PDA

View Full Version : N-Pulse?

punkyx
01-16-2005, 08:57 AM
Where is N-Pulse? We've been waiting. Is anyone even working on getting it back? Give us some answers, please.

Minoc
01-16-2005, 09:11 AM
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56931

punkyx
01-16-2005, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I saw that. But I was just wondering on the progress...if there is any?

Darlene159
01-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I saw that. But I was just wondering on the progress...if there is any?I havent heard anything =(

ETD
01-16-2005, 04:33 PM
That thread doesn't really explain anything anyways... It would be nice if there were an official thread about what will happen to N-Pulse, stating who will be manager, and when it will be up, and what version of the server will be uploaded and such.

Darlene159
01-16-2005, 04:34 PM
That thread doesn't really explain anything anyways... It would be nice if there were an official thread about what will happen to N-Pulse, stating who will be manager, and when it will be up, and what version of the server will be uploaded and such.Kinda hard since noone knows anything....

Crono
01-16-2005, 06:08 PM
So after all these years npulse is dead. Heh...

Darlene159
01-16-2005, 06:22 PM
So after all these years npulse is dead. Heh...
No, not dead...temporarily down is all

Inspiration
01-16-2005, 08:33 PM
I have to admit, anyway you cut this, this is totally messed up.
The PWA plans to remove our manager, he finds out and downs the place, and they arent even prepared to name a new manager, and the server has now been down close to two weeks I believe?

During this downtime, I'm sure many of our players will find new servers, much of our staff will find new jobs, ect, as if N-Pulse wasnt ALREADY hurting for staff. If anything the poor reaction time to this situation is assisting the server in failing, not helping it.

Even the one PWA who does all he can to be helpful (GrowlZ) can't give me answers, because he knows just about as much as we do. So Sparks been busy, for two weeks, so busy he can't find ONE HOUR to talk to Moonie, Me, and whoever else, and decide who should be Manager? If hes that busy why is he PWA? Why doesnt he entrust the situation to another member of the global staff?

At least if we knew who was Manager, we could begin our planning, staff organization, ect. But now we're just sitting here while the server has been down two weeks, our players want answers, we can't even say we know WHEN the Manager will be named.

This is straight up bull**** at this point. N-Pulse was one of the most popular servers, and this is how it's treated when we have a major problem? Very nice business that's running here.

Nappa
01-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Stuff

Dude! Your getting a dell!

WanDaMan
01-16-2005, 08:40 PM
Moonie for manager ^^ !

Inspiration
01-16-2005, 08:40 PM

Dude, you used the incorrect form of you're/your.

DarkShadows_Legend
01-16-2005, 08:43 PM
This is taking quite a while. Are they still deciding on a manager or waiting for it to be uploaded, or both?

lol. I wouldn't mind a new computer. ;)

Nappa
01-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Dude, you used the incorrect form of you're/your.

Dude! I don't care!

Inspiration
01-16-2005, 08:57 PM
This is taking quite a while. Are they still deciding on a manager or waiting for it to be uploaded, or both?

Both.

Nappa
01-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Both.

Dude, you're getting screwed!

Darlene159
01-16-2005, 09:57 PM
Complaining about it, will not get things done any faster, it will simply be put back up when they put it back up, that's just the way it is.
I want it back up just as much as anyone else, but I also understand how hard it is for Spark to get ahold of Stefan because Stefan is really busy working on multiple things at once, so I choose to be patient, and not bug people because it wont do any good anyway.
The people who love NP will come back when NP comes back, and NP will rise again hopefully.

Scott
01-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Boy, I remember when Geovanie ran the show. It was genius... everyone knew eachother. Everyone had rivals... it was so much fun. Even if somone didn't like you, there was still respect. Dark City and TCN were like the blacksheep group... ARG. HOW I MISS IT SO. That was the last Playerworld I have had fun on, then he gave up management.

Inspiration
01-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Complaining about it, will not get things done any faster, it will simply be put back up when they put it back up, that's just the way it is.
I want it back up just as much as anyone else, but I also understand how hard it is for Spark to get ahold of Stefan because Stefan is really busy working on multiple things at once, so I choose to be patient, and not bug people because it wont do any good anyway.
The people who love NP will come back when NP comes back, and NP will rise again hopefully.

And we have all sat silent and waited for about 11days, I think now we deserve an official statement, don't we? At least a "we are working on resolving the problem", SOMETHING.

If everyone just sits back and waits quietly, who's to say another two weeks from now we will be no closer.

Who's to say that it wont be totally forgotten about?

Time to speak up.

