. Until v3.15 is released for windows it would be best to disable automapping, add the line

NOAUTOMAPPING

to your gmap. The automapping is not working correctly for huge gmaps on any version, might need to fix that sometime.
That worked for me, thanks Stefan