PDA

View Full Version : Future of N-Pulse...

Darlene159
01-18-2005, 03:27 PM
I am just curious as to what the current players of NP want, or even players that used to play NP and might want to come back, please vote.

I personally liked the NP with Funland etc....

Kaimetsu
01-18-2005, 03:47 PM
If I were you, I'd start from scratch. But you'd probably find yourself with a similar result.

Gradual refinement is your best option. But change is a means, not the objective. Resist the urge to make trivial alterations just so you can pretend at progress, and purge yourselves of self-absorbed staff members with ulterior motives.

MysticalDragon
01-18-2005, 04:59 PM
I choosed old N-Pulse.Im not really a huge fan of N-Pulse but it seems when old N-Pulse was up and active, it attracted a good variety of players.And whenever a active server trys to start a new project it becomes years of aggervation that alot of work will get pored into and then again it will never get completed.

WanDaMan
01-18-2005, 05:29 PM
I chose new :)

Spark910
01-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Other, I guess.
I'd mix old and new. HOWEVER the old things used wouldn't be like whole levels, I'd leave nice old NP locations the same (like some buildings, and patches of levels, although very few, in the same location, remove the rest and rebuild a new world around the very few patches left) - that way as players are on they will see things and remember old NP, but they may question if its new or old as the surrounding to the building or part of a level will be totally new.

So like 99% new and 1% old.

DarkShadows_Legend
01-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Old NP Levels I liked. Some of the events from the recent N-Pulse was nice too so they should probably be considered to keep around.

Darlene159
01-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Old NP Levels I liked. Some of the events from the recent N-Pulse was nice too so they should probably be considered to keep around.I am only talking about the OW in this poll, I think the events should stay also (maybe sprucing up the level quality a bit though)

LogicBot
01-18-2005, 10:09 PM
I said other because I'd rather play Doomsday. The servers are identical, but i like the staff and players on DD more than NPulse. NP players are always..."neeh go back to your hole hauhauhau im so cool cuz i own u, u sukkles, im a mod on npulse forums, and i have a 1 behind my name tat makes me cooliers, misery hahaha"

DD is more comfertable.

Crono
01-18-2005, 10:39 PM
I am just curious as to what the current players of NP want

Weaken the swear filter. Saying "God Damn' will get you jailed. Thats just plain stupid.

WanDaMan
01-18-2005, 10:46 PM
I said other because I'd rather play Doomsday. The servers are identical, but i like the staff and players on DD more than NPulse. NP players are always..."neeh go back to your hole hauhauhau im so cool cuz i own u, u sukkles, im a mod on npulse forums, and i have a 1 behind my name tat makes me cooliers, misery hahaha"

DD is more comfertable.

Can't you stop talking about how good DD will be? :\

And the folk on NPulse have got better attitudes than any other server online x-x
Well, it did have...

Darlene159
01-18-2005, 10:56 PM

DD is more comfertable.I like DD as well, but this thread is not about DD, stay on topic please, if you dont play NP, then no need to post...not to mention I dont talk like that, dont act like that either, never have.
Voting "other" because you would rather play on another server, isnt even what the other option is for :rolleyes:

Weaken the swear filter. Saying "God Damn' will get you jailed. Thats just plain stupid. That is there because it offends alot of people, if something like that is offensive, it should not be said.
You know, cussing is not allowed on Graal at all, you should be happy that some of the minor curse words are overlooked x_x

LogicBot
01-18-2005, 11:14 PM
I like DD as well, but this thread is not about DD, stay on topic please, if you dont play NP, then no need to post...not to mention I dont talk like that, dont act like that either, never have.
Voting "other" because you would rather play on another server, isnt even what the other option is for :rolleyes:

That is there because it offends alot of people, if something like that is offensive, it should not be said.
You know, cussing is not allowed on Graal at all, you should be happy that some of the minor curse words are overlooked x_x
I do play NPulse. :\

And people call me a chink and a *** all the time, and I have reported things to the "GP" but, nothing is done. ^^

Malinko
01-18-2005, 11:47 PM
Other, I guess.
I'd mix old and new. HOWEVER the old things used wouldn't be like whole levels, I'd leave nice old NP locations the same (like some buildings, and patches of levels, although very few, in the same location, remove the rest and rebuild a new world around the very few patches left) - that way as players are on they will see things and remember old NP, but they may question if its new or old as the surrounding to the building or part of a level will be totally new.