DarkShadows_Legend
01-16-2005, 11:20 PM
Hope you don't end up waiting 2 or 3 months like some private servers have had to do.

punkyx
01-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Thats why I made this thread. I've given it time, but this is getting ridiculous. I understand being busy, but it would take a whole big hour to figure out who is manager, what to upload, etc? There are three possibilities:

1: No one is working on it because they aren't worried about it.
2: No one is working on it because they haven't had the time.
3: They are working on some part of it but are being extremely behind the scenes about it.

All I want, and the rest of the players want (I get at least 5 IM's a day asking where N-Pulse is) is some answers. When it went down, they said "a few days" not "a few weeks". There comes a point where complaining IS the only thing you can do.

LogicBot
01-16-2005, 11:44 PM
To put it simply, NPulse went through three bad Manangers and finally got killed.

Not to mention to had a Gr44l user "CainAA" as Staff, which everyone knows about. :eek:

Tweek for Mananger.

Darlene159
01-17-2005, 01:19 AM
To put it simply, NPulse went through three bad Manangers and finally got killed.

Not to mention to had a Gr44l user "CainAA" as Staff, which everyone knows about. :eek:

Tweek for Mananger.They werent all bad Managers
:\
Just because things dont work out at times, and people have to step down, doesnt make them bad Managers

I told UM earlier, and I will say it again here....Spark has to talk to Stefan, and he has not been able to do that yet, I assume that is what we are waiting on.

I know it is frustrating, I am frustrated too, but getting angry isnt the answer :frown:

DarkShadows_Legend
01-17-2005, 01:56 AM
3 bad managers in a row? Last three sets were Zido+Rai, Juli+SaDie, DS+Ducati.
Ducati was good, she just didn't stick aound long enough. :(

Not to mention to had a Gr44l user "CainAA" as Staff, which everyone knows about.

I don't know about her/him/it. :(

LogicBot
01-17-2005, 04:37 AM
3 bad managers in a row? Last three sets were Zido+Rai, Juli+SaDie, DS+Ducati.
Ducati was good, she just didn't stick aound long enough. :(

I don't know about her/him/it. :(
Trying being on player more.

And yes, all three of those Manangers were horrible. Zido went crazy and deleted crap according to people. N-Pulse has gone to hell. It's sad really, it's the only server that was like Doomsday.

DarkShadows_Legend
01-17-2005, 04:50 AM
:whatever:
I've remained active playing there nearly everyday and still haven't seen what is so bad about her. x.x

Blitz_Hunter
01-17-2005, 05:10 AM
In conclusion...we've haven't got any where! :redface:

Locke1
01-17-2005, 05:20 AM
well i wish they hurry up i want n pulse back unholy start to get real boring

Inspiration
01-17-2005, 08:53 AM
Well, when it does come back up If I'm Manager or still working there I'll make it up to you guys for this long wait.

If Moonie is, I'm sure she will as well.

Blitz_Hunter
01-17-2005, 09:00 AM
Well, when it does come back up If I'm Manager or still working there I'll make it up to you guys for this long wait.

If Moonie is, I'm sure she will as well.

oOoOo Do we get 5000g!? :rolleyes:

Lance
01-17-2005, 09:39 AM
well i wish they hurry up i want n pulse back unholy start to get real boring

There are more than two servers, you know.

Malinko
01-17-2005, 05:37 PM
On Lance's note, I suggest you try Maloria, quite fun.

syltburk
01-17-2005, 05:40 PM
On Lance's note, I suggest you try Maloria, quite fun.
I think he already have tried Maloria.

Darlene159
01-17-2005, 05:49 PM
On Lance's note, I suggest you try Maloria, quite fun.Maloria would be fun for people who like that kind of gameplay, I prefer the classic style myself
^^

Malinko
01-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Maloria would be fun for people who like that kind of gameplay, I prefer the classic style myself
^^
I do too, but hey, it's something new to try out in the meantime!

Doahh_p2p
01-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Maloria would be fun for people who like that kind of gameplay, I prefer the classic style myself
^^
Same

Also DD is comming along nicely

Inspiration
01-17-2005, 08:13 PM
I contacted Stefan, he told me he has already restored the server, hes just waiting on a Manager to be placed to put it back on the list.

Blitz_Hunter
01-17-2005, 09:11 PM
I contacted Stefan, he told me he has already restored the server, hes just waiting on a Manager to be placed to put it back on the list.

*gets ready to wait another 2 weeks* :rolleyes:

punkyx
01-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Well that shouldn't take long to decide. Come on :(

HoudiniMan
01-18-2005, 01:46 AM
Progress is being made, we just haven't publicly stated anything until our plan has been all worked out. It's more complicated than pointing to somebody and saying "You're the new one"

Locke1
01-18-2005, 01:56 AM
There are more than two servers, you know.you don't say there is a reason i don't play them either and that reason i hate them.

