PDA

View Full Version : Missions: Ideas & Plans

Admins
01-12-2005, 05:19 AM
It is planned that on Zone there will be missions, which you can play together with some friends. Those missions can be just about walking with mechs through some levels and shoot at aliens or so, but they can also be more complex and contain Metalgear Solid-like stuff. I plan to code "intelligent" computer-controlled enemies, which can also be used on Graal Kingdoms so it's half the work. If you have ideas or would like to make plans for such a mission please post it here.

Shaun
01-12-2005, 05:21 AM
I wonder if, using Graal's Zone technology, eventually a spy type server will appear (like James Bond). I'm not sure how it would work for multiplayer though.

Admins
01-12-2005, 05:29 AM
Some rooms or areas that are designed for single player must probably be blocked for a few minutes while a player is doing the quests/tasks there, so that other players cannot disturb you. There must always be a timeout so that room/area cannot be blocked forever. There could eventually be 3 or 5 rooms which must be unlocked, and those can be done by a team of 3/5 people or if there is no one else then you need to do all 3/5 yourself.

Zurkiba
01-12-2005, 06:07 AM
Single Player: Do the spy thing
Multiplayer Team: I'll just say I want to blow stuff up, a lot of stuff.

haro41
01-12-2005, 06:36 AM
but they can also be more complex and contain Metalgear Solid-like stuff.
like the box

Moonite
01-12-2005, 07:22 AM
like the box

did u just Gfx that?
Its Pretty lol

Admins
01-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Yes its nice although the shadow under the box which changes with the light direction will be hard to do :)
We could also add crawling (through a bed house, and if there is some sound then the 20+ soldiers wake up and shoot at you). Crawling could also be used for the battle zones, you are not appearing on the radar then.

JudgeDurst
01-12-2005, 02:17 PM
This is just an idea but maybe instead of "locking" missions they could be instanced for different groups/players

Admins
01-12-2005, 02:22 PM
It would be possible to make several copies of the same mission, with small variations, like the treasure maps on Graal Kingdoms.

Snakeandy7
01-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Yes its nice although the shadow under the box which changes with the light direction will be hard to do :)
We could also add crawling (through a bed house, and if there is some sound then the 20+ soldiers wake up and shoot at you). Crawling could also be used for the battle zones, you are not appearing on the radar then.
Love the crawling idea :O

Zurkiba
01-13-2005, 12:22 AM
Stefan changed his signature after like a bazillion years!

someweirdperson
01-13-2005, 12:35 AM
omgt3h sig change

Moonite
01-13-2005, 01:54 AM
But Stefan hat will Player do After those Qeust?
after the qeust zone will lose they players again..

middo
01-13-2005, 03:46 AM
Some rooms or areas that are designed for single player must probably be blocked for a few minutes while a player is doing the quests/tasks there, so that other players cannot disturb you. There must always be a timeout so that room/area cannot be blocked forever. There could eventually be 3 or 5 rooms which must be unlocked, and those can be done by a team of 3/5 people or if there is no one else then you need to do all 3/5 yourself.

Stefan,
Two words.

Clientside
copylevel ,;

Otherwise we will get people who lag out in there.
(For single player quests)

Nitkizi
01-13-2005, 03:59 AM
but they can also be more complex and contain Metalgear Solid-like stuff.

-SPLOOGE- I...I love..you Stefan.. :eek:

dude2020
07-19-2006, 09:38 PM
its still isnt out yet....and this was planed before Gwerswaits for old thread and get yelled at it

smirt362
07-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Be patient..It's probably difficult to script.

This is rather neat, I might actually play Zone if there was more to do than just run arround and shoot people!

Perhaps you have some sort of "level" associated with how many missions you complete and when you go to the next "level" you get access to more things?

dude2020
07-19-2006, 11:03 PM
did u read the whole thing...