So like 99% new and 1% old.
What he said!

Snakeandy7
01-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Are you manager now? If not why are you making this decision ?

Blitz_Hunter
01-19-2005, 12:05 AM
Are you manager now? If not why are you making this decision ?

Well, she is the LAT Admin. I believe she stated she was "curious" what the current players of N-Pulse would like to see. ;)

DarkShadows_Legend
01-19-2005, 12:50 AM
I am only talking about the OW in this poll, I think the events should stay also (maybe sprucing up the level quality a bit though)

Oh okay. Is the old overworld you're referring to the one that once had the raffle Guy in main? That is the one I liked most.

Sorry to be a backseat mod, but eww please delete the offtopic DD posts. !pissed!

Darlene159
01-19-2005, 01:23 AM
Are you manager now? If not why are you making this decision ?I stated I was curious (read first post) I am making no decisions...noone has told me who the manager is yet.

Oh okay. Is the old overworld you're referring to the one that once had the raffle Guy in main? That is the one I liked most. Yes, that is the one I am referring to, although I dont have the most current version of those as I dont think I was Manager when they had the raffle guy there ^^
And people call me a chink and a *** all the time, and I have reported things to the "GP" but, nothing is done. Yes, well that Management is gone now....

Shaun
01-19-2005, 02:08 AM
I usually found, while on playerworlds, that the Levels/LAT Admin would usually have a lot of pull. If the LAT Admin wanted to do big things, almost always the Manager/Owner would let the LAT Admin do it. The Manager/Owner just seemed to overlook the general flow of things, which for most playerworlds at the time, was that quests were being made, etc.

ETD
01-19-2005, 05:15 AM
Wee, I made that snow island
^_^
*proud* lol
Well, I have an idea what I would like, but I'll try to AIM Moonie about it directly, since it involves some explanation. (It's not what people probably think I am thinking at first, so don't worry) o.o

someweirdperson
01-24-2005, 03:13 AM
Ok, I want old old old old old old old N-Pulse, before you were manager MGess. What about Players Island and GoH Town? And that stupid little pointless town on the bottom right of the map? The old quests rocked, the old towns rockced. The spar BEFORE nem's spar. Geo, Mankind23, all the oldbies made it possible to have such a good server. And no offense, but when you came, everything dissappeared. The oldbies left, the good times were gone, and you got rid of my favorite parts of N-Pulse. I have been loyal to Geo ever since his first gserver. Tier 'Dal. Those were the days, and if you ask me. I hate new N-Pulse. In my opinion, it is horrible. Either ask Geo for the old levels, or start from scratch. Starting from scratch is probably your best bet. Since all the oldbies are gone. And might as well keep the levels that are there now there until you finish the server, since that's what most people like. This post isn't offensive, just a point of view.

Lance
01-24-2005, 04:11 AM
Geo, Mankind23, all the oldbies made it possible to have such a good server. And no offense, but when you came, everything dissappeared. The oldbies left, the good times were gone, and you got rid of my favorite parts of N-Pulse. I have been loyal to Geo ever since his first gserver. Tier 'Dal. Those were the days, and if you ask me. I hate new N-Pulse. In my opinion, it is horrible. Either ask Geo for the old levels, or start from scratch. Starting from scratch is probably your best bet. Since all the oldbies are gone. And might as well keep the levels that are there now there until you finish the server, since that's what most people like. This post isn't offensive, just a point of view.

Perhaps you should have Geo make a server and play that, then. This post isn't offensive, just a point of view.