BEEDOE1
01-18-2005, 02:49 AM
I agree with Houdiniman. As I read these posts and others, since Npulse went down, I have noticed the same ole stinky air. I hope the new Manager will make a big difference on Npulse. I also hope that the players attitudes will now change as they have had time to realize what Npulse really means to them as a player. It is Npulse that must win here, not a certain person that is chosen for manager. I hope Spark's and Stefan really take a longggg good hard look as to whom they choose for the manager for Npulse, and I don't think it has to be Moonie or UM, it can be someone they know will do the job and they trust them totally. I am not putting Moonie or UM down, I am just stating that Npulse took one of the hardest hits I have ever seen it take, and I hope never to see it happen again.

Polo
01-18-2005, 03:10 AM
Hey Queen Beedoe.

I agree that they should not rush pick the manager, and that kind of thing never benefits anyone.

Slash-P2P
01-18-2005, 03:28 AM
you don't say there is a reason i don't play them either and that reason i hate them.

There are many hidden servers that are playable. If you hate all of those, then it sucks to be you.

Lance
01-18-2005, 03:41 AM
you don't say there is a reason i don't play them either and that reason i hate them.

All of them?

LogicBot
01-18-2005, 04:14 AM
Same

Also DD is comming along nicely
DD is comming nicely, expect that I havn't seen Davio in a few weeks. :frown:

Doahh_p2p
01-18-2005, 04:38 AM
According to logs tifa's been on every day

I have never seen davio

DD should go classic soon...

Ducati_Link
01-18-2005, 08:04 AM
Zido has always been trouble from the day he staretd graal. Why no one else really see's it I don't know. He should of never become staff! Let alone Manager. Yet people still worship him as some god because he is an ******. Yet they complain he deleted N-Pulse. Not saying everyone, but a few people I have seen do so in the few threads been made.

I think UM would make a good Manager, I think Moonie would make a good manager. They both have there goods and there cons no matter what. No one can ever please everyone and anyone knows that. With picking the manager it should be somone who is highly willing, has played N-Pulse alot, has good leadership skills and most important thing listens to the players. N-Pulse was build on the whole community though, and thats what people loved about it. It has lost that, and has done for some time now. They can not bring in self minded people. I know I havn't been there in a while, but I did come now and there.. and I always saw UM on, as well as Moonie. I think those two are really the ones that should have the first rights to it. I know I would be pissed if I worked for something and then somone else came in and took it.

Xbob41
01-20-2005, 05:12 PM
This is going to come as a shock to most, but I personally think Moonie should be toted as the new manager. We've had our many disagreements in the past, but at the very least, Moonie didn't throw her hands up despite all the trouble I and many others caused and quit/delete the server. Now THAT is some management-class material.

And Moonie, you can take this as a formal apology for everything I had said in the past. Not because I just want N-Pulse back, but rather, because I truly was an ass to you and half the staff. While I won't neccessarily retract my opinions on how well the server was being managed at the time, I do wish I was more... civil about it.

Darlene159
01-20-2005, 06:03 PM
This is going to come as a shock to most, but I personally think Moonie should be toted as the new manager. We've had our many disagreements in the past, but at the very least, Moonie didn't throw her hands up despite all the trouble I and many others caused and quit/delete the server. Now THAT is some management-class material.

And Moonie, you can take this as a formal apology for everything I had said in the past. Not because I just want N-Pulse back, but rather, because I truly was an ass to you and half the staff. While I won't neccessarily retract my opinions on how well the server was being managed at the time, I do wish I was more... civil about it.Thank you for that. I have been able to see things from a different perspective in the past year...from a players standpoint, and from staff working under others, and have been able to look back and see the mistakes that I made, and I made quite a few. I would hope that I will learn from them
:)

Milkdude99
01-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Hi everyone,
Most of you all know me and know I with Moonie did manage NPulse in the past for I believe the longest running Managers of Npulse if not any PW on Graal.( Not sure about that but I think we were) Anyway I moved up to PWA and devoted my time to all of Graal, but as all things are , things changed and I moved on to have less time for Graal so in the best interest of the Game I stepped down from the PWA.Point to all of this is everything changes as time goes on , not only in real life but Graal as well. Mistakes were made in the past with Npulse and most made out of haste to get something done or put someone in a position so don't be in so much hurry to have something back up that will also be a mistake and eventually bring it back down again. Many things need to be taken in consideration with regards Npulse or any server trying to gain it's footing and rightful place on the server list.

If Moonie gets to be Manager again I would help her if need be but only on a very limited basis, because I am only at home about 1 to 2 days in a 10 day period. I stay on the road a lot now, good money but my home life is the sacrifice for it. This was the reason I had to leave the PWA not because of any less zeal or love for what I was doing. I still love Graal and get on when I can. I am still willing to help those who need it when time permits me to do so. Be patience in the time it will take to make the right choice for Npulse, after all it is for the best of Npulse and for Graal.
;)

Malinko
01-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Hm, interesting.

