PDA

View Full Version : Hoverbikes ideas

Admins
01-26-2005, 12:51 AM
Should it be possible to shoot from the hover bike? I mean you press a key, stand on the hoverbike, and can shoot around you with your current weapon. By pressing a key again you are back in the bike. While you are standing on the bike it can of course continue to move. I got this idea when thinking about the missions, but may be it can be enabled in normal battlezones too.

Curt1zzle
01-26-2005, 12:55 AM
I think it should be added.

I'd prefer more of a "Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas" approach though, where you are able to shoot from the front of the bike while driving.

MasterNuke
01-26-2005, 01:08 AM
Mount a pulse laser on the nose that either fires really fast and low damage or medium speed for medium damage :)

someweirdperson
01-26-2005, 01:30 AM
Standing on the hoverbrike? Like Bullseye from Daredevil? That's not something you see everyday lol... MAybe just sitting down and if you have a light weight gun, being able to shoot off it. Don't just let people shoot rockets while driving a bike. XD

Akoalin
01-26-2005, 02:19 AM
Actually that sounds like Jak 2-3... but in Jak, Daxter holds the gun while he drives. I don't think it's possible to drive (well) and shoot at the same time.

Moonite
01-26-2005, 09:04 AM
Should it be possible to shoot from the hover bike? I mean you press a key, stand on the hoverbike, and can shoot around you with your current weapon. By pressing a key again you are back in the bike. While you are standing on the bike it can of course continue to move. I got this idea when thinking about the missions, but may be it can be enabled in normal battlezones too.

2 guys on 1 bike
1 Rides and 1 shoots

Admins
01-26-2005, 02:39 PM
If the player could shoot while sitting we would need to make new animations, which would be too much work
A special missile gun at the front of the hoverbike would work too
I could also imagine that you could attach the hoverbike to another bike and it is automatically following the first bike then, so the player on the second bike could shoot from the bike while the player on the first bike is driving.

Blitz_Hunter
01-26-2005, 07:15 PM
The way you control the bike should be changed to, I always end up hitting walls and stuff. =[

WanDaMan
01-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Why not add other cool stuff to? like instead of collecting hats collete hoverbike helmets and stuff :cool:

Curt1zzle
01-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Why not add other cool stuff to? like instead of collecting hats collete hoverbike helmets and stuff :cool:
The whole hat collecting fad on servers is really getting on my nerves...

Akoalin
01-27-2005, 12:40 AM
The whole hat collecting fad on servers is really getting on my nerves...
I agree, like on UN. One hat could cost 1,000,000 g. I hate that. I love the idea of one person driving and one shooting.

Slash-P2P
01-27-2005, 01:35 AM
How about different types of vehicles?

Admins
01-27-2005, 01:39 AM
How about different types of vehicles?

Jetpacks are planned, but for tanks or other vehicles we would need gfx.

someweirdperson
01-27-2005, 05:17 PM
LOL stefan, make like a battlefield 1942 server. A futuristic world war server *****. With futuristic tanks, and uber fast patrol vehicles, and so on. ;)

syltburk
01-29-2005, 01:38 AM
Actually that sounds like Jak 2-3... but in Jak, Daxter holds the gun while he drives. I don't think it's possible to drive (well) and shoot at the same time.
But thats reality, graal isn't based on reality (most of the times).. Is counter-strike based on reality..?

I am just saying, if we would like to do a reality game why dont we just play sims.. What I heard is that its "based" on reality which I dont believe but anyway..

You should make a server there everything is based on reality, you are sitting on your chair looking at tv.. Then we can look at that for maybe 5 hours.. :whatever:

Admins
01-29-2005, 05:11 AM
But thats reality, graal isn't based on reality (most of the times).. Is counter-strike based on reality..?

I am just saying, if we would like to do a reality game why dont we just play sims.. What I heard is that its "based" on reality which I dont believe but anyway..

You should make a server there everything is based on reality, you are sitting on your chair looking at tv.. Then we can look at that for maybe 5 hours.. :whatever:

A computer game where you always sit at the computer watching a guy sitting at a computer :)

oinknessx
01-29-2005, 09:30 AM
A computer game where you always sit at the computer watching a guy sitting at a computer :)
Sounds good. Give me exclusive rights to a gold server and you got a deal. ;)

axman36
01-30-2005, 09:03 AM
Why not use the jetpacks from a long time ago that someone disabled? But anyway, Cool idea, I can imagine it now, Standing on the vehicle, shooting a random player, and then kamikazieng it into a player while shooting him, lol.

someweirdperson
01-31-2005, 12:20 AM
Why not use the jetpacks from a long time ago that someone disabled? But anyway, Cool idea, I can imagine it now, Standing on the vehicle, shooting a random player, and then kamikazieng it into a player while shooting him, lol.

KAMIKAZE WATERMELON!

Admins
01-31-2005, 04:44 AM
Yes Jetpacks will be added