PDA

View Full Version : Passwords randomly deleted

TESTRETIS
01-30-2005, 01:53 PM
In the account list, sometimes usualy after restarting the computer, the passwords are removed and must be entered again, and no, I don't have "Don't save the password" Checked.

Benm00t
01-30-2005, 03:04 PM
This use to happen all the time before 2.3, but its fixed for me now. :-x

matt8891
01-30-2005, 05:26 PM
In the account list, sometimes usualy after restarting the computer, the passwords are removed and must be entered again, and no, I don't have "Don't save the password" Checked.

Yes, What Ben said. I think you also have to due it before you log onto a server. I don't think the option to do this in 'F1 General Options' onine works correctly.

Chris
01-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Is it really that hard to type in a simple alphanumerical password?

Lance
01-30-2005, 10:27 PM

Don't troll.

matt8891
01-30-2005, 10:33 PM

It's not hard for anyone, after awhile it becomes annoying having to type it in every time you want to play.

Chris
01-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Don't troll.
Riiiiight.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like a major problem. Even if it couldn't be fixed right away, the person(s) affected will just need to type in their password. That takes up like a whole three seconds of their life. Oh noes!

Lance
02-01-2005, 01:09 AM
Riiiiight.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like a major problem. Even if it couldn't be fixed right away, the person(s) affected will just need to type in their password. That takes up like a whole three seconds of their life. Oh noes!

Or, instead of trolling him about remembering passwords you could recognize that he does, in fact, have a problem that he would like to fix and that your 'solution' does not repair his problem.

Moonite
02-01-2005, 01:52 AM
Make a .txt file put ur pass in there
and then just copy past ur pass ...

Leasure-13
02-01-2005, 02:15 AM
That is what I have done.. and it works.. very well :cool:

Curt1zzle
02-01-2005, 02:34 AM
Or stop making excuses for the problem?

Admins
02-01-2005, 03:39 AM
The password is encoded using some "fixed" values of your computer, so it cannot easily be copied to other machines. May be some stuff in your machine changed (internet connection, gfx card etc.) so the password is not working anymore.
Writing the thing into text file is not really good, then hackers can easily copy it. Writing it down on real paper would be better, or just learn (only 8 characters after all).

Chris
02-01-2005, 04:02 AM
Or, instead of trolling him about remembering passwords you could recognize that he does, in fact, have a problem that he would like to fix and that your 'solution' does not repair his problem.
I knew there was a problem. Seems like I'm not the only one suggesting to learn a simple eight character password. :rolleyes:

Writing it down on real paper would be better, or just learn (only 8 characters after all).
Gah. People just hate when the obvious solutions are given. Always wanting to complicate them further.

Lance
02-01-2005, 05:00 AM
I knew there was a problem. Seems like I'm not the only one suggesting to learn a simple eight character password. :rolleyes:

It is fairly obvious that there is a problem that does not allow Ben Rain to save his password. Telling him to remember it, however noble your intentions, does not remedy his problem. That's like someone who has a some random problem with Windows - sure, getting Linux would remove the problem, but it does not directly address the problem.

Forgive me, Loriel.

Gah. People just hate when the obvious solutions are given. Always wanting to complicate them further.

Or, you know, these people could be wanting the problem to be fixed.

zell12
02-01-2005, 05:48 AM
I don't know how to directly fix your problem, but you can just
write it down on a piece of paper or remember it. -_-

LordMatt
02-01-2005, 06:19 AM
Writing it down on real paper would be better, or just learn (only 8 characters after all).
It is sad he has to tell us a REAL piece of paper.

zell12
02-01-2005, 06:23 AM
Yeah man, I got this new fangled piece of digital paper back home...

Lance
02-01-2005, 06:30 AM
Yeah man, I got this new fangled piece of digital paper back home...

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

LordMatt
02-01-2005, 06:40 AM
I did my digital passwords.

Doahh_p2p
02-01-2005, 04:11 PM
SOLUTION

Try reinstalling Graal

TESTRETIS
02-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Well, I change my password monthly for security reasons, so yeah I would have a hard time remembering it Chris, -smacks-

DarkShadows_Legend
02-03-2005, 02:59 AM
My password gets reset only when I load Graal and is not connected to the internet.

Benm00t
02-03-2005, 03:14 AM
My password gets reset only when I load Graal and is not connected to the internet.

I think the problem may have been solved for me when i got broadband, as i remember now, after reading your post, that i told someone else about it... 'tis all weird.

Crono
02-03-2005, 10:00 PM
I dont mean to sound like a troll or some stupid ***** with an ego but seriously, memorizing your password isn't that hard. I memorised (memorized?) mine after playing fairyland twice. Just type it a couple of times and it will come naturally to you. It's better than having it saved on your computer ^^;

Lance
02-03-2005, 10:53 PM
I dont mean to sound like a troll or some stupid ***** with an ego but seriously, memorizing your password isn't that hard. I memorised (memorized?) mine after playing fairyland twice. Just type it a couple of times and it will come naturally to you. It's better than having it saved on your computer ^^;

We've been over this already. Sure, he can memorize the password, but he wants Graal to, you know, remember it for him like it's supposed to. Your suggestion is not helping him accomplish it, and we've been over it already. You do not sound like a troll. Your statement does not make you sound like you have an ego, either.

TESTRETIS
02-03-2005, 11:46 PM
That seems to be the problem after testing it acutally.