Chris
01-20-2005, 08:16 PM
It's because she is mature enough (more really) to handle a management position. I say give it to someone that has already proven themselves time and time again. She has.

ETD
01-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Hey MG, maybe you should think about getting a laptop, with a cell phone service that includes internet usage... then you can be on graal while you're truckin' it up out there
:P
(obviously only for short breaks while on the road ;) don't want to see an 18 wheeler flipped over because the driver was playing graal >_< *j/k*)

Well, just an idea... I know it's a lot of money though.

And Moonie, nice post :) You have my support.

Darlene159
01-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Hey MG, maybe you should think about getting a laptop, with a cell phone service that includes internet usage... then you can be on graal while you're truckin' it up out there
(obviously only for short breaks while on the road ;) don't want to see an 18 wheeler flipped over because the driver was playing graal >_< *j/k*)

Well, just an idea... I know it's a lot of money though.

And Moonie, nice post :) You have my support.lol, he is going to get a laptop, not for Graal but just because he is on the road more than he is at home =)
And thanks for your support, and thanks you you also Chris, and everyone else who has always supported me

WanDaMan
01-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Smeh, you deserve it ;)

matt8891
01-21-2005, 03:11 AM
PWA should'nt be allowed to remove Managers or even normal staff. It's their server afterall and the manager/owner should be the only ones with the right to remove other Managers.

Darlene159
01-21-2005, 03:17 AM
PWA should'nt be allowed to remove Managers or even normal staff. It's their server afterall and the manager/owner should be the only ones with the right to remove other Managers.Um, Stefan would be the owner since noone has ever paid for NP, and are you saying that Managers should be allowed to go corrupt and delete everything and then remain Managers? I certainly hope not, people pay to play these servers....There has to be someone to take care of corruption where noone else on the server can....

Malinko
01-21-2005, 03:18 AM
PWA should'nt be allowed to remove Managers or even normal staff. It's their server afterall and the manager/owner should be the only ones with the right to remove other Managers.
Depends on the situation.

LordMatt
01-21-2005, 04:21 AM
I thought I noticed a server was missing.

HoudiniMan
01-21-2005, 05:34 AM
If Moonie gets to be Manager again I would help her if need be but only on a very limited basis

That would hurt things more than help.

Darlene159
01-21-2005, 02:22 PM
That would hurt things more than help.Dont say that....he isnt talking about becoming staff anyway, that isnt the kind of help he is refering to. MG truley cares what happens to NP like alot of us do, and even Graal in general.

WanDaMan
01-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Houdini that was totally uncalled for :\

Xbob41
01-21-2005, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't say it was uncalled for, at least, if he meant it as in how "helping on a limited basis" is pretty much useless, as demonstrated oh-so-many times in the past. This example isn't limited to N-Pulse, it happens everywhere :/ It's like the theme song of failure.

Blitz_Hunter
01-21-2005, 07:16 PM
It's back..... ;)

ETD
01-21-2005, 08:58 PM
It's back..... ;)
And still no post or anything about who is manager, or what will happen?

I think things will get crazy there this weekend if no manager is anounced...

WanDaMan
01-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Instead of announcing a new manager why not put a temporary one in untill things can be sorted? x_x

Darlene159
01-21-2005, 09:13 PM
And still no post or anything about who is manager, or what will happen?

I think things will get crazy there this weekend if no manager is anounced...I do at least have rights to ban, jail, etc if need be, so at least someone has some rights to do those things for now...please just be patient, as the pwa are doing things fairly I am sure

Blitz_Hunter
01-21-2005, 10:18 PM
Atleast it's back. :redface:

Locke1
01-21-2005, 10:35 PM
yay n pulse is back

someweirdperson
01-22-2005, 06:55 AM
leol go t3h npuske!11!1one

CasanovaCanavi
01-22-2005, 08:25 AM
I think if UM offered Stefan some cash, the server would be his. hahaha! o.o

MysticalMatrix
01-22-2005, 09:10 AM
meh XBOB FOR MANAGER! WOOT? or UM or Moonie? They are all good ;o

ThinkDifferent
01-22-2005, 06:37 PM
The players should pick a manager (At least the half intelligent ones) because Stefan nor Unixmad actually play N-Pulse enough to appoint a manager.