CasanovaCanavi
01-24-2005, 05:32 AM
Old NP levels with Funland, Events Island, Snow Island, etc...with the quests that were there. = BORING

Darlene159
01-24-2005, 05:35 AM
Ok, I want old old old old old old old N-Pulse, before you were manager MGess. What about Players Island and GoH Town? And that stupid little pointless town on the bottom right of the map? The old quests rocked, the old towns rockced. The spar BEFORE nem's spar. Geo, Mankind23, all the oldbies made it possible to have such a good server. And no offense, but when you came, everything dissappeared. The oldbies left, the good times were gone, and you got rid of my favorite parts of N-Pulse. I have been loyal to Geo ever since his first gserver. Tier 'Dal. Those were the days, and if you ask me. I hate new N-Pulse. In my opinion, it is horrible. Either ask Geo for the old levels, or start from scratch. Starting from scratch is probably your best bet. Since all the oldbies are gone. And might as well keep the levels that are there now there until you finish the server, since that's what most people like. This post isn't offensive, just a point of view.Those levels and things were really good at the time, but not now.

someweirdperson
01-25-2005, 01:14 AM
You're all disagreeing with my first idea, did you bother to read my other?

Darlene159
01-25-2005, 03:39 AM
You're all disagreeing with my first idea, did you bother to read my other?Yes, you seem to be trying to speak for everyone, when it looks to me like the majority want the levels back that were there when I left the first time, and new added to it, most people do not like the levels that are currently online, at least thats not what the polls show, nor is it what people are telling me.
The days of Geo are gone, those levels are too old to put back up, and they wont be put back up, we can make much better levels now

Sky
01-25-2005, 03:48 AM
The days of Geo are gone, those levels are too old to put back up, and they wont be put back up, we can make much better levels now

why not just get the levels and make them nicer?

Darlene159
01-25-2005, 05:03 AM
why not just get the levels and make them nicer?That's exactly what I did with the levels I am talking about putting back up, they are the classic levels updated to look nicer, with new levels added to it...some things removed, and some new quests mixed with some old quests

someweirdperson
01-25-2005, 05:00 PM
when it looks to me like the majority want the levels back that were there when I left the first time

God, those levels sucked, I'll never be happy. Yeah, you have to add to those levels, if you don't we're gonna go in a circle. Boredom, boredom, new quest once every half of a year, boredom, boredom, boredom. OH, A NEW NPC TO LAME WITH!.... boredom

Galdor
01-25-2005, 05:32 PM
fun land sounds like fun =)
it got my vote

Darlene159
01-25-2005, 05:39 PM
fun land sounds like fun =)
it got my voteFunland, we had a ton of ideas for, and some were being worked on, then everyone left...the only things that got done were the bumpercars, and the water ride, there was also a kite stand to buy kites, and a balloon stand, and some other games as well....it just never got finished
:frown:
Stefan rode on the water ride, and he said he loved it, it was never done anywhere else, so MG and I were very proud of it.

I think with the right staff (which I couldnt get back then), and alot of hard work, those levels can do very well on NP
God, those levels sucked, I'll never be happy. Yeah, you have to add to those levels, if you don't we're gonna go in a circle. Boredom, boredom, new quest once every half of a year, boredom, boredom, boredom. OH, A NEW NPC TO LAME WITH!.... boredom x_x
Ok, so those UPGRADED levels sucked, but you want the antique levels back that are so much worse? The levels you want back are from the beginning of Graal when people used predifined stuff....Time to move on

Snakeandy7
01-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Moonie, you asked on peoples advice, and you just threw it in there face.. :O

Darlene159
01-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Moonie, you asked on peoples advice, and you just threw it in there face.. :OActually, I asked what people wanted, and I am trying to figure out how the antique levels are better than upgraded levels, other than for memories.
I'm not throwing anything in anyones face by asking questions....

Snakeandy7
01-25-2005, 06:56 PM
So, your telling is to move on from the old graal style? some people rather enjoy this style, me being one of them people.

