PDA

View Full Version : Dagger problem..

DrkXFactr
01-20-2005, 10:15 AM
I installed 2.3. Everything seems to be working perfectly, except for one problem. I'm not sure if that's the problem.. but.. When I hold s+d and press left and right or up and down to swing fast, it's wrong. But only wrong for the dagger-type weapons. It's VERY slow, and swings like once every 3 seconds. Nobody else I've noticed has the same problem.. The wierd thing is my Swords and fists still swing at normal speeds. Just daggers like ID, FiD, and Hook are slower. !pissed!

*EDIT* And I might as well mention this while I'm here posting.. Ever since the new version install, when I try to open a door, like on a magic shop, or bomb trade for instance, it opens, but it wont let me go in. (No, it's not lag). The door shuts, and I open it again and try once again to enter. About the 4th try it lets me in.

Lance
01-20-2005, 10:53 AM
This should be in a Graal Kingdoms forum, since this is a Graal Kingdoms issue and not an overall Graal issue. I unfortunately can neither move it nor answer your question. :(

DrkXFactr
01-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Darn. Sorry 'bout that, kind sir.

Admins
01-20-2005, 02:06 PM
It sounds like a v2.3 problem
Will check it

DrkXFactr
01-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Hmm, Don't know about that. Had my friend install v2.3 last night before I made the post, and everything is working fine for him.

calani
01-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Aha, I know what's wrong.
With the dagger issue: during one of the last updates to GK (the one that added the displaying of damage done over your head), Stefan copied over the +dagger script from debug, which was different (s+d+left/right doesn't work as it did before). To remedy this, just hit S (maybe with D too?) repetedly for the same effect.

And the door issue... I think I might know what be wrong, as I've had something similar happen (mainly in hirathia though..). Open the door, then use D to strafe into it, or strafe closer to the door if you can't open it. (This is caused by a bug with the placement of the door vs. the building ganis). If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what's wrong.

Though yes, this post should be in the GK forums. *chastizes*

MasterNuke
01-21-2005, 07:44 AM
The attacks from the dagger are still as fast as before even though the animation makes it look slow. It's been like this for a while actually O.o

And about the door... you have to open the door, back away from the door a bit and walk in. Dunno why it is that way now >.<

DrkXFactr
01-21-2005, 07:47 AM
Thanks Calani, Ed.

And yes, Ed. That is right about the door. :(