Darlene159
01-22-2005, 06:40 PM
The players should pick a manager (At least the half intelligent ones) because Stefan nor Unixmad actually play N-Pulse enough to appoint a manager.Stefan nor Unixmad are appointing the Manager, the PWA are....

trans9o0111
01-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Without drastic change, Npulse will probably go down with in 4 months.

someweirdperson
01-22-2005, 06:55 PM
I agree, all that you do is say play nemspar or click a stupid events scroller thingy. There hasn't been any drastic changes in a while. Before someone replies to this post, remember the drastic word that I took from trans. ;)

ETD
01-22-2005, 07:08 PM
I agree, all that you do is say play nemspar or click a stupid events scroller thingy. There hasn't been any drastic changes in a while. Before someone replies to this post, remember the drastic word that I took from trans. ;)
I kinda figured something out the other day... N-Pulse for the past 4 years has mostly been a change, followed by a reset to a previous version of n-pulse, then another change, then another reset, and so-on. The only time any real longterm change happened in the past 4 years was under the Moons, when they added funland, the snow island I made, and a few other things. Development was pretty slow back then, but it was more long lasting stuff.

As N-Pulse is now the only thing holding it back is oldbies who refuse to let the server move on from it's begining roots. Some people say that it is the server's defining thing, and it is true. All N-Pulse has going for it right now is history. Without history, N-Pulse probably would not have been put back up. But N-Pulse needs to move on from it's history if it ever wants to compete with the new things other servers are doing.

Anyways, just some thoughts.

Snakeandy7
01-22-2005, 08:19 PM
It's taking the PWA alot of time to choose a manager. It's not hard to discuss who should get it.

Blitz_Hunter
01-22-2005, 09:02 PM
We have to rely on Moonie if someone needs jailed, banned, etc.. People seem to think since there is no manager, they can do whatever they please. The PWA team should of chose a manager before putting the server back up. :whatever:

CasanovaCanavi
01-23-2005, 01:01 AM
I'll buy N-Pulse for $200. Take it or leave it.

Blitz_Hunter
01-23-2005, 02:52 AM
I'll buy N-Pulse for $200. Take it or leave it.

Not for sale. :)

CasanovaCanavi
01-23-2005, 03:14 AM
Not for sale. :)

Sure it is. Just gotta find the right price.

LogicBot
01-23-2005, 03:18 AM
Tweek Deathstorm for N-Pulse Mananger! ^^

CasanovaCanavi
01-23-2005, 03:22 AM
Tweek Deathstorm for N-Pulse Mananger! ^^

Anyone is probably better than Moonie.

LogicBot
01-23-2005, 03:24 AM
Anyone is probably better than Moonie.
And Zido.

Hell, make Jenny Darkrune Mananger. My brother would go wild. ^^

someweirdperson
01-23-2005, 03:26 AM
Hell, make Trunx manager. I'll probably erase it but so what?

CasanovaCanavi
01-23-2005, 03:26 AM
And Zido.

Hell, make Jenny Darkrune Mananger. My brother would go wild. ^^

I thought Zido did great. That's just me though.
Jenny? She's a hottie. ;)

Darlene159
01-23-2005, 04:55 AM
I thought Zido did great. That's just me though.
Jenny? She's a hottie. ;)=/
back to your old ways I see, oh well, thats ok....just dont try to apologize to me yet again
:whatever:

Xbob41
01-23-2005, 08:36 AM
The players should pick a manager (At least the half intelligent ones) because Stefan nor Unixmad actually play N-Pulse enough to appoint a manager.

Polls aren't exactly a good idea, since even the intelligent players are bound to pick sides and war with the other if given a choice.

I'd think if Moonie was given another shot with the server and a chance to assemble a good, competent administration, it would get things back on it's feet.

Milkdude99
01-25-2005, 01:54 PM
I kinda figured something out the other day... N-Pulse for the past 4 years has mostly been a change, followed by a reset to a previous version of n-pulse, then another change, then another reset, and so-on. The only time any real longterm change happened in the past 4 years was under the Moons, when they added funland, the snow island I made, and a few other things. Development was pretty slow back then, but it was more long lasting stuff.

As N-Pulse is now the only thing holding it back is oldbies who refuse to let the server move on from it's begining roots. Some people say that it is the server's defining thing, and it is true. All N-Pulse has going for it right now is history. Without history, N-Pulse probably would not have been put back up. But N-Pulse needs to move on from it's history if it ever wants to compete with the new things other servers are doing.

Anyways, just some thoughts. Well put ETD and I tend to agree with you..

Ducati_Link
01-26-2005, 05:13 AM
MG.. I would of never thought I would of heard you say that. :O

Anyway.. I guess I was one of those oldbies who wanted the old times. I still couldnt to this day see N-Pulse as a totaly new server. When it was changed from when Zido was in manager it lost all its feel.. and Zido being manager deffintaly made it change. But anyway.. I bearly play anymore so I guess it shouldnt bother me.

Somone told me an idea of brining back tri-dal and fixing that totaly up. I think that would be a great idea. Fix up the towns, fill in the blanks.. and kill the kingdom idea that Geo made. There would be alot to work with.. it's has its some what classic feel.. but new.