Darlene159
01-25-2005, 08:00 PM
So, your telling is to move on from the old graal style? some people rather enjoy this style, me being one of them people.In order to compete with all of the other PW's, we pretty much have to move on from the old days, that is why when I was Manager before (MG and I, I mean), we tried to mix old with new as a comprimise, and it seemed to work well except that updates stopped due to lack of staff.
We still had level1, 2, 3, and some other old levels (updated to look nicer of course), and in the end, before I quit, some of the old quests were brought back that older players loved.
Yes, the oldbies love the old levels, as do I....but new players, who dont know the history of NP do not want to see those old levels, therefore we wouldnt be able to draw in many new players.
I know how you feel, I love the old levels too, but only for the memories, history, and community from back then...there is nothing wrong with making new memories, making a new community (mixed with the old community), and making new history
:)

someweirdperson
01-26-2005, 01:24 AM
So is there something wrong with making both types of people happy? Old and new? Or will you just discard old players and say to hell with them.

Shaun
01-26-2005, 01:51 AM
You have to think: What defines N-Pulse?

If you're going to make a playerworld that isn't N-Pulse, why bother naming it N-Pulse?

Darlene159
01-26-2005, 02:45 AM
So is there something wrong with making both types of people happy? Old and new? Or will you just discard old players and say to hell with them.Exactly why I added new with old, to make both happy...it is impossible to make everyone happy, so if the majority are happy, so am I.
I would never say to hell with the oldbies, I mean they are important, but new people are just as important, therefore I comprimised...

If you're going to make a playerworld that isn't N-Pulse, why bother naming it N-Pulse? It will be NP no matter what we do to it, the community is always what makes up a server in my eyes, but I never wanted to get rid of classic, hence why the main levels are still there, but I did update them to look better.

ETD
01-26-2005, 03:33 AM

If you're going to make a playerworld that isn't N-Pulse, why bother naming it N-Pulse?
This is from another thread... but I thought it would help to post it here too...
I kinda figured something out the other day... N-Pulse for the past 4 years has mostly been a change, followed by a reset to a previous version of n-pulse, then another change, then another reset, and so-on. The only time any real longterm change happened in the past 4 years was under the Moons, when they added funland, the snow island I made, and a few other things. Development was pretty slow back then, but it was more long lasting stuff.

As N-Pulse is now the only thing holding it back is oldbies who refuse to let the server move on from it's begining roots. Some people say that it is the server's defining thing, and it is true. All N-Pulse has going for it right now is history. Without history, N-Pulse probably would not have been put back up. But N-Pulse needs to move on from it's history if it ever wants to compete with the new things other servers are doing.

Anyways, just some thoughts.

syltburk
01-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Npulse wont survive.

Milkdude99
01-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Npulse wont survive. Yea well that has been said many times before and as you see it is still here and refuses to die an yet continues to prosper.

someweirdperson
01-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Yea well that has been said many times before and as you see it is still here and refuses to die an yet continues to prosper.

I honestly don't consider what it's doing prospering. It's hanging by a thread. I mean, now that it's back up a lot of people are on again. (Yeah, 30 is a lot for it now) I know the times have changed, but MG and Moonie, if you played way back when, remember when Classic was called Main Server? Remember how N-Pulse had more than it? N-Pulse used to have over 130 people on during the day. Moonie, if the levels back then were so bad, and such little detail, they wouldn't have had that many players. I know everyone disagrees with me, but the old levels WERE damn good. Do you know how happy I'd be if you put geo's old old old 1 floor house back? With the ice skating rink, CTF or whatever game it was, so on. (OH YEAH! AND THE DANCE FLOOR w/ pub) It doesn't really matter, you wouldn't do all this for one player anyway. All the oldbies left when certain people came in, and certain people left. I'm just here now, giving advice. Well if you start from scratch, what are you gonna make it?

MG, wtf is that thing in your sig, nice effects but wtf is it?

Snakeandy7
01-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Level's don't make the server, just remember that.