MisterMastermind
07-19-2006, 11:38 PM
I want to be a boss NPC. :D

Gambet
07-20-2006, 12:07 AM
Don't forget about my mission blueprints/layout :frown:

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58190

NOTE: I've suggested plenty of things that could still be used as ideas for things that could be made today. I posted tons of threads with some interested item/map/mission ideas.

jkool666
07-20-2006, 12:16 AM
its still isnt out yet....and this was planed before Gwerswaits for old thread and get yelled at it
It was planed a good year before you even started -_-... I don't think anyone intends on adding missions :(

pooper200000
07-20-2006, 12:28 AM
why not they would keep me playing! and if more people played longer stefan gets more omney its a ++ situtaion!

dude2020
07-20-2006, 01:45 AM
i reminded Stefan after like 2-4 days after Gwers was out...he siad Oh yeah i need to get to work on that...
he forgets to much he needs sumthin remind him or its still being worked on a YEAR

smirt362
07-20-2006, 02:25 AM
did u read the whole thing...
I didnt realize it was a year old...oh well.

Anyways I was also thinking of something else...
Bonuses (money, "level exp," whatever) for achieving certain things.
Like never be seen or find a certain number of items or what not.

someonesomewhere
07-20-2006, 02:48 AM
My attention span is too short for small missions, unless it gives me some obvious reward that I can flaunt. =P

Oh yeah, I don't think Stefan will finish this... and I remember reading something about robot bees in the earlier threads.

dude2020
07-20-2006, 02:52 AM
lol fourm pm me that thread

pooper200000
07-20-2006, 04:35 AM
i reminded Stefan after like 2-4 days after Gwers was out...he siad Oh yeah i need to get to work on that...
he forgets to much he needs sumthin remind him or its still being worked on a YEAR
May I make a point. Gold is 29 dollars ammerican money. There are about 4000 members. Do the math. I think for the amount of cash he is making he can add a fe updates to keep us happy. If not so be it but then plenty of people may not upgrade meaning that he is not going to have as much extra $! Darlene or sam if you have an issue with what i said and think about deleting or editing my post tell me why otherwise leave it be.

SayianOozaru
07-20-2006, 05:01 AM
thats for half a year...its $39 for a year of gold, and like $44 dollars for 1 year gold + vip... x_x

smirt362
07-20-2006, 08:17 AM
My attention span is too short for small missions, unless it gives me some obvious reward that I can flaunt. =P

Oh yeah, I don't think Stefan will finish this... and I remember reading something about robot bees in the earlier threads.

Another idea...along with those goals that you can reach inside a mission...perhaps if you reach enough of those you get certain badges that display somewhere and that you can show off to everyone else?

Ya know..if he gets on it.

SayianOozaru
07-20-2006, 08:49 AM

i'll write it in pepporroni next time he orders a pizza :rolleyes:

dude2020
07-20-2006, 08:53 AM
i'll write it in pepporroni next time he orders a pizza :rolleyes:ima talkign about zone..

MisterMastermind
07-20-2006, 09:03 AM
ima talkign about zone..
Are you really that stupid?:confused:

SayianOozaru
07-20-2006, 09:03 AM
i no what your talking about, you said

"i reminded Stefan after like 2-4 days after Gwers was out...he siad Oh yeah i need to get to work on that...
he forgets to much he needs sumthin remind him or its still being worked on a YEAR"

you said he forgets to much, and needs somthing to remind him that he needs to work on it before he forgets about it for a year...

so i said

"i'll write it down for him in pepporroni, on his pizza, next time he orders one :rolleyes:"

dude2020
07-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Are you really that stupid?:confused:yes :frown:

MisterMastermind
07-20-2006, 09:05 AM
yes :frown:
Stefan is addicted to pizza. Common knowledge, just as much so as breathing.

dude2020
07-20-2006, 09:07 AM
Stefan is addicted to pizza. Common knowledge, just as much so as breathing.im dumb

of topic im jailed on SOG!!!! and now im blocking doors iwht other accts =]

Crono
07-20-2006, 09:49 AM
im dumb

of topic im jailed on SOG!!!! and now im blocking doors iwht other accts =]

Dark Ops doesn't need stupid people. Shape up or I kick you. >:[

MisterMastermind
07-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Dark Ops needs skilled players.

ryohazuki90
07-20-2006, 11:45 AM
id liek to see these missons Pay off rather well.... makes emm actually worth the trouble. like money for all survivors? or somthing to that effect.

oh as for missions maybe its infiltration like a htiman concept your team has to take out a guy inside a base wihle you have to get in... and simply blastign your way through could be Really hard without the right team. plus you coudl have multipule ways of doind a mission for instance if one person is a engenire (mispelt) then he can activate a mech and blast down a wall saving time. or if your a scout you dont appear on radar making each class that little bit more valuble. also for this.. i think a silenced wepon is needed,, liek silenced aps or Apripper.......... these are just ideas but i can really see this coming to life. Mech Guards , Enemy Sentrys with Smgs or plasma rifle's. and ninja s with muramsa's or plasma sabre useining aliens...... The possibiblitys are endless.