N-Pulse just has to get over the 1 attitude it has always has ' this is good enough'. Nothing on N-Pulse was really that great.. GFX are old, levels were crap, scripts are untalkable of, ganis are even worse.. But it 'just did'. Who ever gets N-Pulse needs to really think hard and work out alot of its problems and really know where it should now be heading.

Oh and one other thing.. isf staff are being corrupt.. fire them! Not have this ' oh but there a good scripter'. Sure they can probablly DO the job but they dont and they are corrupted. We had that so damn much on NP... which was really half the problem of why nothing ever got done.

darmenth
01-26-2005, 06:50 AM
Well put Miss Ocelot.
I wasn't around for the Tri-Dal days, but I still think if you were to bring them back, they should have some serious updates and revamping done first. There are good staff out there, willing to work, just got to find them.

ETD
01-26-2005, 06:55 AM
MG.. I would of never thought I would of heard you say that. :O
I think he did once before >_< I forget exactly when though lol
I guess I was one of those oldbies who wanted the old times. I still couldnt to this day see N-Pulse as a totaly new server.
It doesn't have to be totally new though... it just has to evolve... and N-Pulse has had several things stopping it's evolution. Every playerworld evolves in one way or another. From year to year a playerworld should have lots of small changes, that over time make the whole playerworld different, new and interesting.

I just think that the best solution would be to bring back old levels which are re-detailed. N-Pulse could still use the classic tileset, but maybe use images in the levels to make things look better.

eh, anyways it is great to be able to post on these forums again.... I missed it
^_^
*yes, the last part was a little random... I just type what first comes to mind >_<*

Curt1zzle
01-26-2005, 06:57 AM
I liked N-Pulse when it had classes at the start and Giovanni. :(

Wizards, Thiefs, Warriors, Paladins, Clerics, etc...

HoudiniMan
01-26-2005, 08:33 AM

Don't take what I said as a personal attack on MoonGod, absentee staff have never helped anything.

I would say the same thing about anybody who was only around one or two days out of ten if people were depending on them.

MG can be a source of advice for Moonie, no question about that. His track record on N-Pulse should shows he makes good decisions. Obviously I wasn't doubting his abilities.

I just wasn't sure where he'd be "advising" from, if it was at home with Moonie, he wouldn't have had to make a post. Certainly still possible he never intended to have RC, but it wouldn't be good if people were depending on him on the server itself, or if there was an account with rights left unattended. Having unused RCs isn't the N-Pulse style, and it shouldn't be anybody's.

HoudiniMan
01-26-2005, 08:40 AM
The PWA team should of chose a manager before putting the server back up. :whatever:

We chose a manager less than a week after Zido was banned.

It takes time to get Stefan to set spark's rights locally, so spark can give them to the chosen manager and everything can be set up again.

Also, if we announced the manager prior to setting the his/her rights, staff on the server who still had rights could do a lot of damage to it, and we'd be back where we started.

Darlene159
01-26-2005, 12:26 PM
I just wasn't sure where he'd be "advising" from, if it was at home with Moonie, he wouldn't have had to make a post.He posted to show that he still cares about NP, and to support me....

Snakeandy7
01-26-2005, 12:43 PM
No, he wants a manager, he didn't say you specifically. He said they need you to ban and such.

Milkdude99
01-26-2005, 04:45 PM
I am not totally against anyone even ETD and we have had our bouts in the past, he does at times make statements that I do indeed agee with. Like Npulse , I feel yes it should never entirely lose it's roots but on the other hand it should progress forward to attract new players and create new history. It is the only way the server will survive. I have always in the past as I do now have Npulse best interest at heart and having someone as Staff that is hardly there is not in the best interest of Npulse and at this point in time I cannot devote the time that is needed so anything I may do will be from a backseat position of advice and ideas to throw out to the players and nothing more than that.

The difference of when Moonie and I managed Npulse is we are a Team in real life (Married) so it is natural for us to discuss and work together on things but as in real life no we did not always agree on things but we did work out a compromise with it. Something that is sad to say rare on Graal when there is more than one Manager. So we did have an advantage on this because of our realtionship of many years in real life.

With the help of those who truly want to see Npulse rise again to all it's glory and not interested in their own personal gain, Npulse will indeed rise again.

Just to point out a small detail it is " Teir Dal " , this was the name of the spin off of Npulse Geovanie made. It was the P2P server that never really made it and was combined with Npulse. This was a dark time for Npulse with much confusion and havoc over this, I won't bother going into the details.

