PDA

View Full Version : Gmaps

TB3
01-22-2005, 02:55 AM
General question why doesnt the GENERATED option for gmaps work anymore? or does something need to be enabled on server for it to work?

Generated gmaps from terrain gen or dungeon gen will not connect the levels / register as a gmap on Maloria.
Example

GRMAP001
WIDTH 5
HEIGHT 7
GENERATED mal_dungeon5_e-7.nw

This does not work , i have to go back in and manualy list the levels in order for it to work. That is a pain especialy with large generated maps.

Looking at the example above am I doing something wrong ?

Eagle
01-22-2005, 03:28 AM
On terrain gen you need to save it as a .gmap first.

Excample : Save > Blah.gmap

Of course do it while generate levels is checked.

Admins
01-22-2005, 04:10 AM
If you use the terrain generator to make the levels and the gmap then it should normally work, or copy it from an existing gmap and modify the values. The maps on Kingdoms still work, so I don't think that the engine has changed anything with that.

TB3
01-22-2005, 05:01 AM
If you use the terrain generator to make the levels and the gmap then it should normally work, or copy it from an existing gmap and modify the values. The maps on Kingdoms still work, so I don't think that the engine has changed anything with that.

With terrain gen or with dungeon gen , neither work with the gmaps they generate. I have to create a list of levels myself. I'm not understanding why GENERATED isn't working with the levels.