ryohazuki90
07-20-2006, 11:45 AM
basically try and make it to were every mission can be totally diffrent. depending on how you or your friends play.

bahamutstevetff
07-20-2006, 12:08 PM
my ideas
1 save the king, u must sneak through a large complex scring points for stealth to save the kinf like hitman, a stealth bar would indicatehow well hidden you are.
2 co-op protect the cargo. simple, qa team of 3-4 co operate to protect a cargo truck for 5 mins or so from attacking bots and later down the line more difficult enemies.
3 rolls and other strenuose teqniques
4 missions where only melee weapons can be used
5 liberate the castle- simple, break in and take the castle from the mean bots lol.

pooper200000
07-20-2006, 03:07 PM
We have huwa and crono! thats skilled players!

MisterMastermind
07-20-2006, 09:02 PM
We have huwa and crono! thats skilled players!
Two out of 30+...

someonesomewhere
07-21-2006, 01:56 AM
I'm in the upper 3/4's of the playerbase, don't I count? x_x

And yeah, Stefan really has too much to do, but he could pay more attention to Zone.

Sulukra
07-21-2006, 02:04 AM
i'll write it in pepporroni next time he orders a pizza :rolleyes:

When he "rolls up the rim to win", I'll make sure it says "Hey Stefan, stop drinking coffee and go and work on Zone. Oh, and please try again."

God, Tim Hortons joke.

luffy620
07-21-2006, 04:23 AM
my ideas
1 save the king, u must sneak through a large complex scring points for stealth to save the kinf like hitman, a stealth bar would indicatehow well hidden you are.
2 co-op protect the cargo. simple, qa team of 3-4 co operate to protect a cargo truck for 5 mins or so from attacking bots and later down the line more difficult enemies.
3 rolls and other strenuose teqniques
4 missions where only melee weapons can be used
5 liberate the castle- simple, break in and take the castle from the mean bots lol.

1 and 5 arn't futuristic enough for zone.

dude2020
07-21-2006, 04:26 AM
Luffy in fact its the oposeite (spelt wrong) of futuristic

PaperMario
07-26-2006, 06:30 AM
Y'know, ever since I started Zone, I always thought about "Missions". But, I thought, instead, you should have a "Seperate" part of Zone where you make NPC enemies. You start in the "Hangar" (Y'know a dropship) and there will be 2 areas. 1: The Training area, where you fight NPC enemies. 2: The PK area, where after you gotten good, you can test out your skillz on other people. But, here's the twist. Having a training area would be for "Leveling". This sounds like a bad idea, which i'm sure most of you will be like: TOO MAL STYLE. But, it's not, your power increases. Basically, your Skill with the weapons you use the most will level, of course, still having the "Kill Players, Kill NPC, Level up thing". When you kill a player or NPC, you can get Money, allowing you to buy upgraded weapons at the "Vendor". The "Vendor" can sell upgraded weapons, energy boosts, basically anything you can think of (Reasonably of course). That's all I got, i'm tired, it's late.

Bl0nkt
07-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Y'know, ever since I started Zone, I always thought about "Missions". But, I thought, instead, you should have a "Seperate" part of Zone where you make NPC enemies. You start in the "Hangar" (Y'know a dropship) and there will be 2 areas. 1: The Training area, where you fight NPC enemies. 2: The PK area, where after you gotten good, you can test out your skillz on other people. But, here's the twist. Having a training area would be for "Leveling". This sounds like a bad idea, which i'm sure most of you will be like: TOO MAL STYLE. But, it's not, your power increases. Basically, your Skill with the weapons you use the most will level, of course, still having the "Kill Players, Kill NPC, Level up thing". When you kill a player or NPC, you can get Money, allowing you to buy upgraded weapons at the "Vendor". The "Vendor" can sell upgraded weapons, energy boosts, basically anything you can think of (Reasonably of course). That's all I got, i'm tired, it's late.
"really"

MisterMastermind
07-26-2006, 10:25 PM
"blah"
"No."