I just wasn't sure where he'd be "advising" from, if it was at home with Moonie, he wouldn't have had to make a post. Certainly still possible he never intended to have RC, but it wouldn't be good if people were depending on him on the server itself, or if there was an account with rights left unattended. Having unused RCs isn't the N-Pulse style, and it shouldn't be anybody's. Again HM you are making your opinions on things you don't know about, you should really ask before making such statements. I post because I am still a part of the Graal community and have a valid interest in what goes on with Graal. You really need to keep in mind , I will be 50 this year and have no desire to play the childish power games that many do on here. I would like to see the game and well as the community grow and prosper.

Darlene159
01-26-2005, 06:07 PM
No, he wants a manager, he didn't say you specifically. He said they need you to ban and such.Who are you talking to, and what are you talking about?

Snakeandy7
01-26-2005, 07:38 PM
We have to rely on Moonie if someone needs jailed, banned, etc.. People seem to think since there is no manager, they can do whatever they please. The PWA team should of chose a manager before putting the server back up. :whatever:
Blitz posted this ^ ^

Don't take what I said as a personal attack on MoonGod, absentee staff have never helped anything.

I would say the same thing about anybody who was only around one or two days out of ten if people were depending on them.

MG can be a source of advice for Moonie, no question about that. His track record on N-Pulse should shows he makes good decisions. Obviously I wasn't doubting his abilities.

I just wasn't sure where he'd be "advising" from, if it was at home with Moonie, he wouldn't have had to make a post. Certainly still possible he never intended to have RC, but it wouldn't be good if people were depending on him on the server itself, or if there was an account with rights left unattended. Having unused RCs isn't the N-Pulse style, and it shouldn't be anybody's.
Houdiniman then replied to him (Blitz)

He posted to show that he still cares about NP, and to support me....
You then said he wanted you to be manager, where exactly did he state this, Darlene?

Darlene159
01-26-2005, 08:10 PM
Blitz
You then said he wanted you to be manager, where exactly did he state this, Darlene?you might want to read the post I replied to a little closer, I replied to what Houdiniman said about MG, you totally misread my whole post.
I have no idea where I said that anyone wanted me as Manager at....

Milkdude99
01-26-2005, 08:10 PM
Blitz
You then said he wanted you to be manager, where exactly did he state this, Darlene? No she didn't and this is what I said.. :\

If Moonie gets to be Manager again I would help her if need be but only on a very limited basis, because I am only at home about 1 to 2 days in a 10 day period. I stay on the road a lot now, good money but my home life is the sacrifice for it. ;) Snake if you intend on quoting someone or say someone said something at least make sure your content is correct..

Snakeandy7
01-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Oh, I see. My bad.
-sorry

HoudiniMan
01-27-2005, 02:37 AM
Oh, I see. My bad.
-sorry

I actually made the same mistake at first also. The "he" threw me off.

Milkdude99
01-27-2005, 07:13 AM
We all make mistakes and I am sure most of us can deal with the fact we all do from time to time, no harm done. ;)

HoudiniMan
01-27-2005, 01:30 PM
We all make mistakes and I am sure most of us can deal with the fact we all do from time to time, no harm done. ;)

What is that supposed to mean?..

That seems like a pointless post unless you're taking a jab at somebody with a double meaning...

Ducati_Link
01-29-2005, 06:36 AM
I am not totally against anyone even ETD and we have had our bouts in the past, he does at times make statements that I do indeed agee with.[I][B]With the help of those who truly want to see Npulse rise again to all it's glory and not interested in their own personal gain, Npulse will indeed rise again..

I know MG.. I was only messing :)

Just to point out a small detail it is " Teir Dal " , this was the name of the spin off of Npulse Geovanie made. It was the P2P server that never really made it and was combined with Npulse. This was a dark time for Npulse with much confusion and havoc over this, I won't bother going into the details.

Yes, sorry.. it's Teir Dal. He got it from the game EverQuest I. Anyway.. The reason it was the dark days was because Geo had banned all guilds and jailed anyone who put there global tags on. Which really didn't go down well with TCN and once TCN left and gave up on it N-Pulse, it did start hitting the dips. Wether people liked TCN or not it help N-Pulse comminutiy together more than people thought. Another thing about the 'black days' is that there was never any updates. Levels were crap, and never really added anymore from once it was uploaded. Script were only takled about and one came about once a year.. Find a good team of people willing to fix it up. That era of map could work so well for the new N-Pulse.

Also ETD.. yes little changes over time works well. But sadly little changes hasn't happen over time. And now it is dead and gone.. That option is no longer open. The very old classic has been done to much at the moment. People are bored of it again, and there isn't alot to do nor work with in re-vamping that. It would still be that same thing. Teir Dal is the way to go I really do beleive. New classic start.

One other thing.. For N-Pulse sake.. please try and keep the N-Pulse styling of N-Pulse. None of this complete if you squint your eyes turn around backwards 5 times and stand on your head you may be able to make out a house in all those tiles. Very smiple, very clean, very nice and well done.