Darlene159
01-26-2005, 06:03 PM
I honestly don't consider what it's doing prospering. It's hanging by a thread. I mean, now that it's back up a lot of people are on again. (Yeah, 30 is a lot for it now) I know the times have changed, but MG and Moonie, if you played way back when, remember when Classic was called Main Server? Remember how N-Pulse had more than it? N-Pulse used to have over 130 people on during the day. Moonie, if the levels back then were so bad, and such little detail, they wouldn't have had that many players. I know everyone disagrees with me, but the old levels WERE damn good. Do you know how happy I'd be if you put geo's old old old 1 floor house back? With the ice skating rink, CTF or whatever game it was, so on. (OH YEAH! AND THE DANCE FLOOR w/ pub) It doesn't really matter, you wouldn't do all this for one player anyway. All the oldbies left when certain people came in, and certain people left. I'm just here now, giving advice. Well if you start from scratch, what are you gonna make it?

MG, wtf is that thing in your sig, nice effects but wtf is it?
Back when there was Classic and NP, you dont know why there were so many people on NP?
1) There were 2 servers only....
2) It was free to play Graal.....
3) The kind of levels that were there, were the norm for Graal back then....

Even after there was P2P, NP was doing really well...now you have many, many servers to choose from, we have the gold servers, many people are making their own PW's or have one that used to play on the servers....Alot has changed since back then, you cannot expect things to stay the same, it is unreasonable, and unrealistic....
Remember how many people classic used to have on it back then? Look at it now.....if you dont change with the times, you will lose.

The levels back then weren't bad, they were the norm....but to use them now, they would be considered bad levels by new people, the only ones who would enjoy them are the die-hard oldbies from way back then, we have to make things to get NEW people to want to play, not just older players....

Inspiration
01-26-2005, 09:56 PM
wats going on here

syltburk
01-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Yea well that has been said many times before and as you see it is still here and refuses to die an yet continues to prosper.
We will see, ofcourse you can put it up again? But what I have heard is corruption. Wouldn't want a server that cant handle that on the server list thank you very much.

Milkdude99
01-26-2005, 10:08 PM
We will see, ofcourse you can put it up again? But what I have heard is corruption. Wouldn't want a server that cant handle that on the server list thank you very much. Jaffer you have been an opponent of Npulse for a long time bad mouthing it so why don't you just do as your name says and chill.

syltburk
01-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Jaffer you have been an opponent of Npulse for a long time bad mouthing it so why don't you just do as your name says and chill.
I have nothing against n-pulse, I am just saying what I have heard and seen. Maybe I am wrong? Or all the other ones are wrong?

Was there anything else then corruption that got it down?!?

Lance
01-27-2005, 12:46 AM
We will see, ofcourse you can put it up again? But what I have heard is corruption. Wouldn't want a server that cant handle that on the server list thank you very much.

Wouldn't want a person that can't bother to verify their claims on the forums, thank you very much.

Milkdude99
01-27-2005, 12:54 AM
Every server online has had some degree of corrupt Staff at one time or another. No matter how good you are or no matter how good you screen people , you cannot totally know what their true intentions are from knowing someone online.It is a risk, but one if we are to manage a server, must take and when corruption starts nip it in the bud as soon as you can, this is the best anyone can do or we can ask of anyone to do.

syltburk
01-28-2005, 03:02 PM
Wouldn't want a person that can't bother to verify their claims on the forums, thank you very much.
No one asked me to do that? Who said I can't do that?

Methril
02-19-2005, 10:17 PM
I do play NPulse. :\

And people call me a chink and a *** all the time, and I have reported things to the "GP" but, nothing is done. ^^

Yes me too.

Darlene159
02-20-2005, 02:32 AM
Yes me too.NP is under new management now, those things wont be tolerated, so if it happens again, report it

Hiro
02-20-2005, 02:54 AM
Then take me out of the jan level. :rolleyes:

Fogles
02-20-2005, 04:00 AM
Shes Manager. :asleep: