PDA

View Full Version : Item GFX

Benm00t
01-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Since now that most alchemy items have gfx, i have there should be several different looks or colours for each item. This would be a nice way for people to keep a colour pattern they are going for with their look and would stop everyone ending up looking the same :-P

The two ways i can think of at the moment for doing this, would be allow people to change the colour whenever they want. Or, the other (which i like the most :-P) is when you alchemy the item, a random colour will be produced which can't be changed.

This would make trading for the items a bit more fun as you'd have to work for a colour that you want.

Just an idea. Expand on it please.

Moonite
01-13-2005, 01:43 AM
Im Fine with the Collours right now
and if u dont like them Moden Tap ur Item Gfx Away...

Benm00t
01-13-2005, 01:51 AM
if u dont like them Moden Tap ur Item Gfx Away...

Yeah, i knew someone would mention that, but not everyone can do that.

Zero Hour
01-13-2005, 02:04 AM
You realize a person (I.E.: myself) would have to color every single item? I think it's a waste of bandwidth and effort.

g0atex
01-13-2005, 02:16 AM
You realize a person (I.E.: myself) would have to color every single item? I think it's a waste of bandwidth and effort.
It's not very hard if you just change the hues. The only way I would even remotely like this idea was if we didn't have recolored armor. ie: PMoP is just Platemail but turquoise.

Moonite
01-13-2005, 02:46 AM
its easy.. liekon the older server

Skin red
belt black

he wants
helm Pink

but why?
only because u cant afford the old alchemy items that has a Sexy gfx no no gfx?

Butz
01-13-2005, 05:50 AM
The different item colors help distinguish them from others quickly at the moment though.

Chris
01-13-2005, 06:09 AM
Yea, "most alchemy items have graphics." I wish my Crown of Sorig had an image. I'm annoyed that it's a blank image and even equipping it messes up my character's hair. I appear bald while wearing the thing. I asked Bjorn once if he could fix it and he replied with some incoherent gibberish. :frown:

Snakeandy7
01-13-2005, 09:11 AM
lololol <3 the sorig!!.

Moonite
01-13-2005, 09:50 AM
Yea, "most alchemy items have graphics." I wish my Crown of Sorig had an image. I'm annoyed that it's a blank image and even equipping it messes up my character's hair. I appear bald while wearing the thing. I asked Bjorn once if he could fix it and he replied with some incoherent gibberish. :frown:

thats a old Sorig Crown
yea they freaking ugly now

Still my Sorigs with dex+2 and 40 resist elec :]

Draenin
01-18-2005, 06:23 AM
Nah, we couldn't do that! Then the GFX team would have a hard time coming up with new items simply by recoloring them and calling them something else.