Nappa
01-29-2005, 06:50 AM
ducati smells like bum

ETD
01-29-2005, 08:06 AM
Also ETD.. yes little changes over time works well. But sadly little changes hasn't happen over time. And now it is dead and gone.. That option is no longer open. The very old classic has been done to much at the moment. People are bored of it again, and there isn't alot to do nor work with in re-vamping that. It would still be that same thing. Teir Dal is the way to go I really do beleive. New classic start.
As I said in one of my last posts, little changes over time is best, but hasn't happened since the Moons were managers. If Moonie becomes manager again, I think they could happen again, and N-Pulse can keep on going and evolving to make things more interesting.

Also, I had said:
I just think that the best solution would be to bring back old levels which are re-detailed.
Either way you look at it, you're talking about bringing back old levels, re-detailing them (and finishing them in your example) and then uploading >_<

Why even start with the Armodian and Kalton overworld? What advantages does it give you over just making a new one? A new overworld would not be restrictive in shape and size, and probably still be about as easy to make. I doubt anyone is really attached to any level on that overworld, so I see no advantage to useing it.

I say just use the overworld that was up when the Moons left... the one that actually looked like a real world, with islands and everything. Then finish funland, maybe a new island for fun, and get the thing put up... it would be better than taking many months to finish off a huge overworld, because in that time you'll already lose a lot of players, and N-Pulse has already lost too many. :/ uploading that version of the server could only take a day or 2, then adding to it from there wouldn't be that hard.

Anyways, just my opinion
Though the results of the poll seem to indicate that people want that version of the server up most... but I do agree that you can't really judge useing that poll, since not many people voted.

Darlene159
01-29-2005, 02:52 PM
What is that supposed to mean?..

That seems like a pointless post unless you're taking a jab at somebody with a double meaning...MG was talking to snakeandy

If Moonie becomes manager again....., I am Manager again :)

Malinko
01-29-2005, 04:39 PM
I am Manager again :)
You go girl.

Ducati_Link
02-01-2005, 05:39 PM
ducati smells like bum

You smell like spam. So get over it.

Moonie - Congrats :)

ETD - IF you did that era you would have to take away like the 500 blank water... Can you not remember how many of those water levels there were? The reason I say TD is because it is very open.. you can totaly change its shore lines, add and removes alot in there. More add that remove really. But you can add those old islands, old all the good places that got used. Classic Classic era... level 1 2 and 3 were about the only real levels being used. Also there is so much to work with TD.

Anyway, It was just my opinion. I thought it would work out.

Ducati_Link
02-01-2005, 05:51 PM
I have been sorting out my PC and came across old NP pics.. Anyone remember them?

ETD
02-01-2005, 08:07 PM
IF you did that era you would have to take away like the 500 blank water... Can you not remember how many of those water levels there were?
Yes, but by the end there were a lot of islands starting to fill in the water. There were still a good amount, I agree, but that's just room to add new islands, to make things interesting. Adding new islands every so often as updates would be a good way to go I think. >_<
The reason I say TD is because it is very open.. you can totaly change its shore lines, add and removes alot in there. More add that remove really. But you can add those old islands, old all the good places that got used. Classic Classic era... level 1 2 and 3 were about the only real levels being used. Also there is so much to work with TD.
TD had a lot of empty land levels... what's the difference between empty land, and empty water really? Also, TD, just about every level would have to be re-made to fit today's level quality standards... with the 'funland' version of classic N-Pulse, almost all of those levels would fit today's standards... only a few would need to be re-detailed.

It just seems like a lot less work to add the funland version of n-pulse and go from there. Though your ideas are good too, but it just seems like more work than it's worth to me.
=x
Anyways, I am sure Moonie will do a good job no matter what option she chooses
:)

Ducati_Link
02-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Funland? Okay no offence MG it was a great idea.. but it never really kicked off. In totaly there is only about... 15? (is that) funland levels and about 40 blank levels.

The difference between water and grass is that grass already has its base there.. To many Islands can start to look tacky in my opinion.. and it can get annoying. But I guess everyone is different on the way they like the overworld. I just don't like island maps very much.

And I agree.. What ever it is im sure Moonie will make it work. She seems pretty tuned in for whats needed.

MysticalDragon
02-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Wilddude is in the picture at the top left :)

DarkShadows_Legend
02-04-2005, 01:47 AM
oooh screenshots. old times
the time someone warped everyone on the server to the nemspar level, old TD main, and south of Goddess Town on TD. ^^

It is an easy overworld to work with and would probably be better to be used since it has an already made map. The other overworlds are nice, but making a map for them is hard with the crazy way some of the levels were linked.