PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw Rum!

Zurkiba
01-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Dustari should outlaw the pirate rum. And being the personality that Dustari is - Dustari should also police the world in stopping the selling of rum to others.

So then this opens up a ton of new events. We have the pirates who become more pirate like and then we have cause for them to be pirates.

I would -love- to see pirate smugglers enter the ranks of Dustari, then designate a beach for the rum to be dropped off. Then that smuggler sells it to the rest of the population. Later on the Dustarian Guard can learn about that beach and when the trasnaction is going on they rush in, arrest the people(or kill them), then burn the rum.

Evil_Lord_Sparda
01-23-2005, 05:34 PM
That is an exceptionally good idea.

GryffonDurime
01-23-2005, 08:36 PM
Burning Rum? That's like claiming illicit gunpowder and trying to dispose of it by lihting it on fire.

Zurkiba
01-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Burning Rum? That's like claiming illicit gunpowder and trying to dispose of it by lihting it on fire.
Name another way to get rid of it XD

Chris
01-23-2005, 10:05 PM
Drinking it all obviously. ^^

GoZelda
01-23-2005, 10:05 PM
Distribute it under the townspeople and get loved.

Zurkiba
01-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Distribute it under the townspeople and get loved.
But it's illigal. You cant do that.

GoZelda
01-23-2005, 10:21 PM
But it's illigal. You cant do that.
The Pirates do it, stop contradicting yourself I HATE YOU.

Zurkiba
01-23-2005, 10:26 PM
The Pirates do it, stop contradicting yourself I HATE YOU.
Exactly, but the converstation was going along the lines of when Dustari takes a shipment of Rum. Dustari surely wouldn't give it to their townspeople if they're intending to destroy it.

busyrobot
01-31-2005, 04:43 AM
Its an interesting idea, it sounds like a lot of fun. Dustari isn't very big on outlawing stuff though, and rp wise, and while I don't announce it I have always had more than a soft spot for pirate rum.

Its still tempting though, as it would be interesting. Do you have any suggestions how to go about the mechanics of it all?

Zurkiba
01-31-2005, 04:56 PM
Its an interesting idea, it sounds like a lot of fun. Dustari isn't very big on outlawing stuff though, and rp wise, and while I don't announce it I have always had more than a soft spot for pirate rum.

Its still tempting though, as it would be interesting. Do you have any suggestions how to go about the mechanics of it all?
And Romulan Ale is illigal for Federation Citizens, but Captain Kirk still holds a small stash of it.

I've mentioned some ways on how it could happen.

Basically Dustari establishes a better coast guard (which happens to patrol the world) and if they wish, board a ship. Or what ever.

Todd45
02-01-2005, 04:41 AM
Or..You could maybe ask another Kingdom to play along in this RP instead of just finding people to pretend or whatnot. Ask the pirates about letting maybe 3 or 4 people act as rum sellers on the island like Zurk said and have the citzen classes or anyone who wants rum buy some. You could also have an event where the Dustari guard catches them and they must hide when they pass by, but sell when they leave on their patroling spots. Might add a bit of spice to it once Dustari gets suspicous. :cool:

Splke
02-01-2005, 05:33 AM
Dustari isn't very big on outlawing stuff though

Hehe, haven't we all noticed!! *cough* corruption *cough*

busyrobot
02-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Hehe, haven't we all noticed!! *cough* corruption *cough*

Uh, I mean ic stuff, but hey, maybe we like rum because we are corrupt, lol.

About these ideas, it could be interesting, if pirates could make rum on CP, and sell it under the table to NPCs in the bars of Dustari, and other taverns in other islands too why not. The NPC could tell the pirate that they want to buy it, but they need to stash it, and they send the player off to a cousin or nephew or one of a few random NPCs who can hide it.

Perhaps, barrels could be more like pots, picked up and carried over your head, or set down. Then pirates would have to drop a bunch in the cargo hold, and carry them into the taverns or to the NPCs.
If a Dustarian catches someone carrying a barrel, they can use a 'warrent' item to conficate and destroy it, and they'd get a bonus, and the pirate would have to pay the tavern NPC back for the fine he incurred due to the pirate's 'sloppy' sneaking before accepting new deliveries.

Once a barrel was delivered to the hiding place, Dustarians could use a warrent to search a location, but they'd use up the warrent and after say, 4 hrs after delivery, its too late to find it. If the shippment is not discovered, the pirate gets an extra bonus for his good work. Maybe a 'town drunk' npc may pop up randomly in a town near the hiding place towards the end, giving clues to where the shipment is hidden.

Of course, non-pirates could make rum on CP and try to get it into bars, but having a mechanics system like that would help people put the members of different kingdoms onto collision paths, with conflicting interests, all of which would inspire RP encounters that could be a lot of fun.

Todd45
02-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Of course, non-pirates could make rum on CP and try to get it into bars, but having a mechanics system like that would help people put the members of different kingdoms onto collision paths, with conflicting interests, all of which would inspire RP encounters that could be a lot of fun.
Exactly what I was trying to say hehhee. The RP value could be endless maybe even leading to an even dirtier selling item showing that they might not just be selling rum illegally. It could quite possibly open up to some black market in the underground of dustari/CP, so where there is some type of underground type of mafia thing going on. Heck, maybe the event team would jump all over this.

Zurkiba
02-02-2005, 12:46 AM
Good ideas Padren, I never thought about that.

I like the Town Drunk idea ;)

The problem is that there needs to be a way to make it more fun. Noone is ever on CP island or Dustari island. So it would be hard.

busyrobot
02-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Good ideas Padren, I never thought about that.

I like the Town Drunk idea ;)

The problem is that there needs to be a way to make it more fun. Noone is ever on CP island or Dustari island. So it would be hard.

I think that if people could make money selling rum, and people could make money busting them, even if its not too much it has competitive and player based risk elements, so I think people would take it up.

Unlike tasks that are against NPCs, player risks are always more entertaining, and by putting people into competitive tasks that cause them to cross paths, and being that they are in character tasks, it would make roleplaying when crossing paths a lot smoother and at a lot to the fun of it all I think.